Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Pac BMW are a bunch of tool d-bags. Burn Pac BMW, Burn.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
scumbags...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

"Mileage: 309
[...] The world famous 1M Coupé is back in town as seen on YouTube!!
[...] We encourage the use of cell phones and cameras"

Has the marketing boy who wrote those phrases been living under a stone or in a cave for the past few months ?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

wait a sec?! VP76205??? referring back to Metak's registry, this is an older production car. Is THIS the car that was driven like SHIT?! oh boy, oh boy!!!

this....could get interesting...

EDIT:
and....it is!!!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...N#post10246632
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Oh snap! Here we go again lol
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Blue135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

That's a joke......
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Oh please don't let this end too soon...... I LOVE THIS SOAP
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
its california guys
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

LOL : )

I love the Jersey Shore crowd taking shots at California.....I love it! I haven't run across anyone here that calls himself "Muscles" anything.

Anyway, despite whatever TV misconceptions, I think Pacific are a bunch of tools BUT, let's face it, they are getting the money for them. The famous BSM youtube car got them 10K over and now that it's famous, they are asking more for it! Maybe they are tools but smart tools??

This car reminds me of a SNL skit that made fun of the media. At first some wacko shots a famous person, then they build him up as a celebrity, then the wacko gets killed and it's another media event complete with special coverage on the wacko's life including interviews of friends, etc.

So I guess now this car is famous...maybe for the wrong reasons, but look at Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Rob Lowe and now the Youtube sensation BSM 1M.

Crazy!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

Wow Really? I feel bad for who ever purchases this car.
I wish Pacific BMW would be cleared out and replaced.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep
Drives: SOLD: 2002 BMW M3, 2011 BMW 1M

I won't feel bad for a multi millionaire dropping change to own a true collector's....
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer22 View Post
I won't feel bad for a multi millionaire dropping change to own a true collector's....
You won't feel bad for the guy paying way over list for a "collector's car" which was unbeknownst to him borderline abused before he even bought it? I guess people that have money don't deserve a fair deal?

What about the guy that works for a living, as most guys here do? They don't deserve fair deals either I guess- BMW made and priced this car for them, partly to bring new people to the brand. But those guys are SOL- this dealer's not going to even give them a crack at a car.

BMW corporate SOL as well, as they get to watch their brand satisfaction numbers go down the toilet when honest people try to do the deal BMW advertised and are told "sorry, but you can't have that deal. He're a different deal for 30k over."

Everything about this deal stinks- it pisses customers off and hurts the brand. It's literally illegal in most countries. I realize you're a dealer: if you've convinced yourself this is remotely OK I think you've been warped by your profession beyond repair.
      11-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
You won't feel bad for the guy paying way over list for a "collector's car" which was unbeknownst to him borderline abused before he even bought it? I guess people that have money don't deserve a fair deal?

What about the guy that works for a living, as most guys here do? They don't deserve fair deals either I guess- BMW made and priced this car for them, partly to bring new people to the brand. But those guys are SOL- this dealer's not going to even give them a crack at a car.

BMW corporate SOL as well, as they get to watch their brand satisfaction numbers go down the toilet when honest people try to do the deal BMW advertised and are told "sorry, but you can't have that deal. He're a different deal for 30k over."

Everything about this deal stinks- it pisses customers off and hurts the brand. It's literally illegal in most countries. I realize you're a dealer: if you've convinced yourself this is remotely OK I think you've been warped by your profession beyond repair.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #15
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep

Quote:

We sold 4 1Ms at MSRP. And that's all we sold.

I'm ordering for 3 M5's at MSRP.

We don't mark up our cars. Some clients get amazing deals where the dealer actually loses $1500-$4000 on 1 car!!! Believe me the profit now comes mostly from parts and service. There is really no gross profit from car sales.

Corporate has taken over most dealerships and it's more for them and less for the employee.

Most and I mean more than 80% of sales people nowadays make an average of $200 per car sale. All bonuses are gone. Hours are extended.

We see record profits from the Dealer and from the Manufacturer and our pay continues to be lowered systematically. So any real money being made is really for the top.

Smaller version of 99% vs 1%

Sales people don't make as much as you think, and yes, there are some cheesy ass salespeople out there. I know because when I called around for the 1M, I couldn't believe my ears.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

This M1, sorry 1M is this some new car or someting? I've been hearing a lot about it latley on TMZ. Does Lady Gaga have one?
      11-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #17
icasio
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Pacific...what a joke. If I thought they were slimy before, this latest step is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #18
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer22 View Post
We sold 4 1Ms at MSRP. And that's all we sold.

We don't mark up our cars. Some clients get amazing deals where the dealer actually loses $1500-$4000 on 1 car!!! Believe me the profit now comes mostly from parts and service. There is really no gross profit from car sales.

Corporate has taken over most dealerships and it's more for them and less for the employee.

Most and I mean more than 80% of sales people nowadays make an average of $200 per car sale. All bonuses are gone. Hours are extended.

We see record profits from the Dealer and from the Manufacturer and our pay continues to be lowered systematically. So any real money being made is really for the top.

Smaller version of 99% vs 1%

Sales people don't make as much as you think, and yes, there are some cheesy ass salespeople out there. I know because when I called around for the 1M, I couldn't believe my ears.
First, I must congratulate the dealership on running an honest operation. Given the competition that's deeply appreciated.

Second, it seems to me that you of all people should be pissed off at Pacific BMW. These guys seem to be screwing you almost as much as their customers. They give dealers a bad name on every level- huge profit taking, terrible service, hurting BMW AG's image and reputation, outright lying. All of which has customers looking to anything they can to avoid dealers (auto-brokers, etc), which eventually means less money in your pocket.

I realize you're doing a getting a tough deal these days, especially getting lumped in with Pacific. But don't look for the silver lining in their practices by thinking that at least they are screwing rich people- these guys need to be shunned at much as possible it they are ever going to change their ways. I'd never consider buying anything from these guys, and I'd go far out of my way to insure their practices are not rewarded.

I wish I (or we as a board) could insure that whoever buys that car knows the history- the better business bureau at least should get a complaint on file for this kind of thing.
      11-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
icasio
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

They told me they would be showing the youtube clip to any potential buyers. Saying it and doing it are two different things, but with the sales pitch they seem to be taking on this car (referring to the "description" in the above listing), it doesn't appear as if they're going to hide anything about the car's history. They're embracing it and thinking they're going to make some dough on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
[QUOTE=Beemer22;10796610]We sold 4 1Ms at MSRP. And that's all we sold.

[QUOTE]

I would rather pay $100k for the new M5 v $80K for the 1M. then again I just paid $80K for two yrs of my daughters education. 3 more yrs to go

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #21
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep

Yes, Pacific and other dealerships are scumbags. My GM would never allow that. I can honestly say we really take care of clients there. My old co worker works at another BMW dealer less than 60 miles away from ours and he had to pay $6K over MSRP to get his 1M as employee. That sucks.

Quote:
First, I must congratulate the dealership on running an honest operation. Given the competition that's deeply appreciated.

Second, it seems to me that you of all people should be pissed off at Pacific BMW. These guys seem to be screwing you almost as much as their customers. They give dealers a bad name on every level- huge profit taking, terrible service, hurting BMW AG's image and reputation, outright lying. All of which has customers looking to anything they can to avoid dealers (auto-brokers, etc), which eventually means less money in your pocket.

I realize you're doing a getting a tough deal these days, especially getting lumped in with Pacific. But don't look for the silver lining in their practices by thinking that at least they are screwing rich people- these guys need to be shunned at much as possible it they are ever going to change their ways. I'd never consider buying anything from these guys, and I'd go far out of my way to insure their practices are not rewarded.

I wish I (or we as a board) could insure that whoever buys that car knows the history- the better business bureau at least should get a complaint on file for this kind of thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #22
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep

Quote:

Is this car used or what?? If there is any damage, they have to reveal it by law. Sometimes the cars coming into port of LA gets damaged, small fender nicks and such. We disclose to the client that the bumper of this car was replaced at the port. They have a bodyshop on the site and they repair the car and then have it trucked to us.
Appreciate 0