BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

1M prices increasing

Saw this one advertised in UK. £45,000 for an example with 18.000 miles. Virtually no secondhand stock on the UK market. Lots of people like me keeping it forever?

http://www.approved.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/...tance_ASC|list
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

If they know what they have, then yes I would think they would be reluctant to give up the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Its well worth it.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
Simon1M
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M White

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Saw this one advertised in UK. £45,000 for an example with 18.000 miles. Virtually no secondhand stock on the UK market. Lots of people like me keeping it forever?

http://www.approved.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/...tance_ASC|list
I always check the UK stock and I think BMW UK have two available at the moment, the one you mentioned and another for £42k

Makes me glad I bought mine a couple of months ago with 10k miles for £39.5k

I will never sell mine, they are stunning cars!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
doesn't the UK have way less in number of cars than the US market?

i think prices in the US market have been pretty stable. They did come down a bit from August 2013 through March 2014....but have been overall stuck in the same $55k-$65k bracket. I haven't seen any major drops.....

I have been watching 1M prices for 3 years now, on a weekly basis. Now that i have a 1M, i still check prices because it's a habit of mine! haha......i think i can stop checking prices now
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
Per capita they actually got far more, so it's not as rare a car over there.
      06-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
cc3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
Per capita they actually got far more, so it's not as rare a car over there.
We got. 450 in UK
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
RS375
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
We got. 450 in UK
We did, and there's even less of them over here now, probably nearer the 400 mark.

I too check the prices and the good cars don't tend to hang around too long...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2,Cayenne

FairPlay if the main stealers are managing to get retail on these cars.seems a fair old variation across private,trade and retail prices.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

They are finally coming down in the US albeit slowly. I think there will be another drop in 12 months when warranties expire in US and M2 is rolled out.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:41 AM   #11
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Don't think the M2 will ever spoil the 1M
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:50 AM   #12
cc3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
Don't think the M2 will ever spoil the 1M
Agree as the M2 my dealer tells me won't be a limited production run. Anything with potential classic status is on the up. Look at the prices for the M3CSL as an example, they are almost as much as a new M4/M3
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 03:31 AM   #13
Chris ABP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i F31

Actually starting to consider selling mine soon and the prices are looking very strong with most cars selling quickly....

There aren't many cars that you can own for two years and when planning to sell realise that its worth a few thousand more than you paid for it

Its one of those cars that as great as it is I have to sell to recoup the money for the next purchase. Just don't see myself owning it for the next 3/5/10 years.....

So if anyone is looking for a very high spec UK car in Alpine White with 14,000 miles on it maybe we should talk!

Still undecided, Chris
      06-26-2014, 03:51 AM   #14
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris ABP View Post
Actually starting to consider selling mine soon and the prices are looking very strong with most cars selling quickly....

There aren't many cars that you can own for two years and when planning to sell realise that its worth a few thousand more than you paid for it

Its one of those cars that as great as it is I have to sell to recoup the money for the next purchase. Just don't see myself owning it for the next 3/5/10 years.....

So if anyone is looking for a very high spec UK car in Alpine White with 14,000 miles on it maybe we should talk!

Still undecided, Chris
Haha,in the same boat myself,should I sell.end of the day,it's only money,but it's nice to retain outlay on a vehicle,especially after 2 years,thing is,what's next?ive got a few cars and wondering if I just stick the 1M aside for a wee project over time???thing is,there are lots of other nice cars to try,ideally,I'd love an M3 Gts,now that's a proper one to sit on,even then,I'd get itchy feet
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 03:59 AM   #15
Narek
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: AW 1M (MH1 S)

I wish I had enough money to buy all the 1M's for sale. Not to make a profit later, but just to sell back at the same price, just because I know everyone who sells it will be itching a year down to get it back, and they won't find one anymore...
Performance: Manhart Stage 4 Tune (+ CF Airbox, FMIC, Oil Cooler), Akra Titanium Full Exhaust + cat delete, Manhart Headers, cp-e CP, HKS BOV, Quaife Helical Diff, CDV Delete.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 04:41 AM   #16
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narek
I wish I had enough money to buy all the 1M's for sale. Not to make a profit later, but just to sell back at the same price, just because I know everyone who sells it will be itching a year down to get it back, and they won't find one anymore...
honestly I would consider buying a 2nd one if prices really come down enough.....on a different colour though.....maybe black!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #17
Narek
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: AW 1M (MH1 S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
Quote:
honestly I would consider buying a 2nd one if prices really come down enough.....on a different colour though.....maybe black!
Turns out the black ones are the rarest. They were produced the least! Id love to have a second one just completely stock.
Performance: Manhart Stage 4 Tune (+ CF Airbox, FMIC, Oil Cooler), Akra Titanium Full Exhaust + cat delete, Manhart Headers, cp-e CP, HKS BOV, Quaife Helical Diff, CDV Delete.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #18
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narek View Post
Turns out the black ones are the rarest. They were produced the least! Id love to have a second one just completely stock.
that makes sense...i think they are the least 'flashiest'....but honestly after driving a VO 1M as my DD for the past 2 weeks-----i realise why not everyone wants an Orange 1M! haha....i do....but can see the issues with having a bright car. too much attention at times....
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #19
The Big O
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 M Coupe

Quote:
Lol!! True that
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #20
RaceCarDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 LBB 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
They are finally coming down in the US albeit slowly. I think there will be another drop in 12 months when warranties expire in US and M2 is rolled out.
I agree. We are enthusiasts, and love the 1M, but the average buyer wants the latest and greatest even if they are not built in limited numbers like the 1M. Therefore the M2 and new M3/M4 will devalue the 1M.

As far as 1M collector status, only cars that are kept 100% stock, and not tracked will have collector value.

Most 1M's for sale are modified track rats. Not that there is anything wrong with that, there is just no collector value, its just a used M car that's been tracked.

One reason the E30 M3's are valuable is because you can't find a stock one with original paint, they have all been modified and damaged at the track.

I want a 1M because I've owned a E90 and E46 M3 and this car seems like a perfect fit for me. My M3's were also a stick and I deleted the sunroof.

I like my cars high strung with a little drama, but I'm not expecting the 1M to go up in value. I still can't wait to buy one.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #21
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
I agree. We are enthusiasts, and love the 1M, but the average buyer wants the latest and greatest even if they are not built in limited numbers like the 1M. Therefore the M2 and new M3/M4 will devalue the 1M.

As far as 1M collector status, only cars that are kept 100% stock, and not tracked will have collector value.

Most 1M's for sale are modified track rats. Not that there is anything wrong with that, there is just no collector value, its just a used M car that's been tracked.

One reason the E30 M3's are valuable is because you can't find a stock one with original paint, they have all been modified and damaged at the track.

I want a 1M because I've owned a E90 and E46 M3 and this car seems like a perfect fit for me. My M3's were also a stick and I deleted the sunroof.

I like my cars high strung with a little drama, but I'm not expecting the 1M to go up in value. I still can't wait to buy one.
you really think most have been modified? my thinking is that most of them don't get driven much and are parked in garages just sitting around....

i do agree with you about the value stuff though....i didn't buy the 1M to make any money or to care about how much it's worth...i bought it to drive it!! i drive mine every day and love that people are able to see it in traffic jams, parked around the city, at work....almost everyone who comments about it says "i've never actually seen one of these in person" and it's a great feeling to be showing people what the 1M is in real life!!!

i also agree with you that the majority of people want the 'latest and greatest'...however a small percentage are after something SPECIAL....and that's where the charm of the 1M kicks in for the select few which are after that.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #22
cc3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post

Mine is 3 years old and out of warranty but completely stock and only 3000 miles. My Dealer asked to buy the other day and says only going up in value at present just no secondhand stock in UK dealer network yet alone for such a low mileage car and they have a waiting list of people who want one. I will keep forever as such a special car.
Appreciate 0