BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #23
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
In and done. OMG, OMG, OMG. I've only had a chance to do a shake down drive, but this is the single most transformative thing I've done to my car. Mad props to Dan at Diffsonline. Fantastic product, totally silent, IMHO perfect final drive ratio (3.64, still good to hit the 155MPH speed limiter in 6th given the opportunity) and the 35/60 ramps are totally smooth and predictable. Moderate lock on decel is sublime. Second photo shows clearance to the stock exhaust.
Great to hear - I am surprised to hear how much you "feel" the diff even in street driving? When you say the lock on decel is great, what is it you feel has improved? I'm just trying to get a handle on real world changes to the way the car drives at 128i power levels.....kind of a "don't know what I'm missing" type situation as I'm not really able to spin the inside wheel on the street (obviously I'm not driving like a maniac on the street).
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #24
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Great to hear - I am surprised to hear how much you "feel" the diff even in street driving? When you say the lock on decel is great, what is it you feel has improved? I'm just trying to get a handle on real world changes to the way the car drives at 128i power levels.....kind of a "don't know what I'm missing" type situation as I'm not really able to spin the inside wheel on the street (obviously I'm not driving like a maniac on the street).
I can feel the diff doing its thing just pulling on to the street from the driveway. Too often doing just that the traction control would kill power and apply the brakes. Scared me a few times pulling into traffic (or I could just wait for more space between the cars )

Decel is weird only because I've only had my too short shakedown run to feel it, and I was very surprised I noticed it as much as I did. Car felt supremely planted, not that it didn't feel planted before but even more so now.

I can't wait to get more quality seat time.
      08-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #25
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
My Hotchkis RSB finally arrived (ordered 2 June!), but now I won't have a weekend to install it until at least October! Heck, if it had just arrived a week ago..

Last edited by Suprgnat; 09-28-2023 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Fix photo link
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #26
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
Decel is weird only because I've only had my too short shakedown run to feel it, and I was very surprised I noticed it as much as I did. Car felt supremely planted, not that it didn't feel planted before but even more so now.
I've got very similar ramp angles to you (30/60) and I agree that decel feels surprisingly good. Rear end feels SO buttoned down. The diff & the RSFB's really make this thing feel like a real sports car, IMO. I think you will enjoy the rear bar, as well.