BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
alewan888
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Comfort Access Coding

Good Afternoon,

I have had my 128 for a little over a year now. I have been doing a lot of research on getting the comfort access working and I have not been successful, hoping someone here can help me out.

I just received my bimmergeeks cable today and thought I would give it a shot to code the only key I have using tool32 following these steps here, https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1285135.

I am able to run step 1 to see that I do have the proper key type of 5 and the key number is 0 (assuming original key?, I bought this car used).

When I try and run step 2 they are all 0. Hard to believe that this was never setup from factory but maybe, so I continued.

If I try and run step 3 of enabling the key I get a Error_Data in the Job Status section.

So far I ran INPA to just see if the cable was working and I had it setup properly, I can see the two black dots and the cable is registered.

Not sure where to go from here. Comfort access has not worked in my time of owning the car. the one thing I can do but I am not sure if it is limited to CA is roll the windows down while holding the unlock key. Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Have you looked at your module? It's in trunk under the floor on the passenger side. The only reason I ask is that my comfort access stopped working, or was intermittent, and it turned out a tiny hole in the weld behind my tail light was allowing a small drip of water into the car that collected where the module was. It turned out my module sitting in an inch of water!

I end up buying a used one of eBay for $60 that works for E82/E90/E92, and I didn't have to program it, since it had already been programmed for another car.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
alewan888
Rep

Actually that was the first thing I tried last year, I bought a used one. The one I took out was absolutely fried. I was thinking maybe it was an easy fix. I did that before I put it away for winter and just got it back out so I am going to try and fix it this year. I have not looked at the fuses. I am going to do that but just looks like a pain to get down and in there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by alewan888 View Post
Actually that was the first thing I tried last year, I bought a used one. The one I took out was absolutely fried. I was thinking maybe it was an easy fix. I did that before I put it away for winter and just got it back out so I am going to try and fix it this year. I have not looked at the fuses. I am going to do that but just looks like a pain to get down and in there.
Gotcha. The only other little piece of info I may have is that, according to a post I read a while back, if your main car battery level gets a little low, comfort access is one of the first things to go. I doubt that's it, but just wanted to give you a head's up.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
alewan888
Rep

Okay well now I feel a little foolish. Should have checked the fuses sooner, turns out it was fuse 61 that was blown.

Everything is working, both door handles have worked multiple times and the car has started multiple times. I will keep checking over the next week to make sure it does not blow again. Hoping it is not the door handles causing it.

Also if fuse 61 was out that may have been the issue with getting a reading on the key. Not sure how that works but oh well.
Appreciate 2
duder13767.00
1and11856.50