BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #1
BFD
I'm kind of a big deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Signal noise from Auxiliary port

Hey guys,

I made a discovery recently that I wanted to share with you all. So I've had my 2011 128i for a few years now and it has always made a weird noise which I guessed was coming from the main console with the radio/cd player. It has been driving me nuts ever since I got the car and I have never found out what exactly is making the noise. I would describe the noise as signal interference somewhere causing the buzz/beeping in the console. Recently my auxiliary cord broke off the tip in the port so I removed the whole USB/Aux port connector from under the arm rest. Guess what disappeared.. THERE IS NO MORE WEIRD SIGNAL NOISE COMING FORM THE CONSOLE. Somehow I think that connector port for the USB/Aux was interfering with the car.. Maybe it's not grounded right maybe it's something else. I am going to purchase a new connector port, install it, and update this thread if the noise comes back after installation. But for now I appreciate driving without the annoying buzzing from the console!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
DaelementZ
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i - Auto

I know this is old. But i just acquired a 2011 128i and this same noise is driving me crazy. Did it fix it?
Appreciate 0