BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #133
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Thank god this had a happy ending! Congrats Joraq, and don't be shy about giving us at least a quick summary of your impressions of the car. More of these never hurt on 1addicts (especially those who haven't taken delivery yet )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #134
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Alright,

Since I'm still up here is a summary.

Exterior: Muscular, compact and taught

Interior: Surprisingly roomy upfront while adequate for short distances in the rear depending on height.. Quite roomy in the rear (no knees rubbing) for those 5'5" or thereabouts. From the driverseat everything feels at arms reach. The sport seats fit well and I will have to make some further adjustments cause my back is a bit sore... Maybe i'm too used to the cushiness of the 5 series.. lol

Engine: Fantasic.. Of the reviews I've read I think the one that sticks the most is its raw muscularity. It really does feel like a muscle car and does set the mood of the entire driving experience. Torque is all over the place and it just wants to keep pulling forever... Period.

Overall: The car wants to be flogged. I'm trying to be easy on it but it does want to play rough. It is a whooligan as ChrisKurn so eloquently put it. I'm not at all disappointed. The 135i is a drivers and that message is clearly felt.

Options: I pretty much got everything except HD Radio, Active Steering and Steptronic. So.. The ipod interface is awesome, the logic 7 stereo does provide solid all around sound, navi, bluetooth and idrive are all super intelligent -though complete mastery takes a while-, and the leather is nice. I may change my trim out of high gloss to walnut in the future.. Make sure you guys get all the options you want, you won't be sorry.. My former 530i didn't have Comfort Access and its really cool.. Its all that the millions of threads say. I'd do it again.

Alright, thats enough for now.. I have to get some sleep.

J.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #135
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
Perhaps it is just me, but when you get the call "it is here", that is a pretty good indication that it is time to go and finalize the deal particulars. Saying "it is my goal" is not a very decisive statement. Waiting for a call on Saturday, instead of following through on one's goal and actually showing up is not a very decisive action (notwithstanding the car wasn't available anyway). It is very easy to place a deposit in the heat of the moment and quite a bit harder follow through with the rest of the deal. A fair number of 1addicts have backed out after placing their deposits. Most 1addicts would cut a vacation short to pick up their car. If you weren't in a position to actually go and close the deal on Saturday (which it would seem you weren't because you were "waiting for a call"), then presumably on Sunday, the dealership would have been justified in selling your car. That they sold it the previous Monday probably means that you have been less than decisive throughout the process, and they correctly read the situation early on. Your test driving the M3 did not improve the message you were sending the dealership.

Yes the dealer is scum. They should have said "if you don't do this by x date" we will sell your car but it appears to me you send a bunch of ambiguous signals regarding your true commitment to the deal.
No, I believe Joraq did nothing wrong. He should have the right to wait until Saturday or even longer.In Maryland, Dealership is closed on Sundays. That is what the deposit is for. I bought my last car over the phone. I told the CA to hold the car and showed up next day to give him the deposit. I picked up the car 5 days later.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #136
Larry_Legend
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

You had a contract. You have rights. You can sue under the contract. I'd let them know that you want a ridiculously good deal or will bring a lawsuit -- a suit they really can't win on the facts.

Use this unfortunate scenario and some patience to translate into big savings, then take the savings and go on another vacation!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #137
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
congrats! glad you got ur car
      04-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #138
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

It is good to hear that another dealer stepped in and did right by you! Congrats, it sounds like a great car.

In a way, it's good to hear that Russel BMW lost your business. They didn't deserve to make a single penny on selling you a car. Especially since Russel BMW's attitude towards customer service was to come here and continue to stand behind their amateur mind-reading abilities. And repeat their claims that you never intended to buy a 135i. I guess UltimateCA was wrong about that...

It will be very telling to see if UltimateCA comes back and admits his mind-reading abilities were faulty. And admit that he was wrong not to inform you of his intention to sell the car out from under you, and not to honor your first right of purchase.

At this point, I STILL expect UltimateCA/Russel BMW to be man enough to admit they were wrong. That they should have used 100% open and honest communication to determine if you wanted the car, instead of depending upon their amateur mind-reading abilities. They should post the apology here. Then take some of those profits they made out of selling your car out from under you, to make things right for holding your cash for 3 months and then screwing you over. Some freebee's are in order, like a die-cast model, or some floor mats if you didn't already get some, or something from the performance catalog. Heck, even a free detail. These are the things Russel BMW should be OFFERING to make things right. You wouldn't even need to ask, if Russel BMW were a first-class operation.

Well, have fun with your new ride!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #139
Troyn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Congrats on a happy ending Joraq :w00t:

And to the folks at Russel BMW (you know they still check in on this thread) - may your poor judgment and dishonest actions lead to financial downturn.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #140
runfun1
2008 Montego 128i vert
Rep
Drives:

Congrats on your new car. Glad it turned out okay in the end!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #141
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
oh and i wonder where the dealer went? lol
ran away with his tail b/w his legs

did you get the color u wanted too?
      04-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #142
gatti_03
Rep
Drives:

happy to see that you got the car in the end, and didn't have to wait for production of a new one to be sent over. Was a very interesting post to read, and I was completely SHOCKED that the CA came on a made a public arguement to defend himself, in my personal opinion that was completely unprofessional and he should be reprimanded by his employers, and they should be told about his actions.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #143
UK135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

A massive congratulations to you Joraq i am so happy for you that things have turned out so well for you in the end.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #144
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

CONGRATS Joraq!!! Glad everything turned out well. Good to see some good news.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #145
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks again guys,

I was able to get almost (98 %) the exact car I wanted.. SGM/Coral with the sport, premium and cold weather package, comfort access, ipod/usb, idrive,navi, premium sound. Sat nav was something I didn't care for and got with this car. This car also had high gloss black instead of the grey poplar. I may switch out the trim eventually, but man guys, the aluminum on the M5 is sooo beautiful (I saw it while I was picking up my car). If we could only get aluminum trim like that. Yeah, I'm still amazed at Russel's actions and lack of remorse.

But man, I'm really enjoying this car.. It just wants to go faster and faster.. I'm finding myself having to throw it into roundabouts to let it unwind. I've finally got it to push at its limits. The engine is magnificent. I'm impressed with it to say the least. The technology on my car is crazy, that only places it in another category.. Though I've had I drive before, its amazing to see its advancements and capabilities.. For those who are thinking about it, the system shows the cars intelligence and technology.. I'm happy I decided on all the options.

I hope BMWNA is following this thread, Awards don't need to be given to those unworthy of them. Maybe they can "Marion Jone's" the previous awards that the Ultimate CA spoke about. I wonder if Mr. Russel is up to read this too.. Can you believe some people acted this way in representation of the "name you worked so hard to build" as summarized by your mission statement??

Anyway, izzodesh, how are you doing some time later after the deer incident?

J.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #146
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
much better now...i will be crossing the 1000 mile mark this weekend.

and the in laws car is fixed.

thanks for asking 8)

happy driving!
      04-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #147
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Wow awesome end to this crazy story...Glad to hear you got the car at a lower cost somewhere else!
      03-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #148
cpavli1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

I bought my 135i basically fully loaded from Russel BMW and from Korey specifically. It was a great experience and I got a great deal on the car, well under msrp. He was able to answer all my questions, and because I was serious about taking the car home the day I walked in, he was serious about selling it to me. Next time have your car sold before you show up. If you hand me $1000 and tell me you'll be back aaaany minute to pay the remaining ~$40-$50K (i.e.- signing the remaining paperwork for financing) and you don't show, I'm selling your damn car. Welcome to the real world..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #149
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpavli1 View Post
I bought my 135i basically fully loaded from Russel BMW and from Korey specifically. It was a great experience and I got a great deal on the car, well under msrp. He was able to answer all my questions, and because I was serious about taking the car home the day I walked in, he was serious about selling it to me. Next time have your car sold before you show up. If you hand me $1000 and tell me you'll be back aaaany minute to pay the remaining ~$40-$50K (i.e.- signing the remaining paperwork for financing) and you don't show, I'm selling your damn car. Welcome to the real world..
HAHA hello Corey, you're back again!

Not very smart bringing this thread back from the dead for thousands more to read...

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #150
enigma135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible

Very odd that this thread popped up today. I just received an offer from Russel for $200 over ED invoice yesterday. I've been on this site for quite some time on a daily basis and have gathered tons of helpful info from most everyone on here which obviously helped in getting the +$200 offer. I don't know who Korey is, didn't deal with him up there, and haven't met any of the managers. The CA i spoke with seems pretty legit and helpful. I'm a little taken aback now though after reading this entire thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #151
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
i just read this whole thing... WOW...is all I can say.

Gald it work out in the end.. but but folks.. we have a BIG BIG BIG problem with Mr J.

Did he not promise to post pics??? I still don't see any... hellloooo

pls post some pics Mr J.
      03-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #152
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

Can we get a moderator to match up IP addresses? I HATE people like this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #153
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

update?!

I'm just as surprised as anyone that this post came back.. I guess I always wondered if it would. Here are the pics as promised.. I had some difficulty posting the first time around, almost a year ago!!. Anyway, here are some older pics during delivery and after. The car has some new tires, bridgestone re-o1r's and handles far better.. I'll post some more later.

J.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #154
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

1 more for now

Here is a quick iphone side shot with my new tires.

J.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0