BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-18-2020, 04:52 AM   #1
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320d

auto rev match

hi was just wondering if anybody knows how the auto rev match works on an m2? i know how to rev match but was just thinking because of the house quarantine if somebody can tune or someone can do this like for normal driving auto rev match will work, when in sport mode or/and in mdm mode auto rev match feature will turn off.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 06:39 AM   #2
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Hello , this is the 1M Coupe section ...
Appreciate 1
nachob2307.00
      03-18-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
Hello , this is the 1M Coupe section ...
Yup. Any tuners who can do an auto rev match in our 1m
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 10:57 PM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Part of the charm of the 1M was that it didn't have electronic rev match. I don't think you can do it in a manual. There has to be something that detects what gear you are entering into and calculate that. It would take quite retrofit to kill the special character of the 1M compared to all the other electrogizmo cars. With that said, there were some people that wanted an automatic in the 1M and electro dampers so who knows.
Appreciate 1
champignon1562.00
      03-18-2020, 11:13 PM   #5
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Part of the charm of the 1M was that it didn't have electronic rev match. I don't think you can do it in a manual. There has to be something that detects what gear you are entering into and calculate that. It would take quite retrofit to kill the special character of the 1M compared to all the other electrogizmo cars. With that said, there were some people that wanted an automatic in the 1M and electro dampers so who knows.
Well me personally if there was a dct for this 1m im all for it. Just really want to daily drive the car haha. Why dct traffic is about 1-2 hours bumper to bumper with less than 10kms one way hehe
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 06:34 AM   #6
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

The E82 1er is one of the last analogue modern cars. There is no transmission tuning possible for the 6MT on any model I'm aware of.

My commute is about an hour +/- 30mins depending on time for 8 miles. 6MT is easier than dealing with the jerking second guessing of a DCT in heavy traffic. If you can't stomach the clutch declutch operation for hours every day, you may be able to retrofit the zf8 with a competent Fab shop and a syvecs tuner.
nachob2307.00
JP-1M171.00
      03-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #7
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
The E82 1er is one of the last analogue modern cars. There is no transmission tuning possible for the 6MT on any model I'm aware of.

My commute is about an hour +/- 30mins depending on time for 8 miles. 6MT is easier than dealing with the jerking second guessing of a DCT in heavy traffic. If you can't stomach the clutch declutch operation for hours every day, you may be able to retrofit the zf8 with a competent Fab shop and a syvecs tuner.
Yeah i just really love how it looks like hence i want it to be my daily driver. Still searching for someone to do it so i know what parts i need to import hehe.
Appreciate 1
ShocknAwe3200.00
      03-19-2020, 09:18 PM   #8
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy View Post
Quote:
Well me personally if there was a dct for this 1m im all for it. Just really want to daily drive the car haha. Why dct traffic is about 1-2 hours bumper to bumper with less than 10kms one way hehe
Never understood why a manual is tough to daily drive. DD my 1m 90k miles. What else does my left foot have to do? And clutch is pretty good, still on my first.
Appreciate 5
10"4946.00
scoopy60.00
duder13767.00
JP-1M171.00
      03-19-2020, 10:39 PM   #9
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
the 1M is not for you.

the end.
JP-1M171.00
1&done246.50
Tuxedo1398.50
      03-19-2020, 11:21 PM   #10
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Never understood why a manual is tough to daily drive. DD my 1m 90k miles. What else does my left foot have to do? And clutch is pretty good, still on my first.
Yeah traffic is just bad i guess. Like driving for a meeting it will take you 3-4 hours total (20miles) for a 30 minute meeting. Average speed i guess 7mph hehe super bad
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 11:23 PM   #11
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Quote:
the 1M is not for you.

the end.
Yeah not for a daily car because of the traffic. I use my other cars but 1m still my favorite to drive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #12
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah i just really love how it looks like hence i want it to be my daily driver. Still searching for someone to do it so i know what parts i need to import hehe.
How about a think outside the box solution for your query?

You have said you like your 1M for the looks, but would take a DCT if there was such an option.

As others have said retrofitting rev match (or a DCT) to a 1M is impossible (or super custom mod and ultra expensive).

I reckon it would be WAY cheaper to buy a 135 and add 1M body panels, bumpers, etc. Then you would have your desired look with your desired DCT convenience.

Your first reaction might be "that's not what I'm looking for" but if you logically distill it down to a set of requirements I think this is it. Bonus is you could then turn around and sell your 1M to someone else and have enough money left over to add another random car to your stable. Win win.
      03-25-2020, 07:32 AM   #13
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Bumper to bumper trfc sux in any car, some P car guys add these. https://www.auto-blip.com btw, if you ever think it's the slightest bit work to drive a manual BMW, drive 997GT3 then back into a manual bimmer...it will feel soft and the thought of a DCT will simply vanish from you mind haha
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #14
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Bumper to bumper trfc sux in any car, some P car guys add these. https://www.auto-blip.com btw, if you ever think it's the slightest bit work to drive a manual BMW, drive 997GT3 then back into a manual bimmer...it will feel soft and the thought of a DCT will simply vanish from you mind haha
Hmm, auto-blip interesting. Do you have any firsthand experience with the product?
      03-26-2020, 12:27 PM   #15
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

When I get into my 1M, one of the things I instantly notice AND LOVE is that there is no rev match.

I realize this is personal preference, but it also might be why I keep this car
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #16
frenzy757
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MB M2cs, 2022 X5e, 2008 T4R

Probably better to just get a beater car then instead of doing this to a 1m. Or get an m2.

Somethings just aren't worth doing. I'd love a GT3 motor in the 1m......

Past: a91 ref blue Zupra, 86 Starion, 350z, Supra TT Auto, Supra TT 6 spd, IM/IM E46 M3, BMW 1m Coupe x2, S2000, 987.2 CS, ND2 MX5, LSB e46 M3 x2, 993 911
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #17
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Quote:
Quote:

How about a think outside the box solution for your query?

You have said you like your 1M for the looks, but would take a DCT if there was such an option.

As others have said retrofitting rev match (or a DCT) to a 1M is impossible (or super custom mod and ultra expensive).

I reckon it would be WAY cheaper to buy a 135 and add 1M body panels, bumpers, etc. Then you would have your desired look with your desired DCT convenience.

Your first reaction might be "that's not what I'm looking for" but if you logically distill it down to a set of requirements I think this is it. Bonus is you could then turn around and sell your 1M to someone else and have enough money left over to add another random car to your stable. Win win.
I was just looking if theres an option like that. Because you can for example code it if u want to remove it or not. I was just comparing it to my e46 m3 smg (my daily) it is a single clutch but has an autoblip when u downshift. So i was thinking for a 2001 technology maybe (just maybe) it can be done to a newer car. I also though that in m2 it has that feature that if you turn off the traction control completly off and in sport mode (i think) auto rev match will turn off. So i thought that maybe it can be coded like that.

Because of the lockdown i saw a lot in youtube the 1m clone with s65 engine and dct tranny.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 11:16 PM   #18
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks will look into it. Oh gt3 is purely for track or driving in a canyon. Hard to do it as a daily car hehe as i have 2 kids also. 1m is perfect for now and at the same time hoping that this car is like an investment as i already told my son that thats gonna be his car same year and age as him hehe 2012.
Appreciate 0