BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-07-2022, 09:40 PM   #1
fastgoat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m550i xdrive

N55 Turbo Oil Return Line

It seems my turbo oil return line has developed a leak. Has anyone replaced this? Curious if I should undertake this on jack-stands as seems accessible or get a shop quote on the work.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 07:06 PM   #2
fastgoat
Private First Class
Rep

I just replaced the turbo oil drain/return line. I was able to get the upper screw to the line in (turbo side), but the bottom one (oil pan side) is proving to be near impossible due to the space. This screw holds the bracket in place, but given the head size, gasket and being the oil pan side I wouldn’t expect this line to come off. Curious what impact if this isn’t put in or any feedback?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 10:00 AM   #3
fastgoat
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgoat View Post
I just replaced the turbo oil drain/return line. I was able to get the upper screw to the line in (turbo side), but the bottom one (oil pan side) is proving to be near impossible due to the space. This screw holds the bracket in place, but given the head size, gasket and being the oil pan side I wouldn’t expect this line to come off. Curious what impact if this isn’t put in or any feedback?
Turns out the part I ordered doesn't align with the bolt area (Rein part). I plan to pickup an OEM from BMW today and re-attempt this job. In the meantime, any issues with running the car with the missing bolt?
Appreciate 0