BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-22-2020, 03:41 AM   #1
BreakingTraction
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ

Coding out adaptive headlights - Sydney

Hi everyone,

I've had my e82 135i for 2 weeks now and loving ownership. One thing which has been bugging me though is an adaptive headlight error message on the dash since I picked up the car which won't go away. Basically, the system which turns the headlights around corners isn't working.

As far as I can tell, I have two options: fix it or code it out. I prefer the latter as it is likely to be cheaper and I don't really have any need for the feature anyway. Trouble is, I don't know the first thing about coding and it seems you need a PC or Android to run the appropriate software, and I have neither.

If anyone in Sydney knows how to code this out and is willing to do it for a reasonable fee, please let me know. Alternatively, if there are any DIY methods via an iPhone app, let me know also. I already have a quote for this from my mechanic but am exploring alternatives. As far as I can tell, it's a fairly simple job but I don't have the means to do it myself.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 10:25 PM   #2
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

If you are running angel eyes, check that the module is installed properly and not interfering with the cornering function.

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 08:56 AM   #3
BreakingTraction
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
If you are running angel eyes, check that the module is installed properly and not interfering with the cornering function.
I noticed the RHS light housing cover wasn't fitted properly by the previous owners as the angel eye on that side had failed too. My guess is condensation caused it to blow as well as frying the adaptive headlight module.

I have since had the angel eyes replaced, no issues on that front and they are working fine.

It seems it will be cheaper/easier just to code the adaptive headlight feature out now but I can't seem to find a Mac/iPhone friendly solution to DIY it.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 02:13 PM   #4
erickzep
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1269843
Appreciate 0