BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #45
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

2 Things.

First if a female came up to me in a 135i and seamed interseted about the car because she was considering one, I would be pleased to give her a ride and talk facts, if she was just wanting a ride I would say no.

Second, as far as a mid life crisis goes, I have always loved sports cars and have owned a few. I have owned 3 great trucks in the past 10 years for going on camping trips, snowmobile trips, etc. But now that I don't do these things anymore, and have no need to own a big truck, I am now back into cars. I started with 4 door sports/luxury sedans and realized I really don't need 4 doors anymore. So after searching for a great coupe for the last 2 years the 135i is perfect for me. I am 46 and will never feel older than 21 when it comes to cars. And I drive the shit out of my cars. Hello redline. I think older men who drive sports cars like old men are a joke. In many years I have seen maybe 2 old guys really getting on a Vette. If you own a fast sports coupe, drive it like it should be driven.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:35 AM   #46
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleA View Post
Alright guys, first and foremost, I am a car enthusiast and make decisions based on what I think and nobody else. I care way more about how a car performs and makes me feel rather than how it looks. Personally, I love the looks of the one and would absolutely choose it over the 3 series and MANY other cars. That being said, if a VW beetle had the exact performance of the 135i, I would never be caught dead driving it. So, no matter what some of us think, looks do play a key role in choosing a vehicle. As much as I love cars, I love women just as much and it would definitely be a plus to have a car that uh.. "impresses" them. :wink: (Not that I need the extra help! )

On to the main point: I want to know what kind of attention this thing is getting from our beloved females!

**I'm sure I'll be flamed for this, but remember this has about .0001% effect on my decision to buy the 1er. And also, kbimmer135i or any other girls, feel free to chime in, I wouldn't want to exclude anybody. :thumbup:
If I were you, I would explain how you bought the smaller 135i to lower your impact on the environment. You didn't want a gas-guzzling suv (or even a larger 335i) that burn more gas. Most females seem to love a guy who isn't selfish and looks out for the environment. Hehe..
      04-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #47
Shocker
1 in the Stink
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
to be honest I don't really think girls care what car you drive...

ummm....:bs:
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #48
Year1of1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
no offense to the women in the thread but if the "girl" not woman likes you cause of the car then you bag it and leave it.
A real woman doesnt care much about the money you make, they like you for you and if you have a nice car its a bonus.
:headbang: Female factor = will this car get you laid w/o any commitment. All this talk about emotions and gold digging is irrelevant - there are plenty of women in this world, so have fun! If a girl wants to date you b/c of your car, date her, and her friends and anyone else that thinks that way....:iono:

:respekt:
2015 X1 - retired
2020 X5 M50i - On Order
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #49
SCA1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 coming soon...

This is a very odd thread. I think I'll head back to the performance tuning section before it gets even odder.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #50
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
ummm....:bs:
Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year1of1 View Post
:headbang: Female factor = will this car get you laid w/o any commitment. All this talk about emotions and gold digging is irrelevant - there are plenty of women in this world, so have fun! If a girl wants to date you b/c of your car, date her, and her friends and anyone else that thinks that way....:iono:

:respekt:

I agree completely with your comment . Everyone is taking this thread too seriously!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #51
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
I am 46 and will never feel older than 21 when it comes to cars. And I drive the shit out of my cars. Hello redline. I think older men who drive sports cars like old men are a joke. In many years I have seen maybe 2 old guys really getting on a Vette. If you own a fast sports coupe, drive it like it should be driven.
That's what I'm talking about! If you drive it like it should be driven then no one will ever think it's a midlife crisis mobile. :w00t:

Dan
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #52
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

A status-y european make like a BMW does score you a few "wow" points with the opposite sex compared to something more mainstream, like an Accord or similar. (At least in my experience.) A Bimmer is a well recognized piece of bling even by people who aren't into cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #53
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

I bought this car because I want to enjoy it's power and handling not to try and pick up girls. If it gets me laid it's just a perk!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #54
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
I bought this car because I want to enjoy it's power and handling not to try and pick up girls. If it gets me laid it's just a perk!
Well said. I, too, want to enjoy its power. Its power to attract young, nubile women. Maybe it'll prompt the wife to lose that 5 pounds I keep telling her about. :biggrin:
      04-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #55
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Driver View Post
Well said. I, too, want to enjoy its power. Its power to attract young, nubile women. Maybe it'll prompt the wife to lose that 5 pounds I keep telling her about. :biggrin:

04-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #56
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

This is how I look at it as well!

Quote:

Hahaha... If you can tell her that without getting slapped, I admire your relationship!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #57
peppebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

My car is an extension of my penis. Nah just kidding. My gf loves me for me and my sparkling personality! I hate shallow women. I only care about impressing myself. Mission accomplished. But hey if you wanna get laid and aren't looking to settle down just yet then just maybe having a BMW will help.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
2022 RE Continental GT 650
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #58
Redline
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Most ladies know nothing about cars.

There are 3 types that I know of.

1 type is where they see the car you're driving...and they are after your money

2nd type is they see the car you're driving and just am impress with the car and not the driver.

3rd type is they see the car you're driving and is just too intimidated , and probably thinks the driver is some cocky rich horny businessman.
Sport Package
Active Steering
Manual Transmission

:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #59
Italteen3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Good luck getting away with that.

Seriously if you need a car to get you laid, it's not the car thats the problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #60
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Honestly, girls liked my Cobra better than any other car I've ever had.

Second was my S60R. Everyone loved that car, incredibly comfortable, luxurious, solid, secure, with an amazing sound system, relatively impressive accleration, and easily the best interior out of any car I've owned, and better than almost any I've ever seen, really.

The Cobra was big, red, and manly. And as they say "..second gear was such a turn on." The vast majority of women have never experienced a car that can trap north of 125 before. The adrenaline rush is pretty extreme if you don't expect and have never experienced a full 1G of linear acceleration all the way up to 75. It's a bit like suddenly hitting the big downhill blast in a rollercoaster without having any idea that its coming, or that you're even in a rollercoaster. Adrenaline is a powerful drug :-D.

I find a quick run through second gear getting onto the highway gets a lot more positive attention than flashy looks or cachet. Women generally care about feelings and emotion. A quick blast of acceleration up to a reasonable speed will usually leave a lasting impression of excitement and adventure.

That said, I don't think anyone will complain if you have a nice car to drive them home in. However, flashing it around before hand is a good way to look insecure, and like a dickbag.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #61
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Good luck getting away with that.

Seriously if you need a car to get you laid, it's not the car thats the problem.
Some people still don't get the point of this thread. I guess all I can say is read the OP and maybe u'll understand.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #62
Italteen3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Some people still don't get the point of this thread. I guess all I can say is read the OP and maybe u'll understand.
My post was not directed towards you, or anyone in particular for that matter. Sorry if it came off that way. It was a generalization for those looking for a female factor as a major part of their decision. I understand that it was not a major point for you getting the car. Though Im sure there definitely are plenty of women who would be attracted to a guy in a 1er.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #63
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My post was not directed towards you, or anyone in particular for that matter. Sorry if it came off that way. It was a generalization for those looking for a female factor as a major part of their decision. I understand that it was not a major point for you getting the car. Though Im sure there definitely are plenty of women who would be attracted to a guy in a 1er.

I apologize for my previous post then, my fellow 1addict. Didn't mean to get all e90post on you! :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #64
GT3
Track addict
Rep
Drives:

If you do hook up with a girl who is with you just for your car then make sure you ride her damn hard and put that biatch away wet.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #65
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
If you do hook up with a girl who is with you just for your car then make sure you ride her damn hard and put that biatch away wet.
HAHAAA! .. I agree.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #66
Italteen3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I apologize for my previous post then, my fellow 1addict. Didn't mean to get all e90post on you! :thumbup:
Its all good! :w00t:

Though for any of you looking for some action and plan on only using a car go Lambo. "Doors go up. Panties go down."
Appreciate 0