BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2020, 12:25 PM   #265
LcossE82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Resonator delete
How much of a difference did the resonator delete make?? That’s what my next exhaust change will likely be. More raspy/throaty with pops and burbles on throttle lift?
You can feel the pops and what not but you won't hear it. At least I feel it. Can't wait to do more work on my exhaust
Appreciate 1
b1aze565.50
      03-13-2020, 02:36 PM   #266
LcossE82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcossE82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Resonator delete
How much of a difference did the resonator delete make?? That's what my next exhaust change will likely be. More raspy/throaty with pops and burbles on throttle lift?
You can feel the pops and what not but you won't hear it. At least I feel it. Can't wait to do more work on my exhaust
I got bored. So chopped off my muffler. Coldish start of a resonator and muffler delete. It's not crazy loud, real low tone pops like crazy. A little raspy, and drone is dumb 😂. I'll be puttin on a 135i muffler on soon with an electronic valve behind it for my loud days. Next is to de cat 🐱 idk how to add video
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 09:05 PM   #267
OneBigDougie
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Nope, no video.

All I have is the video without the muffler and headers:

So exhaust wise you have catless headers, you HAVE your secondary cats, you HAVE your resonator, and a muffler delete? Am I understanding this video correctly? Reason being is I have a muffler delete and intake mods done as well as a custom tune that programed me as catless, thinking I will be in the future but I'm worried I'll be too loud and sound like a ricer.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #268
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBigDougie View Post
So exhaust wise you have catless headers, you HAVE your secondary cats, you HAVE your resonator, and a muffler delete? Am I understanding this video correctly? Reason being is I have a muffler delete and intake mods done as well as a custom tune that programed me as catless, thinking I will be in the future but I'm worried I'll be too loud and sound like a ricer.
Correct:

AA Headers, stock secondary cats/resonator and no muffler.

It was decently loud, but not terrible if you didn't get on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #269
LcossE82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Updated exhaust:
1. Resonator delete, everything stock - you could barely hear it but it was there. Just something more then the stock tone.

Setup 2. Resonator and muffler delete - pretty loud but honestly not that bad. Some pretty bad low tone drone. If you keep it in the higher rpms it's not terrible. Not the greatest sounding set up imo, especially when your in the high rpms. (Sounds like a Honda boy) Loved the crackles and pops though.

Setup 3. Resonator delete and 135i muffler. The most intoxicating and amazing dd set up. Especially when paired with cool filters and the intake mods. No drone at all and a sweet tone when cruising or ripping it through the back roads. Went on a two hour cruise and I loved every second of it. You can hear the back fire occasionally but nothing like before. I love it but I also did enjoy being a little obnoxious haha.

Possible setup 4. 2nd cat delete, res delete, 135i muffler. Any insight on this set up?
I'll post vids when I figure out how to
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #270
Nixis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Updated exhaust:
1. Resonator delete, everything stock - you could barely hear it but it was there. Just something more then the stock tone.

Setup 2. Resonator and muffler delete - pretty loud but honestly not that bad. Some pretty bad low tone drone. If you keep it in the higher rpms it's not terrible. Not the greatest sounding set up imo, especially when your in the high rpms. (Sounds like a Honda boy) Loved the crackles and pops though.

Setup 3. Resonator delete and 135i muffler. The most intoxicating and amazing dd set up. Especially when paired with cool filters and the intake mods. No drone at all and a sweet tone when cruising or ripping it through the back roads. Went on a two hour cruise and I loved every second of it. You can hear the back fire occasionally but nothing like before. I love it but I also did enjoy being a little obnoxious haha.

Possible setup 4. 2nd cat delete, res delete, 135i muffler. Any insight on this set up?
Any updates on setup 4? I have a 135i muffler and res delete considering sec cat delete.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 02:21 AM   #271
Driven5
Private
Rep
Drives: E88 128i Sport/6MT

Here's the N55 135i exhaust I modified to bolt to my 128i. Sorry about the wind and road noise, but I supposed it's more true to how it sounds with the top down. With the top up what you hear is a bit more subdued.

Details can be found here:
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...4#post26744734

Last edited by Driven5; 10-08-2020 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
asbrr540.50
      11-19-2020, 12:37 PM   #272
LcossE82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sf128i View Post
Quote:
Updated exhaust:

Any updates on setup 4? I have a 135i muffler and res delete considering sec cat delete.
I will be gutting my cats later today. And yes gutting🤦🏽*♂️. I know it's not the Ideal thing to do but I've had no luck with any muffle shops/perf shops that are willing to do it. In the future when I get headers I'll either do it right or go for a 3" set up. Stay tuned for sound clips 😎.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 11:52 AM   #273
MOD.Works
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 130

Fast, low-cost N52 exhaust project.

Current setup:
-AA replica headers.
-54mm / 76mm custom exhaust, slightly shorter mid pipes than stock.
-Some a "BMW" resonator, I think it's from a car with a 328i N20 engine.
-135i (N54) muffler with custom electronic flap that bypasses the muffler.
-No catalytic converters.
-I painted it black, but it's stainless steel.

The sound is awesome too with the flap closed. Creepy scream when flap open... Slightly resonance at 1800rpm, this was also the previous Supersprint exhaust. The resonance disappears if the front cats or middle cats are in place. There is no drone.
I also have a straight pipe to replace the muffler. I haven’t tried driving this yet, but it’s really loud when I tested it while the car was being lifted.

Flow testing when flap is closed and opened.

Last edited by MOD.Works; 06-24-2022 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 01:12 AM   #274
dmytro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i coupe

eBay Headers
3-inch straight pipe (no secondary cats)
Vibrant Resonator
Dual 3-inch blast pipes

No tune and single-stage manifold

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5tJgCAUkiYc

Tune and n54 intake manifold with obnoxious gunshots that are too entertaining for me to get rid of

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/z6u-91mrXHY

In car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8vmka7uxIU
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 09:32 AM   #275
MOD.Works
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 130

Nice scream and loud.

It sounds the same and almost as loud as the straight pipe I had. I tried it once and the sound was great, really loud. I couldn't drive with it anymore, the neighbors and the police, etc.

The N52 is a bit loud engine. If you compare e.g. M54 with the same exhaust setup.

Flap open and 7500rpm. It sounds nice and actually better than in the video.

Last edited by MOD.Works; 09-23-2022 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #276
Blau
J
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [6.00]
2013 BMW X3 28i  [0.00]
Berk Race on a 128i n51. All cats and resonator are still on. Euro intake.

Cold start: 128i Cold Start Berk Race
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 06:06 PM   #277
Allmotor1m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 1M Clone

Garage List
Here's My 128/1M Clone with AA Catless Headers, Lighter Flywheel and a Custom Quad Tip Exhaust

https://youtu.be/O4mYtjifl00
Appreciate 0