BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-04-2019, 11:06 PM   #67
Divbetic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
I'll be that guy and say it.

There's not going to be enough interest to cover the cost of the paperwork necessary to get them to start discussing the possibility of production, much less cover the cost of retooling a factory and actual production.

And whereas one might find NOS of genuine BMW mudflaps or the dashboard for the E30, they are no longer in production.
Sad but probably true, I was able to source some factory e81/e87 flaps a few months back and just got around to trimming them up and installing this weekend. They look great but I'm still on the search for a factory set.

03-12-2021, 10:52 AM   #68
jdt10768
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i MSport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman123 View Post
This is typical for my experience with Chinaland.

Looks like they're back on eBay in full force There's a lot more listings for them now too, but here's exactly what I got.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Sport-S...laANVi&vxp=mtr

What I had to do to really make them fit flush was trim 'inside the valley' in the green area. The flap isn't as wide as our rear bumpers/quarter panels are thick, so it stretched it a little. Until you trim it jusssstt a wee bit.

Oh and the red part needs to go. The part that actually screws into the fender liner in the wheel well, it protrudes too much and so it made the top part of the mud flap stick out from the bumper/quarter like 2mm. This DOES chop off some screw holes, but I just made a real small hole in the flap, then pushed a zip tie through it and zip tied it to a body screw.

Gap doesn't look big in the pic but it is. With the trimming it'll fit perfect.

Fit the flaps without trimming them, you'll see exactly what I mean.
Do you have an image of the area(s) you trimmed to fit? Looks like it's referenced, but I don't see it. I am about to install the eBay rears, and yes there is a gap at the top of the flap that needs to go away.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #69
jdt10768
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i MSport 6MT

Name:  TrimmedRearPassFlap.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  839.3 KB

Name:  rearPassFlap.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  480.1 KB

Name:  rearPassFlap2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  349.2 KB

I got around to installing the rear eBay mudflaps yesterday, and had some luck with the pass side - but the driver's side didn't fit as well. Will have to revisit that one. Fronts fit fine, but rears are frustrating, as if they were molded for a different car
Appreciate 2