BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2017, 04:33 PM   #45
mishimoto
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let everybody that ordered and are still thinking about ordering know; we've seen a lot of interest in this kit and are still seeing orders roll in, so we've decided to extend the pre-sale over the weekend. This means that orders will be shipping out next week, but for those of you who are still a little indecisive, you have a few more days to pull the trigger.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions,

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #46
mishimoto
Banned
Rep

Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to let you all know that today is the last day for the pre-sale. Those of you in the U.S and Canada who ordered already, you should be receiving shipping notifications for your orders soon!

For those of you outside of the U.S. and Canada, we will be reaching out to you individually with order details and shipping estimates. If you are outside of the U.S. and Canada and placed an order, but have not heard from us, please let us know!

Thanks!

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #47
mishimoto
Banned
Rep

Hey all,

Just a quick note that this kit has been released! The kit is available for purchase here and will be available from our distributors soon. Thank you all for your orders!

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #48
scythe1969
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

So, the catch can is installed - here are my observations...

First off, it's a well engineered piece; everything is top quality. Installation took about an hour, only because I wanted to take my time and because it was easier to also remove the upper air intake tube to get the hose around lower part of the tube.

Now, in comparison to the Burger unit, it does seem rather weird to have so much more hose then the BOCC - It's just a little contrary to the old adage, the shortest distance between two points... On the plus size, I like that the Mishimoto unit keeps the stock heater unit. This decision makes more sense than having an electrical connector tied off in the engine bay.

Here are some complications that I ran into:

1. They weren't kidding about the fragility of the heater hose. Even after only 20 seconds of the heat gun, the tip of the hose didn't loosen, the entire middle of the hose melted. So yeah, if you're going to go through with this installation, just assume that you'll be ordering a new OEM hose if you want to revert to stock.

2. For all the previous questions about clamps - they were included with my kit, but I will say that it would be difficult to put one on the top of the valve inlet. Plus, if you want a 'clean' look, it would take away from that. Black clamps would be a better choice, just sayin'.

3. Routing the hoses aren't as easy as they were on the video. The one that snakes next to the engine and routes underneath engine cover is fussy and there really isn't any room for it to lie flush under the lower engine cover without a lot of work. Even then, it gets kinked and compressed. Also, I wonder about it resting on top of the coil packs and their wiring.

4. The shorter hose, wasn't short enough. I wound up having to cut the hose about 2 inches for it to fit 'somewhat' correct. I couldn't find an angle that would not allow the hose to get pinched under the top engine cover. This hose was is kinked as well where it comes up from under the top engine cover.

For someone who appreciates great design, and a flawless OEM look, I give this hose install part of the process an 8 out of 10.

Do I think the can will work? In my case, yes. As I took things apart I found oil in the stock heater hose at both ends and in the intake tube. I have also replaced the turbo boost sensor on the charge pipe because of oil residue causing it to fail and affect idle and boost. I will take a look in a 30-60 day window and see what I find in the can.

The car started up and idled without any fuss and a quick road test didn't turn up any negative affects to my new Dinan tune.

For those who are visual, I've got pictures of the things I noted above and will add them once I get them off of my phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update, mine was delivered today - it is a beautifully designed part. I can't wait to tackle this project this weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great news - can't wait to get it installed in my ride. :-)

Last edited by scythe1969; 04-09-2017 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: Progress on the install
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #49
mishimoto
Banned
Rep

Hi scythe1969,

Thanks so much for the review! I'll pass your feedback on to the production team and let them know about the hoses. Could you PM me some photos of anything you had difficulty with?

I hope you enjoy the catch can now that it's on, hopefully your engine does too

Thanks again,

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #50
Immaculate
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Received and installed mine today. Everything went in super easy and I was done in about 25 minutes.

Product looks great and my only complaint is that the mounting bracket I got had some fairly deep scratches in the middle. Now we'll see what she catches!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #51
mishimoto
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
Received and installed mine today. Everything went in super easy and I was done in about 25 minutes.

Product looks great and my only complaint is that the mounting bracket I got had some fairly deep scratches in the middle. Now we'll see what she catches!
Thanks for the review! I'm sorry to hear that your bracket was damaged. If you'd like us to send you a new bracket, just let me know. Could you also PM me some pictures of the bracket when you get a chance?

Thanks again,

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 04:40 PM   #52
Havocsteve
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Hey there Mishimoto. Just wondering when the next shipment will be. I placed an order this weekend but it seems you will need over a month to ship one? Is this correct or will one arrive at my doorstep end of November?

Thanks,

HavocSteve.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #53
DrivingPassion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3+CompPkg, F22 M235xi

Is this product still a viable one?
Why is the vendor account banned?
Appreciate 0