11-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Jay-K, I understand it is a bummer but you may better send the car to that distant (but competent) dealer which you were talking about. I think it needs a serious diagnosis and cure. And when it is done and back maybe refrain from any more serious (engine related) mods as long as you don't have workshops around to fix occasional issues.
Yes, i am still considering that for the last exit, thanks for helping sir,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdrivingjr View Post
I've had this same issue with the shift knob going crazy and mid rpm car going nuts.. My spark plugs were toast and I knew it but did have the time to switch plugs until this happened.. No problems since.. But the car was going nuts hard to believe something in ignition could cause this but I've been told... As soon as I built boost it just rejected it.. Boom like I'm driving over 2ft lincon logs at 50mph.. 1 series.. As reliable as you expect
hahaha, did your car shake when it is in "stand still position as well?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1235 View Post
Hello Jay K.

I am very familiar with the BMW N model and S model engines. Your most probable cuause and I'm 99.9% sure that it is a clogged injector. They should change those under warranty. Ive had that two times. They tried coil packs and spark plugs and that violent shaking happens when it is an injector.
Hi, thankyou, yes, clogged injector which is that part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnydashore View Post
When 3 cylinders misfire its not a coilpack or injector. Look at what is common for those three cylinders. I don't know as I have an m3 with a v8 but something must be in common with those 3. Do those three use a separate oxygen sensor from the other 3 cylinders? ie. are their 2 oxygen sensors for the 6 cylinders? Or is there something upfield before the cylinders like a throttle actuator that is controlling half of the cylinders? I am betting not but anything upstream that would effect those 3 cylinders My bet is on the 0xygen sensors which would explain it happening after the downpipe install. Get new sensors and put stock pipes on and it will go away
i'm getting your point here, so you think the oxygen sensor is the one that creates the problem? so i cannot use my catless downpipe, will a tune fix this problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_1m View Post
Have you had the knock sensors replaced under warranty? Common issue with n54T, They are split sensors, one monitors cylinder 1,2,3 and the other monitors 4,5,6. This will cause misfire, boost pressure and super knock faults. Although this normally causes the car to go into limp mode. But every 1m is slightly different. Ive replaced multiple knock sensors (4) on the n54T 1Ms. And Ive personally fitted an akra with downpipes and shouldn't be unrelated, if installation is correct and tune is right that is. Recommend evolve 3 tune by the way. Also check injectors!
nice, i'm starting to get sense of all of these, so guys, do you think it is possible for me to get a new tune and fix this?

WILL NEW TUNE FIX THIS?, just now i went to the workshop to start the car and nothing happen, when for a hard drive about 7 kilo and had a blast with the akra... so i guess nothing happen and the car adjust with it. but infact i turn off and restart the car, bang.. there it goes the shake.. a friend of mine said its the tune..