08-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #23
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I checked a baby lambo's ego with one of those c63's last year while in Atlanta. What a car!

The 5.5L-TT will be a boosted beast. I cannot wait to drive one, moreover the new stability system is what will make their cars far more fun, and predictable to drive.
Different strokes but IMO stability systems and more predictable from an enthusiast point of view are pure joy killers. The fun in AMG and other cars is the raw experience. The new S4 is an exemple on how to tone down the fun. The old B5/B6/B7 S4 were less civil, loud etc while the new one as all kinds of electronic BS, quiet engine etc......Hopefully the new Mercedes tranny will be an upgrade...Yes the old 55 series engine could be crazy fast with some mods but I'm in the 63 series camp.

Since 2004 (year that I got my first car with ESP) I've religiously turn that button off everytime I get in the car. I do that in any car that I get into.

[u2b]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzg8ctyV8Lw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzg8ctyV8Lw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]

[u2b]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aN0S3KAGWQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aN0S3KAGWQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 08-08-2010 at 05:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #24
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Maintenance on an AMG car is retarded.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #25
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
Maintenance on an AMG car is retarded.
Indeed. My friend just did his E55 service. He called me freaking out....big change from his Pontiac

Quote:
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #26
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Nice Videos!!

I said it wrong. I alot of the time do the same as you, but the MB system has changed for 2011, to more like BMW's stability system.

If you turn it off all the way you are on your own, and that might be fine for the open road/track... However leaving the first level engaged, you still have a small safety-net if you are running around the streets, where trees, and curbs, and other cars get in the way. Similar to the BMW's in the sense it has two levels, and it adapts to the way you like to drive.

The MBc63 broke traction so easy, and clearly is in need of some sticky rubber w/out question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Different strokes but IMO...

Last edited by ORIGIN M.; 08-08-2010 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #27
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Hmmm, how do you not know what the service is going to cost prior to the service visit!? Because I hate those kind of surprises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Indeed. My friend just did his E55 service. He called me freaking out....big change from his Pontiac
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #28
RäDIOCLäSH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: jb 135i

My local BMW dealer had an C63 AMG Black Series($79,000,2008?) on their lot a few weeks ago.While I was drooling over all the carbon fiber that was stuffed into it,a guy pulled up in a golf cart with a kid(turns out it was the dealership owner and his grandson).I said to him,"He's treating you good today"(because he was gonna give his grandson a joy ride in that beast)The owner leaned out the window and said to me,"he's got a little boner"(cuz he was excited to get to ride in the Merc).I said," will you please get on it when you leave the lot?"....well the videos above speak to how it sounded.WHAT A FREAKIN' BEAST!

2010 Jet Black 135i Sport Package
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #29
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by RäDIOCLäSH View Post
My local BMW dealer had an C63 AMG Black Series($79,000,2008?) on their lot a few weeks ago.While I was drooling over all the carbon fiber that was stuffed into it,a guy pulled up in a golf cart with a kid(turns out it was the dealership owner and his grandson).I said to him,"He's treating you good today"(because he was gonna give his grandson a joy ride in that beast)The owner leaned out the window and said to me,"he's got a little boner"(cuz he was excited to get to ride in the Merc).I said," will you please get on it when you leave the lot?"....well the videos above speak to how it sounded.WHAT A FREAKIN' BEAST!
When my mom got her E class, the salesman pointed over to the C63 AMG that they had a special on. He told me, "There was a guy looking at that and he would have bought it, but he can't fit in the seats, he's too big. He wanted to know if it came with other seats. I told him 'no'."

My reply, "Well, you should have told him to buy the car and use it as excuse to loose weight. Call it a 'expensive motivator'!"
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #30
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

The C63's seats are ridiculously narrow, and I doubt many people will find them much for comfort.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 02:07 AM   #31
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
The C63's seats are ridiculously narrow, and I doubt many people will find them much for comfort.
I could make a joke....but I'll refrain from it....well let's say that the car was designed in europe.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I was going to make a new thread... but I thought I might as well post these photos from the latest AutoBild Mag here... Enjoy!

This new 1-er is the GT four door version. AutoBild says this cross over car will be FWD. The MB is their CLC shooting brake concept. And the Audi is the new A3 sport back.

www.autobild.de

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #33
fwmcb
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i X-drive

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
c coupe will be too big for my liking. I didn't ever think i could like a car the size of the 1er, but I do.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #34
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoturboz View Post
theres no e class coupe, so id be surprised if there was a c coupe.

that being said. its the same debate as an e90 m3 or a c63
there is an e coupe where have you been
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #35
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

That A3 looks pretty cool.

I LOVE that 1 GT sedan. But, FWD!?
I'd take an AWD version though. That would be a cool A3 quattro rival.
NO WAY to just FWD. If BMW brings a 1 sedan like the one in the pic with RWD or AWD, I may have found my next car.
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #36
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
there is an e coupe where have you been
he meant there is no AMG e-coupe