BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #155
Absorber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
you are wrong, there's a few of them on here
Do you have links???

The only threads I found where mine (which turned out to be a bad fuel injector) and Chesterfan1230's thread about rough idle after filling up with gas (which was probably because he was fueling with the car running).
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #156
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absorber View Post
Do you have links???

The only threads I found where mine (which turned out to be a bad fuel injector) and Chesterfan1230's thread about rough idle after filling up with gas (which was probably because he was fueling with the car running).

There was one where a guy was having issues during European delivery, but I'm not sure how it turned out.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #157
BlackFlash
poseur (for now)
Canada
Rep
Drives: a piece-o-crap

I'm grasping for optimism at this point. Maybe I'll just stop reading this thread and maintain the naive view that the problem has been resolved
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #158
aleal86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i

6 days later and my car is still i the dealer... i just spoke to the service advisor a couple of hours ago and he said they ended up reprogramming the car and wantd to wait for a cold start this morning.... they did and it had a long crank... i told them its the fuel pump but they didnt want to hear it they said they were going to look into it and get the problem resolved...... lets see what they say tomorow.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #159
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleal86 View Post
6 days later and my car is still i the dealer... i just spoke to the service advisor a couple of hours ago and he said they ended up reprogramming the car and wantd to wait for a cold start this morning.... they did and it had a long crank... i told them its the fuel pump but they didnt want to hear it they said they were going to look into it and get the problem resolved...... lets see what they say tomorow.
That's unacceptable, I was never out of a car for more than 2 days. My dealer was able to fix everything from new programming, engine diagnosis, to fuel pump with no more than 1.5 days. They took apart the cowl and rear quarter panel for other repairs but never more than a day.

Just keep this in mind, if the car is in their possession for more than 30 days (working days and varies by state) you can lemon that and get a new car. Tell them that if you want your car back sooner. However, it sounds like they aren't as good as others rushing them can have negative side effects.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #160
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I'm not even going to bother to read all that. Find something else to do with your time.

You're a maroon.
You read it, you know it, I know it. You got nothin. Let it go.

BTW, my time is none of your concern.

Last edited by RPM90; 12-11-2009 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #161
Felipe1M1
Enlisted Member
Peru
Rep
Drives: 135i

RPM is right, i think this is a katrina on a glass of water, BMW will have to fix it anyway, and there are more incidents in the US because its the biggest market on the planet. I had 15 different cars with my 34 years and this is my first bimmer. Just dumped 2009 mini cooper s, what a crap car. And before a 2008 dsg GTI, witch had a HPFP first day. That DSG was the worst buy ever made.
My 135i is 2010 witch has already changed the pump at 2098 miles 3400 km. I am testing this baby 1000 km more then i have to send it for ecu scan.
I had no long cranks whatsoever , just two CEL limp modes, reset the car starting again and the car like nothing happened. One at 3004 km then and 3442km, so the first time the dealer just made a ecu reprogram which took one morning. 400 km later second CEL and took the car to the dealer and stayed four days and germany send an order to change the HPFP for new ones just arrived to my country. Lima, PERU.
We have a goverment consumer rights institution whichs acts like your lemon law i had presented a claim because they didnt offer me the n55 engine 135i they where coming in this last month. I bought the car on may 18 2010. Bmw Peru has commited a failure to declare and broke my consumer right to choice,and since i had this little incident, may be they will have to change me the car , give my money back or give me 2 more years of warranty. BMW only gives you 2 years unlimited mileage powerplant warranty. This car cost me $51500 us dollars. M3 costs 115k. This is a expensive country.
But all other 335 and 135, x6, z4 in this country from 2008 to date had only one change of the HPFP not all, other had wastegate problems mostly the early arrivals. 100 cars aprox with this engine are in this country. We do not use ethanol , the gasoline is 93/98 and is 70% local 30% imported. 6 dollar a gallon.
But here we can push the car to the limits, i am testing this baby at 200to 250 kph and simply has no match for the price, it eats the asphalt like puddin.
I had 944 turbo S, 300zx twin turbo, corrado vr6 , Honda SI, wrx , GTI 1.8T ko4 turbo and 2.0T. The most powerfuls of my list.
I am not sure if at the end, if my claim goes thru, what to buy?or recieve the n55.
I can purchase an Audi s3, new wrx sti sedan , or a new mk6 gti mechanic or a seat cupra R which is basically and s3 with out awd.
But with the problem or not, the bimmer will beat any AUDI ,VW, VAG car or any jap car , it not easy to get out of it when you have it.

All cars i had gave me issues. The worst was the vr6 corrado, the interior heater tank broke while i was driving, my feet were burning and the windshield almost totaly filled with vapor. Thats dangerous. Vw just replace the crap part.

So what can i say, those 2 times scared me but they mostly put me on a bad mood and want to crash the car on the nice looking dealer office. hahahah Because is so much money and cliche for that to happen, its emabarasing hahah, in VAG car its ok but no on a car which competes directly to mbenz and my family is a benz one, they dont like bimmers, even my granpa. Im the black sheep.

But... chicks just love them, i love them and will stay with it until it changes model.

Its a bimmer, no replacement on sight.

Last edited by Felipe1M1; 10-23-2010 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: add more.
Appreciate 0