BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #1
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Extended Injector Warranty: Remove Aftermarket Charge Pipe?

My OEM charge pipe failed ~4 years ago, so I replaced it with the ER aftermarket CP.

Now, I need the injectors replaced as I had some rough idling & misfires and it turned out plug #3 was fouled with fuel.

Question: should I temporarily throw in an OEM CP to avoid BMW trying to worm out of covering the injector update/replacement, or is that over the top?

Last edited by cracka; 11-23-2020 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
My injectors were replaced with full knowledge that my car was tuned and modified. My SA knew I waited until after 4years/48k passed before doing any of that. He said they don't care about the mods with regard to extended coverage of known faulty parts. I can't say for sure if that is my dealer's policy, or BMWNA policy in general, but they clearly know that the early injectors failed.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
cracka26.00
ayao627.50
      12-07-2020, 01:38 PM   #3
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
My OEM charge pipe failed ~4 years ago, so I replaced it with the ER aftermarket CP.

Now, I need the injectors replaced as I had some rough idling & misfires and it turned out plug #3 was fouled with fuel.

Question: should I temporarily throw in an OEM CP to avoid BMW trying to worm out of covering the injector update/replacement, or is that over the top?
If you have a good relationship with your SA, you might call and talk to them beforehand. I took my 1M to a high-volume dealership that previously serviced my F80 and the experience was awful

I was happy to pay for a full set of index 12s and replace them myself. It's not that hard to code them; everything you need is online. Engine is back to the singer sewing machine perfection I know and love (also did HPFP and valve cover, while I was in there ).
Appreciate 0