BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #45
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Edwin, your car has proved to be a very impressive machine. Well done mate!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #46
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
I only did one run last night and its was 11.932 @115.65mph. Car feels stronger than ever considering my race weight (including driver) was 1735kgs!!! That’s a whole lot of metal to push down 400 metres. I didn’t race after that one run cause I was content but you can only get faster.
Congrats!! I keep forgeting that you have a convertible so very good indeed.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #47
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Nicely done, Edwin. Everyone's times seems pretty decent as well... good job!

Any COBB cars run last night?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #48
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
Where were you last night??
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #49
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Where were you last night??
Couldnt leave work until 6. Seemed like little point if I couldnt give it a go myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #50
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Nice work Edwin!

If you did that time, surely Justin was doing mid 11's?! :-p
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #51
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Great to see the club guys out there having fun! Edwin, Raj, Steve, Pauls, Big and Little Chris and Peter from Advan. Stu with his M5.

Great pass from Edwin, quickest pass of the night was Benny the Kid from memory.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #52
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Aaron - E36 Turbo
Holy shit .. was that Raima? I have not seen him in years!

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #53
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Great pass from Edwin, quickest pass of the night was Benny the Kid from memory.
So what was Benny's best that night ?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #54
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Holy shit .. was that Raima? I have not seen him in years!
Sure was! His car is pretty quick. 320rwkw should be good for 11s with a better 60ft time.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #55
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
So what was Benny's best that night ?
I ran an 11.6 something @ 127 from memory.

Quote:
Sure was! His car is pretty quick. 320rwkw should be good for 11s with a better 60ft time.
What did it run?

Stu's pass in the M5 was impressive. Good trap speed.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #56
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
under 12 with an open diff is, is, is, farking nuts......well done! lets see what you can muster around a coupla corners on the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l View Post
Awesome work, 2 JB cars in the 11's!

What 60ft time did you get?

Quote:
Edwin, your car has proved to be a very impressive machine. Well done mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Nicely done, Edwin. Everyone's times seems pretty decent as well... good job!

Any COBB cars run last night?
No COBB cars there last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Nice work Edwin!

If you did that time, surely Justin was doing mid 11's?! :-p
Thanks guys.

I saw a few of Justin's runs but I think they were in the 13's IIRC. I left early so not sure of what times it did after I left.
I would expect that car to be at least 0.5 seconds quicker than mine over 400 metres.

Quote:
Great to see the club guys out there having fun! Edwin, Raj, Steve, Pauls, Big and Little Chris and Peter from Advan. Stu with his M5.

Thanks Kenny. Yeh it was great to catch up with some of the guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I ran an 11.6 something @ 127 from memory.

What did it run?

Stu's pass in the M5 was impressive. Good trap speed.
Nice to have meet you Benny. That's a nice Porka you have mate. Great trap speeds. I think you need a longer stretch of road as your car seemed to just pull extremely hard up top.

Last edited by JB4-335; 04-04-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #57
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

I saw a few of Justin's runs but I think they were in the 13's IIRC. I left early so not sure of what times it did after I left.

Nice to have meet you Benny. That's a nice Porka you have mate. Great trap speeds. I think you need a longer stretch of road as your car seemed to just pull extremely hard up top.
Nice to meet you too mate Was a good night out.

That was little Chris from Advan driving Justin's car.

Mine's built how I wanted it, lots of low end power for daily drivability and the capacity to trap 125 at the strip. Here's a rearward shot of one of the passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF4c1...ature=youtu.be
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #58
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Here's a video of me and Raima at WSID back in 2004 when his car was supercharged.

Edit: Change wording.

Last edited by MrBlonde; 04-07-2012 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #59
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I would expect that car to be at least 0.5 seconds quicker than mine over 400 metres.
I didn't see Justin at all last night, I don't think he made it out mate. Little Chris was doing some testing passes in Justin's car I think.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #60
Raima
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 328ti Turbo

Quote:
Raima challenged me to a race at WSID back in 2004 when his car was supercharged. He really thought he had a chance!
I still can't beleive you're pulling that BS story, and here I thought you had actually matured and become a respectable forum member instead of disrespecting fellow enthusiasts.

What Kenny doesn't tell you is that:

1. Kenny Challenged me, I did not challenge him. Why would I? It's a no contest.
2. Kenny beleived that I beleived that a 4 cylinder non M force inducted setup could beat a force inducted M3 setup. Who in their right mind would beleive this?
3. Kenny actually ran the red light so technically he lost the race.

Now I'm perfectly fine at helping him save face, but when he pushes BS that affects my reputation that isn't true, I must speak out the truth.

I don't deny he had the faster car. Any reasonable person could see it and would agree. Kenny has done some great things for the BMW community, but when he pushes shit like this, it really makes me think twice what kind of a person he really is.

On a brighter tone, the 135s are awesome cars. Very impressed by the enthusiasm by the general members. Keep up the great work and represent BMW well

Last edited by Raima; 04-04-2012 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #61
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raima View Post
I still can't beleive you're pulling that BS story, and here I thought you had actually matured and become a respectable forum member instead of disrespecting fellow enthusiasts.

1. Kenny Challenged me, I did not challenge him. Why would I? It's a no contest.
2. Kenny beleived that I beleived that a 4 cylinder non M force inducted setup could beat a force inducted M3 setup. Who in their right mind would beleive this?

Now I'm perfectly fine at helping him save face, but when he pushes BS that affects my reputation that isn't true, I must speak out the truth.

I don't deny he had the faster car. Any reasonable person could see it and would agree. Kenny has done some great things for the BMW community, but when he pushes shit like this, it really makes me think twice what kind of a person he really is.

On a brighter tone, the 135s are awesome cars. Very impressed by the enthusiasm by the general members. Keep up the great work and represent BMW well

Busted kenny
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #62
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raima View Post

Oh Aaron there's nothing bullshit about what I said! Let's just say our recollections differ on a few points.

I didn't intend disrespect towards you, I just reported the facts from 2004 in two short sentences. I can see that race still presses your buttons!

It is a long time ago but my recollection is that you were talking smack about a race for a week or two beforehand. That doesn't fit well with some of your statements above where you now say you always knew it would not be an equal race.

Who knows? It's a long time ago and I think all my information came second hand anyway. I think you can relax about your internet reputation. To me this is all a bit tongue in cheek and certainly not serious.

What you should focus on, what nobody can argue about, is watching your car dwindle in my rearview on the video of our race. Watch how quickly it stops being a car shape and becomes a little dot. So small. So far away.

Look forward to renewing the conversation face to face at WSID next time where you'll see quite quickly that it's not serious to me, it's just a bit of fun.

I will PM you my mobile phone number and hope you call me. Seriously dude, there's no bad blood on my side, it's all teasing and drag racing competitiveness.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #63
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Busted kenny
Whatevs sideline urger.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #64
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Whatevs sideline urger.
Hey I dont care about drags, but i think i gotta come down next time for the

Just out of interest though did you run the red?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #65
Raima
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 328ti Turbo

Quote:
Oh Aaron there's nothing bullshit about what I said! Let's just say our recollections differ on a few points.

I didn't intend disrespect towards you, I just reported the facts from 2004 in two short sentences. I can see that race still presses your buttons!

What you should focus on, what nobody can argue about, is watching your car dwindle in my rearview on the video of our race. Watch how quickly it stops being a car shape and becomes a little dot. So small. So far away.
That sounds like someone who would piss on someones face and tell them it was raining. The thing is, it wasn't all facts. It was your recollection of what happend and in your mind it was true. I'm stating it wasn't fact.

Quote:
It is a long time ago but my recollection is that you were talking smack about a race for a week or two beforehand. That doesn't fit well with some of your statements above where you now say you always knew it would not be an equal race.

Who knows? It's a long time ago and I think all my information came second hand anyway.
This is where I think the situation was misjudged with the information was provided at the time. I honestly would not make the above statements that you accused me of. Getting 2nd hand situation would explain why you would think that I may have said something that absurd, but come on, you're an intelligent person. It should have raised flags!

I still stand by that I did not challenge you as I had no reason to, and by chance you just happened to dropped a cherry on the run.

Quote:
I think you can relax about your internet reputation. To me this is all a bit tongue in cheek and certainly not serious.
I can see how you may think that is the case when it's at another persons expense.

Quote:
Look forward to renewing the conversation face to face at WSID next time where you'll see quite quickly that it's not serious to me, it's just a bit of fun.

I will PM you my mobile phone number and hope you call me. Seriously dude, there's no bad blood on my side, it's all teasing and drag racing competitiveness.
You're going to have to excuse me if I'm not all that enthusiastic at our next meeting and I'm not keen on moving to straight to chummy friendship right now. I will take your gesture as a sign of good will to make amends.

Some may call for an appology, but I'll leave that to your good judgement.

Let's just call it a truce, and start fresh.

Last edited by Raima; 04-05-2012 at 01:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #66
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
I didn't see Justin at all last night, I don't think he made it out mate. Little Chris was doing some testing passes in Justin's car I think.
Hey guys,

Kenny is correct in that I did not make it out to the track on Wednesday night, as I had a prior engagement.

I am more than happy to let "young" Chris do the pedalling in my 1'er.

However when Kenny said Chris was "doing some testing passes" in my car, he was being polite to say the least...

To be honest it was a mistake on our part to run the car, with the OE clutch plate and the ACT Street pressure plate that is installed as a temporary measure, following the disaster we had with the HPF "Feramic" Stage 2 setup that was in my car.

The ACT pressure plate has been "dragging" the friction plate, which is manageable in daily driving but at the track additional heat generated in the clutch system, made it impossible to grab a gear cleanly all night and Chris suspects the OE clutch plate was slipping in 3rd and 4th gear too.

By the end of the night, Chris had to turn the engine off just to able to engage first gear...

FYI,

we have run several 122+ mph passes before with the best trap speed of 122.97 mph.

Whilst it is somewhat frustrating that the best ET we have managed to achieve so far, is "only" 11.949 seconds I'm very confident that will improve dramatically, once we have sorted our clutch issues.

Anyway the next time our 135i ventures out to WSID it will be rockin' a custom OS Giken twin-plate clutch setup.

This bad boy features twin 215 mm spring dampened friction plates and is conservatively rated for 650-700 horsepower at the engine.

Here are a few pics of the OS Giken "TR2CD" basket that will be installed, as soon as Ross has finished the machining of a suitable flywheel.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-07-2012 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0