BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Today, 12:29 PM   #133
The0pportunist
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Leaders of all those small countries aren't as important as the President of the United States, Leader of the free world!
LOL - No ones gives a fuck about a president who divides his country rather then bringing it together. The man can't even condemn neo-nazis!

Also despite being one of the richest countries in the world it still cannot give it's people free basic healthcare. The fact that a citizen who has paid his taxes his whole life may be turned away at the hospital due to affordability is quite frankly embarrassing.

Regards,
Rest of the world.
Appreciate 1
cjb762160.00

Today, 12:37 PM   #134
laszlof
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Im sure most Americans on both sides will disagree with you when you say the President has very little effect on their day to day lives (just my guess). If you are in a job that has international ties then in some way you feel the effect of a president good or bad.
And your guess would be incorrect. The large majority of anything the president does has absolutely zero affect on our day to day lives, or at most, very minimal. You'll see the headlines.. something like "HUGE TAX INCREASE FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS!!". When in reality, its barely noticeable.. A few dollars off our paycheck. Big deal.

Also, how many people are "... in a job that has international ties." ?

I'm not even sure what that means? You mean business owners who do business internationally? Yeah, maybe they feel the changes more than others. But that is an extremely small portion of the US population. (Fractions of a percent).

The media in general inflates things and has a strong bias one way or another. And using Twitter as any kind of news is just plain dumb.

Those of us who live here, those of us who work in this country, those of us who just keep our mouth shut with all the shit-slinging and disrespect to our fellow Americans, quietly know that in the end, it doesn't matter. in 4 years (or 8 years) time, it will all flip and we'll start the cycle over. The next president will undo everything the previous president did. Its been this way for a long time and I do not see it changing anytime soon.

More people just need to shut the hell up, and stop treating "the other side" like an animal who must be put down, thats how we'll "Make America Great Again."

// End rant
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:39 PM   #135
laszlof
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post

Also despite being one of the richest countries in the world it still cannot give it's people free basic healthcare. The fact that a citizen who has paid his taxes his whole life may be turned away at the hospital due to affordability is quite frankly embarrassing.
This statement alone proves that the MSM propaganda is working. There is nothing in this statement that is true.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:41 PM   #136
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
LOL - No ones gives a fuck about a president who divides his country rather then bringing it together. The man can't even condemn neo-nazis!

Regards,
Rest of the world.
Without a job or even a home they have no ability to pay, but the doctor is required by law to see them. While a doctor has every right to deny treatment for various reasons, they can't refuse to treat a person with life-threatening or serious injuries even if they don't have health insurance or the ability to pay.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:44 PM   #137
laszlof
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Without a job or even a home they have no ability to pay, but the doctor is required by law to see them. While a doctor has every right to deny treatment for various reasons, they can't refuse to treat a person with life-threatening or serious injuries even if they don't have health insurance or the ability to pay.

100% correct, public hospitals cannot refuse treatment. But MSM doesnt want people to know that. They want you to think that without the ACA/Obamacare, people are dying in the streets due to lack of care.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM47429.00

Today, 12:44 PM   #138
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
The President when you get down to it has very little effect on the day to day lives of Americans. The decisions made by local politicians have a much bigger impact. So my question was why are there so many salty Canadians in here posting as Trump has next to no impact on their daily lives? I think the answer is the only real news many Canadians consume is CBC and CNN so you are all complete and total brain washing victims. I feel sorry for you. Maybe one day you will find the strength to come up with your own opinions instead of those spoon fed to you by the controlled corporate media.
Total nonsense. Trump gets attention because he is the supposedly "leader of the free world", thus is open to observation by the "free world". Canada has no where near the impact on global affairs that the US and Trump does.

BTW, we can get all the same "news" in Canada that you get in the US. Why we even get Fox news....
minn194014.00

Today, 12:45 PM   #139
Eriphill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i MPPSK M Perf Ed

Quote:
90% of the news I get about Trump comes directly from his twitter feed. Im sure most Americans on both sides will disagree with you when you say the President has very little effect on their day to day lives (just my guess). If you are in a job that has international ties then in some way you feel the effect of a president good or bad.

basically I disagree with everything you wrote.

Let me answer your question about why you see Canadians a different way: This is political forum on an international site. You still need more info about why its not just Americans here?

I don't care what you agree or disagree with especially when you admit to guessing (essentially coming from a position of ignorance). I'm asking why are so many of the Canadians on here so salty when they don't have a horse in the race? Trump's daily Twitter feed is fairly vanilla. If that alone offends you you have issues. But of course that isn't it. You don't exist in a vacuum. You have been influenced by and subscribe to the group think that Orange Man is Bad.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:48 PM   #140
The0pportunist
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13

Quote:
Fine, educate me.

If a poor man finds lump on his body, if he entitled to go in for a check up and get the treatment & medication he needs, without being financially ruined?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:49 PM   #141
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Well, I was a draft dodger too. For four years, I dodged the draft with my college deferment, so that I could get my degree and be an officer. After I was through dodging, I joined the US Air Force, became an officer, went to pilot training, went to F-4 training and the went to war flying F-4s in combat. After the war was over, I spent another 20 years in the Air Force, flying jets and desks, but I was a draft dodger to do it.
Wow Sak, by playing with semantics, you're hitting a new low.

The fact is, you obtained a legal student deferment while you attended college. Many students did it, including me. Nothing wrong with that. Right?

There were many legal and honorable ways to "dodge the draft" including enlisting in the military branch of your choice, such as you did. Me? I got drafted into the US Army 2 months after my student deferment expired. Next, I enlisted 2 days after arriving at the Reception Station at Ft. Bliss, TX.

Make no mistake about it: I had little desire to be in the military and even less desire to go to Vietnam. But, I stood up, faced the music, and did my job. During my 12 month tour with the 25th Infantry Division Artillery in Vietnam, our Commander recommended me for promotion to E-5; NCO rank (that's Non Commissioned Officer for those who are not familiar with military jargon). When the date arrived, I caught a ride on a UH-1 from our Fire Support Base back to our base camp in Cu Chi. There, I faced 4 career soldiers including our battery commander and a Command Sergeant Major. I passed with flying colors. Why? Because I studied hard plus had 9 months of actual experience in the field at the time. My monthly pay increased by a whopping 40 dollars.

I speak of the above because I refuse to be equated to a draft dodger like Trump. Sak has the right to lower himself in a lame defense of the demagogue he so respects, but he does not have the right to tarnish veterans who used the legal avenues to defer military service.

The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does.
Appreciate 2
minn194014.00
Sassicaia2404.50

Today, 01:05 PM   #142
XutvJet
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlof View Post
Also, how many people are "... in a job that has international ties." ?
I work in mergers and acquisitions due diligence and I'm heavily invested in the stock market. I see the confidential information memorandums. I see the financial numbers. I see the portfolio locations. It is undoubtedly a global economy now with a majority of US companies having varying stakes (many significant) in international regions. Long story short, many of the companies US people work for are international to some extent.

So when simple-minded people think that this country can build walls around itself, give a middle to everyone outside of its borders, and have a nationalist view, they are sorely mistaken and will see the negative financial results of their actions. Most people just don't know how "global" things are now. Trump of all people knows this, but he's too caught up in appealing to his base and running his presidency like a reality show and no regard for the country as a whole.

Today, 01:09 PM   #143
XutvJet
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
I don't care what you agree or disagree with especially when you admit to guessing (essentially coming from a position of ignorance). I'm asking why are so many of the Canadians on here so salty when they don't have a horse in the race? Trump's daily Twitter feed is fairly vanilla. If that alone offends you you have issues. But of course that isn't it. You don't exist in a vacuum. You have been influenced by and subscribe to the group think that Orange Man is Bad.
Jesus. The fact that they a Canadian has no bearing to this topic of discussion. They are more than welcome to voice their opinion here and be a part of the discussion. Move on.

Today, 01:13 PM   #144
laszlof
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I work in mergers and acquisitions due diligence and I'm heavily invested in the stock market. I see the confidential information memorandums. I see the financial numbers. I see the portfolio locations. It is undoubtedly a global economy now with a majority of US companies having varying stakes (many significant) in international regions. Long story short, many of the companies US people work for are international to some extent.
Again, there is an extremely small percentage who would be affected by this. "... many of the companies US people work for are international to some extent." This is false. Do you realize the amount of local/small business is in the country? "over 99 percent of employing organizations are small businesses and more than 95 percent of these businesses have fewer than 10 employees." Do these small business interact with the global economy? Some, perhaps. But the vast majority do not.

I respect that you have a different perspective than some. But the sheer fact that you work in mergers and acquisitions greatly leans your perspective towards companies that DO have a global impact.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:29 PM   #145
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlof View Post
Again, there is an extremely small percentage who would be affected by this. "... many of the companies US people work for are international to some extent." This is false. Do you realize the amount of local/small business is in the country? "over 99 percent of employing organizations are small businesses and more than 95 percent of these businesses have fewer than 10 employees." Do these small business interact with the global economy? Some, perhaps. But the vast majority do not.

I respect that you have a different perspective than some. But the sheer fact that you work in mergers and acquisitions greatly leans your perspective towards companies that DO have a global impact.
What about people that sell things have have steel in it as a major component? Like it or not almost every company has internal ties - even the "small" ones with 10-15 employees.

Its extremely narrow minded to not concern yourself internationally politically and economically. Even if you speculate in real-estate you need to understand whats happening outside your little world.

wow.
Appreciate 1
minn194014.00

Today, 01:40 PM   #146
laszlof
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
What about people that sell things have have steel in it as a major component? Like it or not almost every company has internal ties - even the "small" ones with 10-15 employees.

Its extremely narrow minded to not concern yourself internationally politically and economically. Even if you speculate in real-estate you need to understand whats happening outside your little world.

wow.
Manufacturing obviously has international ties. But that does not make up the majority of businesses. The majority of business in the US have less than 10 employees. Are you telling me that the bakery down the street does business internationally? Are you telling me that because they pay an extra $0.05 per pound on their imported flour, that they are greatly affected? I think not. This is the same with the VAST MAJORITY of small businesses. But I wasnt even talking about the businesses to begin with. I was talking about the employees. I was talking about PEOPLE.

Its not narrow minded at all. I never said "don't concern yourself with international politics and economics." You're putting words in my mouth that I never said.

I simply said that most of the presidents actions do not affect most PEOPLE on a day to day basis. Which is 100% true.

"Wow"
Appreciate 0