BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-09-2014, 03:51 AM   #23
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Sounds about right for brake fluid change, mine is due in Sept, it is separate to the engine fluid and filter service.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:17 AM   #24
Les Grossman
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Ok cheers. It's just that everything else has a green tick next to it.

In any case I have booked the car in, and requested that Paul carries out the work, so I will speak with him when dropping the car off.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:39 AM   #25
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

It will only be a brake fluid change if that is what is indicated, your key will inform the dealerships if anything else is required.
My idrive is showing brake fluid change Sept, engine service next year.
Mine will be 3 years old come Dec and has 23,000 miles on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 05:04 AM   #26
Les Grossman
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Ok thanks for that. I foolishly never did get around to following up the transmission and diff fluid question, so I may ask Paul to do this anyway. At my own expense if necessary.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #27
RS375
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Mine's just had its 3rd birthday.

I too have the 5 year service pack and full running in service was done correctly.
The brake fluid change was done in March as indicated on the i-drive, but I got them to change the oil and filter at the same time just for peace of mind - I paid for this. The indicator suggested another 19k before the oil change and this wasn't reset as it can mess up the service intervals.
My intention is to change the oil at 5k or 12 months no matter what the computer says.

I got the MOT done myself as the 'free' one from BMW would have meant a 400 mile round trip; not really that free. It sailed through as expected.

I did get them to do a full end of warranty check before its birthday which revealed a faulty alarm siren. It still worked but the diagnostics revealed a fault code so it was changed under warranty.
The new siren needed to be coded to the car and I wasn't 100% sure the security update had been done so I requested this. Apparently you can't just update one part of the software so I ended up with a full software update.

Main BMW warranty has now run out but I have a month or so of the AUC warranty remaining (I'm the second owner) and was advised not to look at extending it until that runs out.

Mine's just coming up to 7k so I'll have a think about whether to extend the warranty nearer the time.

I've also had the connected drive renewal through but to be fair I'm not sure how useful this is really.

Do any UK owners find it really useful?
Appreciate 0