Closed Thread

06-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

We need an "Exclusionary Rule"...

This comes with great distaste; that I feel I should voice my opinion regarding this continuous slander and complete immaturity and disregard for FELLOW BMW owners by the small group of M3 owners that continue to berate us on our own forum.

Actions such as these that have gone on on this 1M forum would be expected from the Nissan, Lexus, M-B, Chevy, Dodge, Porsche, and Lotus crowds. But the simple fact that our own community has owner's that feel the need to undermine us is LUDACRIST!

I ask that we as a small community of BMW owners not engage any of these incipit members, as they do NOT represent the culture of the BMW enthusiast or auto-enthusiasts in general. For the record, before the 'trolls' attack this post, let me start by listing the long track record my family has had with BMW's (sit down, this will take a while)

My father purchased his first BMW in the '70's:

1976 530i Beige/Beige(before it was poche and popular to own a BMW)

1978 530i Luxxus Package (power windows/locks) White/Navy Blue

1985 535i White/Saddle

1993 525i Touring Car Black/Saddle with Dual-Moonroof

1991 BMW M5 Black/Black with 4 Seating Package (rear console)

1996 BMW 318ti with California Roof

2004 BMW Z4 3.0 Silver Grey/Red with Sport/Premium/Extended Leather

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si White/Red Premium/Cold/Sport/M-Sport Seats/Extended Leather/18 Mulit Piece Wheel Option

2011 135i White/Red Premium/Convenience/Sport/M-Sport/Nav

2011 1M Coupe Valencia Orange ZCC ZCP NAV

And have been lucky enough to have driven every single model M3 ever made, starting with the E30...

Just because you crawled out of the woods and purchased your first or even second, third, MAYBE fourth BMW and it was an M3 and you posted these comments that I am talking about, DOES NOT make you the "King of BMW" . I am not one to boast, but these people need to be put in there place, calmly and intellegently. Let this be the post of, 'there is always someone bigger and badder than you'.

My rant is over. Thank you. And HAIL to all BMW owners from the 128i to the Z8!!!!!

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Yeah, I don't understand why people come into this forum just to make negative comments. If you don't like the car, that's fine, but then don't read the threads.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
I am glad someone finally started a thread about this espescially with all of the posts from "outside" members in the last few days. I do not wish to exclude others but rather ask them to be polite in their disagreements. This has been done in the past by other members without as much fanfare about their rants. I encourage all to voice their opinions but just think about what you are going to say before you say it. In all honesty, do you see any of us (1M members or others, etc.) going to M3post or a STI site, etc., etc. and blasting their cars and how they could have bought a Porsche or a Vette or whatever???

NO

So please do not do that on this site and if you do expect to get blasted for it. Espescially when you have such strong opinions about it. I think 1M owners and fellow enthusiasts have been very respectful of such people so far but I for one can say my patience is wearing thin, very thin.

Just my two cents.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

I think this should be the rule: if you don't already have a 1M, or have one ON ORDER, F**K OFF!!!! Your opinion is useless and you aren't likely to make any contributions.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by l888apex View Post
I think this should be the rule: if you don't already have a 1M, or have one ON ORDER, F**K OFF!!!! Your opinion is useless and you aren't likely to make any contributions.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep

Exactly. I mean, I am aware that it is probably to boost their "bruised" ego from all the press that the 1M has received. And quite honestly, the constant media comparisons of the 1M to the M3, although they hold some credible argument, really do not help. MOST, and I stress MOST buyers that ultimately purchased a 1M did not due so OVER an M3 but 'rather' than an M3.

Just for argument sake, the M3 at the time of my purchase (March '11) had a BMW Select Finance for Tier 1 with an APR of just 0.9%, as opposed to the 1M BMW Select Finance for Tier 1 WITH LOYALTY of 3.9%. Anyone with a high-school education and an IQ of over 90 can easily put together that after 60 months, the extra 3% paid in interest easily covers the $4-5K in added cost of a "mildy" equipped M3. So let's cut the "Cheap/Can't afford" bullsh*t argument out! Just to prove a point (of course if I really wanted to, which I don't ) I would sell my 1M and repost my purchase of an M3 so quit while your ahead angry M3 owner!!!!!

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jag XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post
I agree on all counts. Having just joined this forum for information (I don't own a 1M, just an E30) to help my brother buy one and not get hosed, I can clearly seen the disrespect thrown around between BMW owners and it makes me upset. I will have a vested interest in my brother's 1M when he get's it (basically I'll be it's second owner) and I will be here to stay in touch w/ the community because it's not important to him at all.

Cant we all just get along?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

I think it has become quite apparent why Jeremy Clarkson, while loving the M3 has generally disparaging remarks towards M3 owners!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
swaite
High School Dropout
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

First off, let me be clear and say that I love the 1M and hope that down the road I will be lucky enough to own one. Second, let me be the first to welcome you to the internet. People have opinions and this is an open forum. Get over it.
      06-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the polite introduction to the internet. I am so gracious, or just openly opinionated over your welcome

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

You guys need to study some history.

Those of us that were around in 2008 know exactly what you guys are going through. We swam through the same crap that you 1M guys are going through now. Just put up with it, theyll get bored and give up soon.

The 1 series just pisses off 3 series owners of all kinds for some reason. I have no idea why, but they hate it and they hate 1addicts.

It is fun to be on the outside of this right now tho.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaite View Post
First off, let me be clear and say that I love the 1M and hope that down the road I will be lucky enough to own one. Second, let me be the first to welcome you to the internet. People have opinions and this is an open forum. Get over it.
This is the kind of unnecessary post from unnecessary people that this place would clearly be better off without. Glad you like 1M's...until you get one, please stay in the 135i forum. Lurk here all you want, and even make constructive posts if you really want. Just because it's the internet, doesn't mean you should stick your e-dick everywhere you possibly can. I know it's the nature of the beast, but it is getting out of control in this section. I've been on many boards before and never seen anything like this. I don't think anyone enjoys trolls and negativity...this is a place where adults with high-end vehicles come to discuss things and mutually benefit each other. It's not the Harry Potter forum. I'm simply trying to fully understand my car and am tired of reading through bullshit cluttering up every thread to do so.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Complaining about people bashing the 1M while at the same time disparaging M3 and 135i owners...? BMW fans are by and large fans of alot of the different models. Trying to say one model's fan is superior to another model's fan is stupid. Report the trolls using the report function of the forum and otherwise enjoy the car