BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i convertible

Way Down on Bimmian

Purchased 4 "novelty things" for my 11 135i vert that no one needs. First was an ultimate led kit at about 15 bucks per bulb. Of the nine bulbs they sent in a cut up package, five were not even close to fitting correctly. They obviously put no effort into their kit despite their advertising to the contrary. I mean all one needs to do is go to any parts store to find the correct bulbs. Emailed back and forth (giant waste of time), even offered to mail original bulbs in to help them get it right. Responses - BS - bend the clips, force it in, etc. Second, the triangle which they say you need a screwdriver to install. Guess what, you don't because they don't include the brackets. Response: it comes from Germany that way. Other sites say brackets included. Third, the Weisslicht license plate lights. Don't waste your money; despite what Bimmian advertises, they are a generic part and they have a "universal" metal clip that will eventually rub through your paint and cause rust. Last, an emblem which I paid for at the time of purchase and which they said was on backorder. Once it came in, they emailed me that I could purchase it. When I notified them that they already charged me (same with triangle) they said they'd mail both right away. Guess what, the emblem was not in the package. Now, over a month later they notified me they sent it and the site says 2-3 weeks delivery becasue I didn't pay for shipping - ha. In my opinion, Bimmian is just a site that re-sells and drop ships stuff. They do not really appear to know what they are doing or care. In conclusion: useless waste of time and money.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Nunnsie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe/Step/iDrive

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
I ran into the same problem with the warning triangle. I got the brackets and screws at Crown. http://www.crownpartsonline.com/partlocator/

Here are the part numbers - order 2 of each:

Bracket: 51 49 7 167 548
Expanding nut: 07 14 6 976 114
Screw: 07 12 9 905 220

Oh, and only spent $2.24 + shipping for all 6 parts!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm just mad at myself for ever even going there in the first place. Time is money and those guys are useless and have taken the fun out of what should just be a no thought experience. I'm cool with there not being brackets; just tell me before I purchase so I can make an intelligent decision. Had I known that, I would have bought it elsewhere. Didn't need the damn thing in the first place and ceratinly don't need some blue plastic box sliding around my trunk.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update.

Attached are photos of actual bulb and replacement bulb Bimmian sent which it assured would fit. Like they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Using another member's input, I ordered the mounting hardware for the warning triangle Bimmian sent me only to find upon its arrival that Bimmian sent the me the wrong triangle for a 1 series. Bimmian does not even know there are different triangles for different cars; see leatherz.com and pay the extra $5 for the correct part. My conclusion is that Bimmian just plain sucks and does not know what it is doing and that Steve is totally incompetent and nothing more than a thief. Don't waste your time and money dealing with Bimmian as it is artfully structured; their principal sales target is the US but it hides on Rossland Road in Canada to make returning things extremely difficult and prohibitively expensive and compounds the effectiveness of that barrier by blaming everything on the customer. I long ago lost as my time is worth far more than Bimmian stole from me. However, I'm so upset that I've decided to invest whatever time and effort is necessary to show other 1addicts Bimmian's incompetence and fraud as I can not stand the idea that Bimmian has, to this point, successfully defrauded me, rebuffed my efforts to get my money back and that it can continue to peddle the shit it sell to other members.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Support for my last post

Below is my last email exchange with Bimmian as support for my last post. The only change is I deleted personal contact info. I hate proceeding in this manner, but I just do not have a more effective or practical means of legal recourse and like I said before, I do not dispute that Steve has been polite and responsive, however those two qualties do not mean anything when the problem is not corrected, I am out my money and the blame is repeatedly and unwarrantedly placed on me.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Hi Robert,

2 of the longer bulbs that were sent will fit into your visor lights.

As noted in my previous correspondences to you, the bulbs that we have are a little bigger than the OEM bulbs and if you bend the clips, these bulbs will fit it. I have also sent you extra bulbs that a little smaller that will fit without you having to bend you clips.

The triangles are direct from BMW. You can contact any dealership to confirm same. There is nothing defective with them. Also, with the bulbs that I sent you (plural... bulbs!), your ultimate kit should function properly with about 4 bulbs extra. I believe I have went above and beyond to correct this problem for you.

If you wish to return the product, you can submit an RMA for approval. I can forward you the instructions. However, a 20% restocking fee will apply for any return. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with a return shipping label.

Further, I ask that you cease with the insults and threats. I have been nothing but polite and respectful throughout our dealings and your constant barrage of insults is not deserved nor appreciated. I wish to keep things amicable, even if you do not plan on buying anything from us in the future.

Thanks Robert. My contact information is below. If you wish to discuss further, please give me a call.

Stephen

Sent: July-29-10 4:01 PM
To: Steve@bimmian.com
Cc: cal@jlevisw.com
Subject: My Order

Steve (and Cal), I'm beyond arguing now. I received the bulbs (plural) you sent me for the trunk today and none of them are correct plus you seem to have conveniently overlooked the vanity mirrors. Additionally, since I last wrote, I tracked down the mounting hardware for the triangle and, upon receipt of the same, I learned that the triangle you sent me is not for a one series (perhaps you could learn from leatherz.com) What I'd really like is for you to just refund what I paid for the "ultimate" light set and the triangle and, if you want me to return those items, a prepaid return shipping label as they are defective in that they do not fit my car. Otherwise, I promise when I get the time, I'll prevail. Bob
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Further update

Several additional emails to Steve at Bimmian, copied to Cal@Jlevi and no response. Guess that's because Steve and Cal's mystery Bimmian contacts can't fight with a picture that shows their incompetence. Steve has no idea what he's doing and Bimmian is simply a reseller of overpriced junk parts. Sort of surprised more people have not chimed in; perhaps it's just me. In any event, I'm tenacious and will keep trying. Hopefully I'll get some satisfaction before Steve goe's into his winter hibernation.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33914 View Post
Several additional emails to Steve at Bimmian, copied to Cal@Jlevi and no response. Guess that's because Steve and Cal's mystery Bimmian contacts can't fight with a picture that shows their incompetence. Steve has no idea what he's doing and Bimmian is simply a reseller of overpriced junk parts. Sort of surprised more people have not chimed in; perhaps it's just me. In any event, I'm tenacious and will keep trying. Hopefully I'll get some satisfaction before Steve goe's into his winter hibernation.
Hey there,

Steve has been on vacation for the past week so he has not had access to email unfortunately. I have been working with Bimmian on this particular kit and we are having one sent down to me to test on my car. We put together the kit based on a car with the premium package lighting so I am sorry that your car did not come with the proper footwell lights to get this kit together.

With that said, I am going to personally test the car on my 135 with the lighting package to get this sorted out once and for all. I am really sorry it has been such a pain for you but we will get it straightened out shortly.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Are Bimmian and JLeviSW the same company? Or just partners or?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

We are two different companies but partner to carry each other's lines.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #10
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

ouch. sounds like a major head ache.
      11-01-2010, 03:02 AM   #11
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Sorry u got issues, ive never had a problem with bimmian..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 04:27 AM   #12
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33914 View Post
Did you pay by credit card? If so, your credit card company would have investigated, and determined whether to give you a refund. Might be too late now, tho - I think you have 3 months after the billing to do that, so I guess it would depend on when you were first billed.
      11-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #13
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

oh and i bought my gloss badges from bimmian at bimmerfest. was all good except the I's tape didnt line up and had to perform some surgery before placing it on.
      11-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Bimmian is a little iffy. I like their install videos and guides, but their customer service kinda sucks. I've bought roundel overlays and the interior xenon kit from them.

One time they sent me a completely wrong sheet of overlays, it looked like the machine stamped them all in the wrong places with different sizes.

Another time a sheet of overlays had the overlays overly stiff. It's hard to explain but its like the glue dried and made the overlays stiff and they wouldn't stick on properly any more.

When i ordered the bulbs they ALMOST got it right, but they forgot the visor bulbs. I was so tired of it that I didn't even bother and just hope nobody really needs to turn on the visor bulbs because the halogen contrasts the rest of the really nice xenon look.

If you can get the same things at JLevi, I would do it. Every experience I've had with them has been great.

Bimmian isn't the worst I've dealt with *cough* Riss *cough* but their service quality could be better.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Sounds like Bimmian hires mentally handicapped individuals and/or prison labor.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #16
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

I've sent emails at several different times, over several different months, asking questions about Biminian products, i've never gotten a reply....

after reading this thread, i'm glad they never replied to me.....

Sorry to hear about your woes.... hope it all gets sorted.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #17
1zie
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I've sent emails at several different times, over several different months, asking questions about Biminian products, i've never gotten a reply....

after reading this thread, i'm glad they never replied to me.....

Sorry to hear about your woes.... hope it all gets sorted.
I have ordered some small things as well. Carbon roundels, matte black badges, and custom alcantara boot cover. First two items arrive after a week, no problems.
The boot cover however is apparently made in Germany, and takes another week shipping time. So far so good. But I sent an email about a VMR fitment twice, with no response and have since ordered from elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #18
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zie View Post
I have ordered some small things as well. Carbon roundels, matte black badges, and custom alcantara boot cover. First two items arrive after a week, no problems.
The boot cover however is apparently made in Germany, and takes another week shipping time. So far so good. But I sent an email about a VMR fitment twice, with no response and have since ordered from elsewhere.
Feel free to shoot me a PM directly if you have any questions about our VMR Wheels fitments. Ill be more then glad to help.

-Charles@VMRWheels
      12-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
1zie
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Feel free to shoot me a PM directly if you have any questions about our VMR Wheels fitments. Ill be more then glad to help.

-Charles@VMRWheels
We have already PM'd Charles. Your friends at EAS I think are gonna sell me on a set of 18" Gunmetal.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #20
Prof T
COACH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135 conv, 2009 M3

Yes, Always good to give people a chance to make things right.
Appreciate 0