BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
apboogiedown
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

BMW is testing my patience. Im kind of getting mad. What should I do?

Hi all the 1ers!
I have been waiting for my order of 135i since 12/10/11.
The estimated schedule was, as all of you know, 7~8weeks.
Yes, I know there had been a factorty break of sth in Germany in the end of
December and; therefore, the production delayed for 3 weeks.

+ my CA is keep saying that; its coming in 3 days, sorry its coming in 3~5 days, actually just lilbit more in 2 days, no its coming by this weekend, and finally I just got the message saying its coming by next tuesday.....and Im keep taking out my work schedules everytime I got the message inorder to make a time to go to dealership which is about 1hr drive far away from my location.

I do not care and understand about the production got delayed, but I m kinda feel not really good everytime I got the contact from my CA on the days when the car was expected to be delivered..

I know that i have to be more patient, but kind of disapointed on bmw too because I thought a BMW is different than other car companys in both the cars and customer services..

hoooooooo... Is there anything that I can ask for my CA?
what will you guys do if you are on my situation?
Im like taking buses.. and since im barrowing both of my sister and moms car, all my family members are having inconvenience in many ways too..

Ps. please excuse me being poor in English.
but I believe that waiting is also one part of enjoying the car too!!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

The wait is always the hardest part of 1er ownership. But the car will be here soon - and you will have the car of your dreams! Optioned the way YOU want your car. Not off teh dealer's lot with options you don't want/need. Hang in there buddy.

Why not ask for a free "loaner car"? Surely IF your car is coming in a few days your dealer could not refuse such a reasonable request. I bet your car magically shows up.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
apboogiedown
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The wait is always the hardest part of 1er ownership. But the car will be here soon - and you will have the car of your dreams! Optioned the way YOU want your car. Not off teh dealer's lot with options you don't want/need. Hang in there buddy.

Why not ask for a free "loaner car"? Surely IF your car is coming in a few days your dealer could not refuse such a reasonable request. I bet your car magically shows up.

Dackel
Thats right!.
I should be more patient.
But as the date is coming up, its even getting harder to wait .
Believe its good experience to have, most exciting moment to joy!!
YES~ few more days...
but i dont think they are going to give me any loaner car since I have not done anything with the acutal "contract" for the car except just making an order.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

In Germany the dealers will give you a free laoner for up to 90 days - once you sign the contract to order a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
apboogiedown
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
In Germany the dealers will give you a free laoner for up to 90 days - once you sign the contract to order a car.
Oh my gosh! what a real BMW in its hometown

let me call my CA!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
CommaD
iDrive therefore iAm
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xDrive28i Alpine White

I read several reliable news articles in December that BMW actually did not take the traditional long holiday break this past year because of high demand.
I ordered my 1er on Dec. 24 and received it Feb. 16.

My guess would be that there was some other delay. Have you been tracking your order online at all to see possibly when or where the delay took place?

Regardless, it's worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

I'm sure your client advisor wants the car to arrive as soon as possible as well. The dealer is not going to provide you with transportation for free however.

I ordered my 135i July 4th and had to wait until October 15th for delivery, such is the downfall to ordering a car.

PM me the dealer you ordered the car from and your production number, I'll see if I can get an update for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

March on down to your dealer and ask him/her to see the latest printout on your car. This will tell you where your car is. I ordered my 2011 135 in March and took delivery 27 of May. Cars take almost a month to be shipped from Bremerhaven to California.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Waiting for your car to arrive can certainly try your patience, but there's something special about custom ordering a brand-new BMW to your exact specifications. It's worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #10
BadM4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IND TANZANITE COMP M4

whats your arrival date? do u have tracking or shipping info you can follow it every step of the way thru the plant and on the transport ship as well
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
apboogiedown
Private
Rep

My CA just told me yesterday it will be here by wednesday for sure. I will just wait until then. Busy because of school and work, also it is good as well because I already saved few hundred dollars of payment by not getting the car. Thanks for all the opinions! I want to drive this monster asap!!! I forgot how it felt like on testdriving since its been so long time (((!!! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by apboogiedown View Post
My CA just told me yesterday it will be here by wednesday for sure. I will just wait until then. Busy because of school and work, also it is good as well because I already saved few hundred dollars of payment by not getting the car. Thanks for all the opinions! I want to drive this monster asap!!! I forgot how it felt like on testdriving since its been so long time (((!!! Thanks!
Then your in for a nice [re]surprise.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
apboogiedown
Private
Rep

omg...i just called my ca.
he is saying tommorow or day after tommorow..
he started again..
really hate this.. waiting sucks!
then there is no different waiting between 2011 and 2012model..
if i made an order for 2012 on march1, it would been delivered only few weeks later than the one I made on early Dec.2010...
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #14
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

hang in there bud.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
Aries932
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by apboogiedown View Post
omg...i just called my ca.
he is saying tommorow or day after tommorow..
he started again..
really hate this.. waiting sucks!
then there is no different waiting between 2011 and 2012model..
if i made an order for 2012 on march1, it would been delivered only few weeks later than the one I made on early Dec.2010...
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You should give him a time frame....tell him if he does not give you an exact date then you are walking away from the deal. If he knows about you needing to borrow others cars simply say "i would rather deal with borrowing cars from my family than put up with a dealership who is not able to give me a simple date for my cars delivery."

You always have to be willing to walk away from the deal. Also let him know that if he decides to not give you an exact date that you will also report his dealership to BMWNA, as well as the BBB. Also make sure to let him know that you want that exact date in writting. This isnt rocket science...they can find out exactly when your car is going to be arriving.

Your situation is beyond ridiculous and at some point you just have to start playing hardball.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

It takes a little longer to cross the canal and get to Oxnard on the west coast compared to the east coast.

I think I custom ordered mine around mid-December, it was built around mid-January and it arrived around mid-March, or about three months from order to door.

Also, at least when I got mine, there was no good way to track shipping bound for the west coast. Not sure the CA had a feel for the timing until it actually was at the port.

So hang in there...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #17
TSiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 135i

Waiting for my car after order was one of the worst experiences ever. Getting my car was one of the best. Definitely worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #18
M135
Professional Rookie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
That sucks OP, I ordered around the same time and have had mine for a few weeks. The CA should really have a good handle on your car location, mine knew the exact time it came into port and then time it boarded the truck to the dealership...
      03-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

I'm not sure who is to blame, but it focuses on the perils of ordering in an around Xmas. Expect delays.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #20
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

The 1 series production was sporadic as of late, and your car was probably on one of the three boats that just hit the VPC. I'm sure it will arrive in a couple of days, you're almost there.
Appreciate 0