BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
black135
Private
Rep
Drives:

Tweeters are in ....

Got my tweeters and surrounds installed this week. The sound is really different, much clearer which you'd expect. At first I thought there was too much high frequency but after a few drives my ears have adjusted. You can now hear sounds that previously weren't coming through the 4 inch speakers.

A few tips for the install:

- The standard door trim blank has a foam insert within it, use this in the new surround behind the tweeter as it presumably helps with road/wind noise (forgot to take a photo of this)
- The shop used a 3.3 micro Farad capacitor for each tweeter, seems to be working well
- Used a Hertz HT25 tweeter, fits absolutely perfectly into the factory clips

I still have an issue with EM noise on startup, the latest theory is that the cables running from the head unit to the amps is picking up some noise. WIth the amps the noise is louder. Disconnected the amps, still makes the noise but not as loud. It only lasts about 5 seconds on startup but is annoying nonetheless. Still trying to fix this, will let you know how I go.
Attached Images

10-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Really impressed at you guys ripping your trims apart, really makes me want to add some black to the Alaska Grey! Well done, Black135