johnsfb
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
From the ad:
"This is my 1 Series M Coupe that I ordered last year, and had one of the earliest build dates in the UK - I received it on May 14th.
The reason for selling this car, is simply because it is not for me, and I will not appreciate is for how special it is!

** PLEASE NOTE - The car is un-registered, and therefore classed as new **"

Very weird indeed she's already selling the car. I might have been right after all, when I said "girls don't talk like this" in the first post on this page.
So she is a girl, and the 1M is not for her.
This Alice is a fraud. She's now trying to tell us that the car is new and UNREGISTERED after she's been running around in it and wants to sell it at a £4000 mark-up. What ???
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 03:22 AM   #46
eugegall
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CS

So what if she's trying to make a quick buck? Welcome to the real fucking world.

So what id she's only 20/23? with a car like this..... Jealous much???

The way i understand it is this. A car car be classed as 'New' if it has less than 100 miles on it. Which it does.

Chances are she went to the dealer and drove the 'Unregistered' car on their plates. which is legal. Went to Portugal and decided against it? Probably found a new bag she wanted or something.

Anyway less of the hating!! Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #47
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318d

£4k profit is a tad ambitious when there are still cars available, but you got to love the girl for trying. There's always some sucker out there who SIMPLY MUST HAVE THAT CAR!

Good luck indeed.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 03:49 AM   #48
lavaletta
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 04 3.0i Z4; 09 135i; VO 1M

Seriously, I don't get the angst here. Who the hell knows what's going on here. What is this? The presumption of wickedness? For all we know she has had a change of job, a breakdown in a relationship, a death in the family, or any number of possibilities that rationalize her decision to divest a recently acquired car. This is not a bloody religion. She's allowed to sell her own fuggin car for God's sake. What the hell is wrong with that?
      05-29-2011, 03:49 AM   #49
johnsfb
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugegall View Post
So what if she's trying to make a quick buck? Welcome to the real fucking world.

The way i understand it is this. A car car be classed as 'New' if it has less than 100 miles on it. Which it does.

Chances are she went to the dealer and drove the 'Unregistered' car on their plates. which is legal. Went to Portugal and decided against it? Probably found a new bag she wanted or something.

No, I'm not jealous. I got my 1m same day she says she BOUGHT hers.
If she bought the car , it's now second hand regardless of whatever miles it has run.
How did she manage to buy a new car without getting it registered?
Believe what you like.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 04:15 AM   #50
Telegamer
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 SMG & E82 135i

as far as I know a car is registered to the buyer before it leaves the showroom floor
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 04:19 AM   #51
johnsfb
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegamer View Post
as far as I know a car is registered to the buyer before it leaves the showroom floor
Same in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #52
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, 1M,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorbitz View Post
£4k profit is a tad ambitious when there are still cars available, but you got to love the girl for trying. There's always some sucker out there who SIMPLY MUST HAVE THAT CAR!

Good luck indeed.
+1

Nobody should be speculating without really knowing the truth. This link alone proves people are ready to pay money for these cars regardless of whether the allocation is gone or not: -http://pistonheads.com/sales/2814665.htm
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 04:25 AM   #53
eugegall
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsfb View Post
Same in the UK.
May i ask why you're so concerned?

Come on dude you must have other things in life to do right?
This cant be it.....
This cant be the highlight of your Sunday morning?

Real Keyboard Warrior!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #54
johnsfb
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
May i ask why you're so concerned?

Come on dude you must have other things in life to do right?
This cant be it.....
This cant be the highlight of your Sunday morning?

Real Keyboard Warrior!!!!
OK OK Settle down laddie.
I just don't like anybody trying to tell me something that's not right.
Maybe Alice made a mistake in what she's saying.
I'll shut up and say no more about it.

Heh heh, the highlight of my Sunday morning is about to begin ---I'm away for a run in my 1M.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #55
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
.......Heh heh, the highlight of my Sunday morning is about to begin ---I'm away for a run in my 1M.
jealous!

I think mine starts production this week, a week earlier than expected by the looks of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #56
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Well, it does not concern me and she can do with her car whatever she wants to. But honestly, I'm really surprised and almost kinda shocked... I mean she was writing about this car all these months, was enthusiastic about everything and she was very forward to get the car. And when she finally got it, she loved it even more than she'd thought. And a few days later she's selling it... eeehhmmm, alright...

I don't really got it, seriously. But ok, she's a woman, and as we all know, never try to understand a woman.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #57
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
I don't really got it, seriously. But ok, she's a woman, and as we all know, never try to understand a woman.

I don't care what the reason is why she want's to sell, it's her car, her choice.

I do question the ethics though..... claiming it's new, unregistered, when she's already posted photos on the net to prove it has been registered.

Mind you, the Channel Islands do have some unique laws/regulations different to the rest of the UK...... ????
      05-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #58
alice
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
This Alice is a fraud. She's now trying to tell us that the car is new and UNREGISTERED after she's been running around in it and wants to sell it at a £4000 mark-up. What ???
I have explained in the previous thread how the car has come to be unregistered.
I was simply away, and therefore could not send the information for the car to be registered - simple as.

I have decided to sell my car, and therefore advertised it for sale. I have explained everything, and have nothing to hide, so do me a favour and stop picking me apart in every single way - do you seriously have nothing better to do?

This has highlighted just how bad being part of a forum can be - at least you had fun ripping apart a 20 year old girl - I would have liked to see you do it in real life face to face with the facts in front of you.

End of.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #59
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
This has highlighted just how bad being part of a forum can be - at least you had fun ripping apart a 20 year old girl - I would have liked to see you do it in real life face to face with the facts in front of you.
Correct. Unfortunately, Internet is a b*tch. Don't let her get you down.

But Alice, why didn't you just give a reason why you are selling the car, other than "this car is not for me" ?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #60
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
I have explained in the previous thread how the car has come to be unregistered.
I was simply away, and therefore could not send the information for the car to be registered - simple as.

I have decided to sell my car, and therefore advertised it for sale. I have explained everything, and have nothing to hide, so do me a favour and stop picking me apart in every single way - do you seriously have nothing better to do?

End of.
I wasn't going to post on this thread but I'm glad you have come back to respond to all the unnecessary post. It's your car, your money, so just do what you want! Btw, when I was 25 and I bought my first Porsche, I had buyer's remorse too (which as I understand from reading your post may be contributing to this decision). Being so young and committing such a large amount of money does make you think about it constantly. I can only imagine what it's like to be 20 and having bought a 1M!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #61
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:

Why are you so defensive over what someone posts about another person on this forum??? Are you dating her? Are you related to her? Defensive much??

At any rate, who cares what someone posts about someone else? This is the internet. Sometimes people are "mislead" to believe something about someone... Wake up
I agree what others say though. It is her car and she can do what she wants to with it. And maybe there are reasons she is selling? Personal reasons?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #62
eugegall
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
Why are you so defensive over what someone posts about another person on this forum??? Are you dating her? Are you related to her? Defensive much??

At any rate, who cares what someone posts about someone else? This is the internet. Sometimes people are "mislead" to believe something about someone... Wake up
I agree what others say though. It is her car and she can do what she wants to with it. And maybe there are reasons she is selling? Personal reasons?
No she's not my girlfriend nor do i know her, but when everyone is getting on her back about something thats got absolutely nothing to do with them i feel like i want to back her up! Really simple logic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
At any rate, who cares what someone posts about someone else? This is the internet.
Can you not see the irony in your post? Contradiction much?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #63
alice
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Quote:
Correct. Unfortunately, Internet is a b*tch. Don't let her get you down.

But Alice, why didn't you just give a reason why you are selling the car, other than "this car is not for me" ?
As I have said previously, I am not comfortable having so much money tied up in a car that I am don't feel is 100% right for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #64
GotM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT

Keep in mind that you can ask what ever price you want for a car, that does not mean you have a buyer. If she can find someone willing to pay what she is asking, good for her.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread