BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

135 idling funny

y 135 coupe has about 45,000 miles on it. I've noticed it idling a little funny, especially when the engine is still cool. It would skip a beat or something every once in a while. I thought it might be the spark plugs and when I took it in for service about a month ago, they did replace the spark plugs since it was due. It didn't help.

Since the service still idling funny and has slowly gotten worse. Today it seemed to start bucking slightly when accelerating and when I stopped it was idling much harsher and at a higher RPM. I was driving around in the hurricane yesterday and although I didn't go through any large puddles perhaps the intake got a little wet? Still, it should have dried out.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong? I'm thinking maybe an oxygen sensor? Also I have a JB3 - the plug-in-the-wires-yourself version - and I always worry a connection is going to come lose and screw up my engine.

Last edited by gio; 10-30-2012 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: delete this duplicate please
Appreciate 0