BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #133
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Aims View Post
I don't know. I am at 20k in miles with 19k tuned and I have never had a long crank. I just got the new software today and will put my tune back in today. The car seemed to drive the same after the update.
very good to hear....i get juiced in July!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #134
sbefar01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1er

Would the new software update affect the parameters of the JB3?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #135
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Anyone else out there with the new software notice their car doesn't immediately fire on the first crank like it used to?
Mine isn't having really LONG cranks per se', but consistently takes a second or 2 to fire up.
Mileage has also dropped from 21.4 to 20.6mpg. I drive almost the same exact route pretty consistently.
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #136
rushbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmallstii View Post
Anyone else out there with the new software notice their car doesn't immediately fire on the first crank like it used to?
Mine isn't having really LONG cranks per se', but consistently takes a second or 2 to fire up.
Mileage has also dropped from 21.4 to 20.6mpg. I drive almost the same exact route pretty consistently.

Well, its been a while since I had the new software done. The car is running fine (power is good) but like you said it doesn't start like it used too. I don't get the long cranks but, its a little bit longer. It's livable for now but, what I do get now after a long time of idle is the stumble start.
The car will start, rev to like 3k then idle to the point of stalling, then rev up again and finally settling down.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #137
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushbmw View Post
Well, its been a while since I had the new software done. The car is running fine (power is good) but like you said it doesn't start like it used too. I don't get the long cranks but, its a little bit longer. It's livable for now but, what I do get now after a long time of idle is the stumble start.
The car will start, rev to like 3k then idle to the point of stalling, then rev up again and finally settling down.
Wow,..I guess Im lucky,..mine doesnt do the stumble start.
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #138
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelitto View Post
did anybody tried remapping after the new software update? Any luck?
My car got the new software due to long cranks and it seemed normal afterwards (read: no power losss etc).
I left it at another garage to do ecu remap (dinan equivalent in UK) and they are having some troubles with the new encryption...
Anybody did dinan after the new software?
I had the DMS tune on my 135 which was wiped due to software upgrade. The garage that did my tune downloaded new software and told me that there is newer encryption on it. It has now been 5 weeks and still no solution!

At this point i have realized that this is quite an inconvenience travelljng up and down whenever i need tune reflash. I ordered the jb3 and it goes on today!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 03:10 AM   #139
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

My car gettting an updated as we speak so will report back on my findings, glad to hear some of the guys getting back their boost after some adaptation time.
      07-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #140
BimmerSchnitzel
J1V3.455.7URCK3Y
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
My car gettting an updated as we speak so will report back on my findings, glad to hear some of the guys getting back their boost after some adaptation time.
Try to find out what the software version they are putting in, maybe then we can start making some correlations here.

I was updated to E89X-10-03-504
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #141
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerSchnitzel View Post
Try to find out what the software version they are putting in, maybe then we can start making some correlations here.

I was updated to E89X-10-03-504
will do, I'm actually getting this update as part of a recall, the day the dealer called me I started getting long cranks :S
      07-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #142
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Just got the car back and I don't feel any power loss it pulls as before. I still sense that the crank is a bit longer than normal though. But the good thing is that I don't notice any difference in the power delivery it pulls just as hard as before.
      07-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #143
dunny
BMW/Mopar Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

I'll add my results to this thread......

My HPFP was replaced last week, along with a DSC module, taillights, and the new software update. I had been getting long cranks for 6 weeks, and "limp mode" happening twice.

They had to flash my ECU/software 3 times total due to the DSC module not responding. After replacing that part it was able to complete without any problems.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with the performance and driveability. This isn't in my head either, it is very easy to tell how much slower it is and how it doesn't "pull" hard at all. I seriously feel like the 328xi I just turned back in pulled harder. Here are the details:
  • Fuel pump is priming when unlocking, and the car starts without any long cranks.
  • Engine seems to run smoother overall, and quieter (yes, I saw someone else post that and I can agree that the exhaust seems to be quieter).
  • I don't notice any difference in how it idles. Starts at 800-1k when cold, then settles to 650-700 RPMS once it warms up.
  • Power from 1k-3.5k is smooth and acceptable. I would say this area has remained the same if not slightly improved.
  • Power from 3.5k-7k is flat, as if there are no turbos. I've done several 3rd gear pulls and the results are always the same. As others have said, the power doesn't hit hard like it used to.
  • MPG is roughly the same. I was getting 23.5MPG before the update, and it seems to be exactly that with the update. My normal commute is mixed, and I shift at 3k RPMS most of the time, and I always get at least 23MPG.

I really hope it can adapt to the new software. I see some of you posted better results after driving it for a few weeks. Mine has 200 miles on the new software already and I don't see any difference yet. I will be emailing my SA to at least provide feedback and let them know that it seems down on power.

I love the car, and had an amazing trip to Germany to pick it up......but I'm starting to question if keeping it is worth the hassle.
'20 X3M / '09 135i M-Sport / '91 318i
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #144
trfortin69
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunny View Post
I'll add my results to this thread......

My HPFP was replaced last week, along with a DSC module, taillights, and the new software update. I had been getting long cranks for 6 weeks, and "limp mode" happening twice.

They had to flash my ECU/software 3 times total due to the DSC module not responding. After replacing that part it was able to complete without any problems.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with the performance and driveability. This isn't in my head either, it is very easy to tell how much slower it is and how it doesn't "pull" hard at all. I seriously feel like the 328xi I just turned back in pulled harder. Here are the details:
  • Fuel pump is priming when unlocking, and the car starts without any long cranks.
  • Engine seems to run smoother overall, and quieter (yes, I saw someone else post that and I can agree that the exhaust seems to be quieter).
  • I don't notice any difference in how it idles. Starts at 800-1k when cold, then settles to 650-700 RPMS once it warms up.
  • Power from 1k-3.5k is smooth and acceptable. I would say this area has remained the same if not slightly improved.
  • Power from 3.5k-7k is flat, as if there are no turbos. I've done several 3rd gear pulls and the results are always the same. As others have said, the power doesn't hit hard like it used to.
  • MPG is roughly the same. I was getting 23.5MPG before the update, and it seems to be exactly that with the update. My normal commute is mixed, and I shift at 3k RPMS most of the time, and I always get at least 23MPG.

I really hope it can adapt to the new software. I see some of you posted better results after driving it for a few weeks. Mine has 200 miles on the new software already and I don't see any difference yet. I will be emailing my SA to at least provide feedback and let them know that it seems down on power.

I love the car, and had an amazing trip to Germany to pick it up......but I'm starting to question if keeping it is worth the hassle.
Mine has the same feeling, my SA promised me they didn't do anything to remmap the turbos or change any of the driving dynamics, I believe it's bull shit. My SA sent me over a read out of all they changed however it's all greek to me.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2010-07-08%20(2)BMW software update.pdf (573.3 KB, 1057 views)
      07-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #145
rushbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Well, the day was soon to come again. As, I mention before I was having long crank starts and my dealership did the software upgrade. The car ran fine but now I do feel that the top end has lost some of its punch. Today, under full throttle the car went into Limp mode. Its misfiring and Im getting the check engine light. I barely made it to the dealer this morning and dropped it off. Lets see whats in store for me now. This is the seventh time I've been to the dealership with this car. Three of them have been related to the HPFP. As a first time BMW owner I cant say that I will be a return customer.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #146
michifan
Old Soul
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM BWM 135iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushbmw View Post
Well, the day was soon to come again. As, I mention before I was having long crank starts and my dealership did the software upgrade. The car ran fine but now I do feel that the top end has lost some of its punch. Today, under full throttle the car went into Limp mode. Its misfiring and Im getting the check engine light. I barely made it to the dealer this morning and dropped it off. Lets see whats in store for me now. This is the seventh time I've been to the dealership with this car. Three of them have been related to the HPFP. As a first time BMW owner I cant say that I will be a return customer.
Sorry to hear that.

I took my car in yesterday for emergency service for the 1st time (only other warranty repair was the recall during an oil change). My water pump was malfunctioning and I was getting limp modes during long cruises (6th gear @ 70mph). I have 25,000 miles on the car and never a long crank.

Seems like you had bad luck, but what ever you do - make sure your next car isn't an Audi - because those things live at dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #147
rushbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Well, I got my car back. They change the HPFP to what they state is the lastest version #933. The car is running fine so for now everything is back to normal. Lets see how long this pump with last.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #148
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

I have a question. How do I know if I have the latest software or not? I bought my car cpo'd a couple weeks ago. Should I just assume that it has it?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #149
rudyv1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

how old is my software?

i've attached pics from the hidden BC menu

my car is June 08 production, dealer says the software is up to date (it's never been touched since the car was made)

any ideas if this is even remotely current?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #150
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep

^ I just checked mine too and it's exactly the same as yours. I think my manufacture date is Jan 08. Would like to know as well if this is the latest.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #151
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyv1 View Post
i've attached pics from the hidden BC menu

my car is June 08 production, dealer says the software is up to date (it's never been touched since the car was made)

any ideas if this is even remotely current?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheezy View Post
^ I just checked mine too and it's exactly the same as yours. I think my manufacture date is Jan 08. Would like to know as well if this is the latest.
i have the most current software on my car, due to long cranks, etc. i don't know how to view the hidden bc menu, however, otherwise i'd post up a pic for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #152
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
i have the most current software on my car, due to long cranks, etc. i don't know how to view the hidden bc menu, however, otherwise i'd post up a pic for you guys.
I used this write-up to access mine:

http://e90.wetpaint.com/page/BC+hidden+menus

I couldn't find it in the iDrive technique so I used the normal one.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #153
michifan
Old Soul
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM BWM 135iC

Got mine yesterday

When my waterpump went out this week I asked my SA to update my ECU. I told him I was having some trouble with the radio stations, and that there were some occasional long start-ups. They opened a PUMA and got it approved.

I picked up the car and frankly I cannot tell the difference. I feel better that I have the latest and greatest flash (and supposedly it took overnight because the first flash burned through some sensors) - but I just cannot tell that they did something.

For those that think there is a problem, take it to a dyno. Even if you haven't done a run prior, you could at least compare it to the dozens of dyno runs that have been posted here.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #154
vjordan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 135i cabrio space/coral

Hpfp/euro Car Question

Curious as to how many euro delivery cars have had a HPFP problem...or ecu problems for that matter???
Appreciate 0