BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
Erik-AA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s rex

Register battery with Foxwell nt510?

I replaced my battery (10 minute job, super easy) and tried to reset it using a Foxwell NT510 scan tool. It did not work. Can anybody help me? here are some details:
- The tool works fine for other things like reading codes and resetting CBS.
- It goes through the process fine, then fails at the last step, with a message like "could not write to DME"
- It gives a help screen that suggests the problem might be "engine running" or "terminal 15 not on". But I've tried it with the engine running and not running.
- Mine is a stick shift car. When I put the key fob in, the windows and most things work, but a few things like the accessory port (was "cigarette lighter") do not. Does this mean terminal 15 is on or off? If off, how do I turn it on without starting the engine?
- The battery I got is very similar to the original so I don't need to re-code it, I just need to tell the car it's a new battery.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:27 PM   #2
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

To turn on terminal 15, press the start/stop button without your foot in the brake. Basically, turn the car fully on without starting the engine.
Appreciate 0