BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
Streethawk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Log Image for Expert Review - Cobb stage 1 93oct, n54, stick

Hey guys, I am new to the platform but not new to tuning. Cobb claims I should have 35% more power and torque over stock, I dont however feel that car is pushing that, so here is a log.

2010 n54 stick shift, 3rd gear pull

1. Please share your comments for the strength of this stage 1 tune. Also what are the parameters for WGDC, time advance and timing correction?

2. Is kncok voltage the same as knock count? is it too high?

3. My foot was planted, but throttle shows capped at 80%? Since Cobb measures butterfly angle which is limited to 80-85%.

4. There is a lot of linearity between boost and maf, so I am inferring that all the air coming in is being converted into boost thus there are no sneaky boost leaks, however I am concerned about the slight flutter at peak boost, it is either measurement error or my DV leaking?

5. Is the timing on point for the boost levels? running 93oct.
I also logged timing correction but they all came back 0, im quite surprised that there was no correction or I logged the
wrong PID. But maybe the knock voltage is good, showing no knocking, so timing is not being fine tuned?

6. What have I logged, what are my waste gates doing? are they loose, is that rattle? is this commanded WGDC or measured waste gate angle? is there a sensor on the waste gates?

7. Do this tune look healthy in general tune healthy?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Last edited by Streethawk; 07-10-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0