BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #23
davidl
Rep
Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325, 91 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
it is REALLY annoying that we don't get cloth as an option in the U.S. i ordered the cloth option on my R56 MCS.
I would like a cloth option as well BMWNA
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #24
imported_tdc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

+1 on cloth seat option!!

BMW offered it on the M3, why not the 1-series???
      07-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #25
Genericuser1
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch View Post
That^ looks like Lemon, which I believe is a special order interior color only. It's a very lovely interior color, the only thing that sucks is that you can only get a black exterior- the only color that works with Lemon interior.

Actually that interior for the NA market was only available on 06 models with a package/trim called Shinka (above the Grand Touring). Its a combination of sand (think light tan) leather bosters with a wheat or tan/gray Alcantara seat and back cushion. The Alcantara is perforated with a red/rust color in the holes (my guess is it was made to go along with the Shinka only Copper Red color for the RX8 in 06)

I really needed a 4 door car but wanted a coupe so this was the best compromise. My kids will be old enough to climb in themselves when I get my next car so two door will be it for me.

The room in back of an 8 is pretty good but with the center console rounning fron to back it feels smaller than an e46 coupe.

Anyone considering a Mini Clubman should find the passengerside suicide door to be pretty helpful even as small as it appears. I know the rear doors are great for me except in small parking spots when it turns into a PITA.

AudisportA4:
How in the world did it get totaled in a parking lot!?

Maybe we can get cloth as a BMW Individual option if we all yell enough.
Appreciate 0