BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #1
Segments
Aspiring 1'er
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM 135i

Looking for TriState Shop for Specific Issue

Have had a chronic "transmission" issue for over 2 years. Car is a fully built 6266 N54 with everything and anything it needs to deliver the power. Unfortunately, driving the car is not enjoyable with this issue I have had. Anybody have recommendations for an experienced shop who will not waste my time? I have done everything to the car myself, but do not have the patience anymore with this issue. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segments View Post
Have had a chronic "transmission" issue for over 2 years. Car is a fully built 6266 N54 with everything and anything it needs to deliver the power. Unfortunately, driving the car is not enjoyable with this issue I have had. Anybody have recommendations for an experienced shop who will not waste my time? I have done everything to the car myself, but do not have the patience anymore with this issue. Thanks.
I stand by Motorcepts, Fred and Leo are top notch guys and treat your car like theirs. They are in Jamaica, Queens. They've taken good care of my E60 (RIP) and my current E82 and anything I've thrown at them they've done with aplomb. Tell em Roy sent ya and they know exactly who that is

MNC in Oceanside, NY. Martin is a top notch BMW mechanic and have heard nothing but good things from that shop (had the chance to speak to him and visit his shop as well.. very technical person. Well versed in N54/55 stuff.

M-chanics in Mineola, NY.. Ask for George.

Those are the only shops I'd take my car to on the Island.

Hope I was able to help!
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Segments
Aspiring 1'er
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segments View Post
I stand by Motorcepts, Fred and Leo are top notch guys and treat your car like theirs. They are in Jamaica, Queens. They've taken good care of my E60 (RIP) and my current E82 and anything I've thrown at them they've done with aplomb. Tell em Roy sent ya and they know exactly who that is

MNC in Oceanside, NY. Martin is a top notch BMW mechanic and have heard nothing but good things from that shop (had the chance to speak to him and visit his shop as well.. very technical person. Well versed in N54/55 stuff.

M-chanics in Mineola, NY.. Ask for George.

Those are the only shops I'd take my car to on the Island.

Hope I was able to help!
I appreciate the response. Ive tried with MNC multiple times and they seem to blow me off every single time. I will look into the other shops you mentioned.
Appreciate 0