BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-02-2022, 06:41 AM   #1
oneBIGtoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Any e88 owners running an aftermarket CP? Which one and any fitment issues?

I was checking RealOEM and it appears the OE was changed for post 3/2011 production models. No idea what that change is but I also noticed this same thing on ECS tuning and Turner.
      08-12-2022, 07:46 AM   #2
oneBIGtoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Part # changed

I am a bit stuck on options or at least what path I should take here.

I purchased an ER chargepipe but it does not align properly with the lower intake pipe, and way too much to force fit. Even tried a second one to ensure no defect in pipe. They have been very supportive in trying to resolve. But now I need to get the car back on the road and summer is almost over here

In the meantime, in checking multiple sites including BMW. There is a different part# for 135i N55 (e82 & e88) post Mar 2011 production models. Mine is an Apr 2012 production model.

Anyone have any knowledege or experience with this change in part#?

I really don't want to put an OE plastic pipe back on, but I also don't want to keep trying different pipes and waste time. I read somewhere - I think ECS site, that BMW upgraded the CP weak point for these specific OE parts. I called BMW parts, but they didn't know for sure.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
      09-03-2022, 11:43 PM   #3
Mosset
United_States
Rep
Drives: BWN F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGtoe View Post
I am a bit stuck on options or at least what path I should take here.

I purchased an ER chargepipe but it does not align properly with the lower intake pipe, and way too much to force fit. Even tried a second one to ensure no defect in pipe. They have been very supportive in trying to resolve. But now I need to get the car back on the road and summer is almost over here

In the meantime, in checking multiple sites including BMW. There is a different part# for 135i N55 (e82 & e88) post Mar 2011 production models. Mine is an Apr 2012 production model.

Anyone have any knowledege or experience with this change in part#?

I really don't want to put an OE plastic pipe back on, but I also don't want to keep trying different pipes and waste time. I read somewhere - I think ECS site, that BMW upgraded the CP weak point for these specific OE parts. I called BMW parts, but they didn't know for sure.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Have you been able to get it done yet??
Appreciate 0