BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Side skirts. Where to buy? Where to paint?

Okay this is such a basic question, I feel a little dumb for asking it. BUT... I did try searching for "side skirt" and "side skirts painted" and other combinations of words, with no luck. Also tried using Google to do a site-wide search. The problem is that so many people have this phrase listed in their sigs, that it makes searches pretty useless. Or, the links are broken and redirect to unrelated e90 posts. (Please fix that admins!).

Anyway...

I'm thinking about ordering BMW Performance side skirts. Where should I order them, and who/where would you recommend I get them painted? Is this dealer-only territory? Or can I get them cheaper somewhere and then have them painted at a local body shop? Is that ill-advised? Are there other side skirts besides BMW's that you might recommend?

I've seen the DIY concerning the side skirts and installation looks pretty manageable.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

I would check out Dan at United BMW. Great prices and service and I think they will have them painted for you.

Username - Dan@UnitedBMW
      05-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I was just thinking the same thing. I want them painted and ready for install. Know anyone that ships to Australia?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Dan doesn't have the best prices on painting. He wants $300 for both skirts. I was quoted $170 for painting by my BMW dealer's collision shop.

Ask around your BMW dealers. They may surprise you.

But Dan has the best price for the skirts themselves.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
SparklingRed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i -> M135i -> M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. I want them painted and ready for install. Know anyone that ships to Australia?
Dan does!