BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #45
david @ eas
david @ eas's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
4,053
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL135I View Post
Tire size of the above pics?
He's running 225/35-19 and 2245/35-19 Yokohama Advan AD08's
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #46
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
3022
Rep
8,051
Posts

Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
He's running 225/35-19 and 2245/35-19 Yokohama Advan AD08's
Those are some wide rear tires!

Kidding. I assume you meant 245's?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #47
david @ eas
david @ eas's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
4,053
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Those are some wide rear tires!

Kidding. I assume you meant 245's?
Haha, WHOOPS!

Yeah you're right, 245's in the back on that 1 series... The Yokohama AD08's which he has on, run about 10-15mm wider than your average tire, so going wider is an option if you went with another brand
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #48
ALUFELGEN
ALUFELGEN's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
2,057
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ALUFELGEN Send a message via MSN to ALUFELGEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Looks like a lot of guys want to get out of the CSL styled wheels and move on to something new... Here's a few pictures of the V710s:


That is a CSL-styled wheel posted above. That rim is dangerously exposed. Why 245/35/19 on a 9.5" and not a proper 255/30/19 or 265/30/19?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #49
Kudeltman
Enlisted Member
7
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rochester Hills, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
That is a CSL-styled wheel posted above. That rim is dangerously exposed. Why 245/35/19 on a 9.5" and not a proper 255/30/19 or 265/30/19?
I assume any wider with that specific tire would rub....buy why not a different tire? idk, maybe he's particular to that one
__________________
'08 135 ///M Sport - Jet Black - Black Boston Leather - 6MT - Navigation
BMW Performance Kidney Grills - B.L.U. HyperWhite Angel Eye Bulbs - Gunsmoked Vitex Ambergone's - Full Tint
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #50
david @ eas
david @ eas's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
4,053
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
That is a CSL-styled wheel posted above. That rim is dangerously exposed. Why 245/35/19 on a 9.5" and not a proper 255/30/19 or 265/30/19?
Unfortunately you're wrong... This is a V710, which you can clearly see the difference in the pictures below:



This is the CSL style wheel:



I'm pretty sure what I sold my customer

As for the "strange" tire size that you mention. The happy customer wanted to get Yokohama AD08's, a tire we love, on his 1 series, just like our 135i shop car as well. With our extensive knoweldge, we have figured out that the 245/35-19 is the best fit for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudeltman View Post
I assume any wider with that specific tire would rub....buy why not a different tire? idk, maybe he's particular to that one
If you run with another tire like a 255, I would suggest rolling the fenders a bit just in case... These wheels are aggressive but still classy...

And just for reference, as everybody should know on this forum. Stretching tires minimally like what was shown above, isn't an issue at all.

I've stretched 235's all around on a 9.5" wheel (not as aggressive as the 1 series above), and ran on the track several times, and I'm not one in particular to go slow. I've had racing experience for the last several years, and I have had no issues with that stretched tire.

Or if you're more concerned on the lip being more exposed because there is less tire protection from curbing, then I have an easy solution for you... Don't curb the wheels!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #51
ALUFELGEN
ALUFELGEN's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
2,057
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ALUFELGEN Send a message via MSN to ALUFELGEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Looks like a lot of guys want to get out of the CSL styled wheels and move on to something new... Here's a few pictures of the V710s:
This thread is about CSL wheels in the first place. If members are here is because they want CSL wheels not because they want to get out of it. Or is EAS no longer selling CSL wheels and moving to something new?

The thread is about V710s or CS7s. I think you can find ways of selling your products other than smarty disqualifying the competition. I have several ways that I can also disqualify you. I chose, instead, to be discrete and professional about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #52
david @ eas
david @ eas's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
4,053
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
This thread is about CSL wheels in the first place. If members are here is because they want CSL wheels not because they want to get out of it. Or is EAS no longer selling CSL wheels and moving to something new?

The thread is about V710s or CS7s. I think you can find ways of selling your products other than smarty disqualifying the competition. I have several ways that I can also disqualify you. I chose, instead, to be discrete and professional about it.
Actually from the thread title, it reads V710s or Alufelgen CS7's... Not sure why you feel this thread is about CSL wheels. Yes, of course we still offer VMR's CSL wheels, I've just noticed that there are a few members on this forum have been moving towards a different directly lately. Obviously this is just an observation I have made, and I feel that opinions based on personal observation shouldn't be threatened by you.

Since this is a forum, I feel that we all need to gather our thoughts for the betterment of modifying our cars, therefore opinions shouldn't be discouraged as I feel you have been doing with me specifically. Out of kindness I would suggest to either continue this conversation privately at my direct line (714.369.8524 ex 24), or via email so that this conversation wont spam this specific thread. I'm sure the other members would appreciate that.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #53
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Dongle wars!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #54
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
27
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Waterford, NY

iTrader: (1)

Gotta side w/ Jurrian on this one,...the Thread title does specifically say "V710's or Alufelgen CS7's".
With that said,...here's my take on it.
I like to think of the V710's as the CSL's twisted cousin.
If you want tried and true BMW styling,..then the Alufelgens are an excellent choice.
If you like that styling, but want something a bit different from the norm,..then the V710s are the way to go.
Both excellent wheels, so you really cant lose.
__________________
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #55
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

An E46 M3 with CSL wheels pulled up next to me at the lights last night and I caught the guy checking out my CSL's, which was an awesome feeling. I honestly couldn't tell much difference between his wheels and mine. We ended up racing afterwards too

I vote CSL but the V710 are very nice too, you can't go wrong with either for looks IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #56
ALUFELGEN
ALUFELGEN's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
2,057
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ALUFELGEN Send a message via MSN to ALUFELGEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Actually from the thread title, it reads V710s or Alufelgen CS7's... Not sure why you feel this thread is about CSL wheels. Yes, of course we still offer VMR's CSL wheels, I've just noticed that there are a few members on this forum have been moving towards a different directly lately. Obviously this is just an observation I have made, and I feel that opinions based on personal observation shouldn't be threatened by you.

Since this is a forum, I feel that we all need to gather our thoughts for the betterment of modifying our cars, therefore opinions shouldn't be discouraged as I feel you have been doing with me specifically. Out of kindness I would suggest to either continue this conversation privately at my direct line (714.369.8524 ex 24), or via email so that this conversation wont spam this specific thread. I'm sure the other members would appreciate that.
This thread is about both wheels, you are correct. On your previous post you wrote "CSL-styled" wheels which gave the impression you were referring to wheel designs based on the CSL (mesh wheels). The CSL wheel as you might find out is a style that will never die. It is the classic motor sport wheel design. We are die-hard CSL fans and that is the reason why our CSL wheel has been made for many applications including the 1-Series. The spoke design, profile and the concavity make this wheel a very attractive prospect and maintains that OEM Motorsports look that suits the 1-series perfectly. We are extremely passionate about the CSL wheels and this passion directly reflects on our products.



Continuing your proposition, a 245/35/19 for a 9.5" is not a suggestion based on extensive knowledge. Its a suggestion based on the offset limitation of the wheel on the vehicle since larger tires will not clear the fenders. A 245/35/19 leaves the rim more exposed than desired. Too exposed in fact. The tire is also very stretched. You also have the negative side effects of the rim prone to curbing and bending, rough ride, excessive tire wear, bump steer, etc, which in return provide a performance decrease instead of improving it. A wheel should have the proper width, offset, reduction in weight, suspension and fender clearance, and the ability to install the proper tires sizes without running into clearing issues. Unless you are going for the stretched look and you don't care about the effects.

That wheel is too exposed. If the wheel requires stretched tires to fit then the offset is not the proper offset. An offset of 19x9.5ET55-58 would've suited better and eliminated the clearance issues and allow a proper tire to fit.

That's just my observation.

Last edited by ALUFELGEN; 03-18-2010 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #57
thez99
Colonel
thez99's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
2,583
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i Auto
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.00]
Send a message via AIM to thez99
Quit your bickering both of you...

I would rather run a tire closer to 255-265 on a rear 9.5" wheel, so unless VMR comes out with a TRUE 135 offset for this wheel, I wont be going with it, 40F and 45R for 8.5" and 9.5" wide wheels isnt enough. The offsets need to more closely match stock, i.e. wheels like the ADVAN RZ's that are 8" 45offset fronts and 9" 50offset rears. That fits, allows you to run a 255-265 tires without rubbing and looks beautiful.

If you wanna go ahead and buy a wheel that is obviously going to rub in most cases (specially with a tire thats smaller than should be run with that width of wheel) then you're just making things harder for yourself, end of story
__________________

= ER Chargepipe/HKS BOV = Maddad Whisper Axle-back exhaust = Maddad resonted 3" midpipes = BMS DCI = HPF FMIC - 18" vmr 701's with Michelin PSS tires - M3 front sway == Coming soon? = M3 front suspension bits - rear m3 subframe bushings - BMW Perf Suspension - IC rear diffusor and spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #58
BMW86
Major General
Australia
340
Rep
9,170
Posts

Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
If you wanna go ahead and buy a wheel that is obviously going to rub in most cases (specially with a tire thats smaller than should be run with that width of wheel) then you're just making things harder for yourself, end of story
I agree. I love both designs but none of that was a consideration for me. Alufelgen have made the only wheel with the correct offsets for our 1er and that was enough to seal the deal for me. I did not want to deal with rolling fenders or rubbing issues. Now that I've got them on my car I couldn't be happier. Just my 5 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 01:42 AM   #59
Erik219
Statistical Consultancy (Medical / Pharma)
Belgium
6
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: BMW 6 GT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brussels

iTrader: (0)

Hey, and what about the Breytons?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #60
Brissie
Lieutenant
26
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 135
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brisbane, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Unfortunately Alufelgen don't come in 19", and CSL looks kind of old to me. They first came out several years ago, after all.
TBH, I don't see what Jurrian@eas did here to deserve the criticism labelled at him, as he merely responded to the thread title which asked for opinions on VMR710, without mentioning anything negative about the other product mentioned.
It seems that from people who had fitted VMR 710's with ET45 and ET50, they fit OK on a 1 series, albeit that you have to run tires a bit narrower than ideal. The only problem this seems to pose, is that the rims are a bit more exposed to curbing. However, regardless of what tires you have, if you curb your wheels, you are going to damaged them anyway, stretched tires or not.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #61
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
27
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Waterford, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
Unfortunately Alufelgen don't come in 19", and CSL looks kind of old to me. They first came out several years ago, after all.
TBH, I don't see what Jurrian@eas did here to deserve the criticism labelled at him, as he merely responded to the thread title which asked for opinions on VMR710, without mentioning anything negative about the other product mentioned.
It seems that from people who had fitted VMR 710's with ET45 and ET50, they fit OK on a 1 series, albeit that you have to run tires a bit narrower than ideal. The only problem this seems to pose, is that the rims are a bit more exposed to curbing. However, regardless of what tires you have, if you curb your wheels, you are going to damaged them anyway, stretched tires or not.
__________________
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #62
thez99
Colonel
thez99's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
2,583
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i Auto
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.00]
Send a message via AIM to thez99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
Unfortunately Alufelgen don't come in 19", and CSL looks kind of old to me. They first came out several years ago, after all.
TBH, I don't see what Jurrian@eas did here to deserve the criticism labelled at him, as he merely responded to the thread title which asked for opinions on VMR710, without mentioning anything negative about the other product mentioned.
It seems that from people who had fitted VMR 710's with ET45 and ET50, they fit OK on a 1 series, albeit that you have to run tires a bit narrower than ideal. The only problem this seems to pose, is that the rims are a bit more exposed to curbing. However, regardless of what tires you have, if you curb your wheels, you are going to damaged them anyway, stretched tires or not.
The 710's come in a 40 and 45 offset, not 45 and 50, hence why I mentioned they still really dont fit our cars without compensating with slimmer tires, etc.
__________________

= ER Chargepipe/HKS BOV = Maddad Whisper Axle-back exhaust = Maddad resonted 3" midpipes = BMS DCI = HPF FMIC - 18" vmr 701's with Michelin PSS tires - M3 front sway == Coming soon? = M3 front suspension bits - rear m3 subframe bushings - BMW Perf Suspension - IC rear diffusor and spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #63
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
64
Rep
1,129
Posts

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sahuarita, AZ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
The 710's come in a 40 and 45 offset, not 45 and 50, hence why I mentioned they still really dont fit our cars without compensating with slimmer tires, etc.
Wrong. I ordered a set of 710's with a 45 front and 50 rear offset. VMR now supports a 1 series offset.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #64
Brissie
Lieutenant
26
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 135
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brisbane, Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
The 710's come in a 40 and 45 offset, not 45 and 50, hence why I mentioned they still really dont fit our cars without compensating with slimmer tires, etc.
There are a number of vendors in the commercial section that sell them in et45 and et50. I don't have them myself though.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #65
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
27
Rep
550
Posts

Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Waterford, NY

iTrader: (1)

+1, I have a set of V710's in my garage w/ the ET50 rear offset waiting to go on the car.
Yes, I'll post pics when I get em on.
__________________
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #66
SloPoke
Lieutenant
SloPoke's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
549
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canton GA

iTrader: (6)

+1 on the et45 and et50. I've been running them for a few months now.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST