BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-17-2019, 03:23 AM   #1
dantesacco
Rep
Drives: 2008 E82 125I M-Sport

2008 E82 125I Infotainment Upgrade

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum but I have a little bit of trouble. I'm from Australia, therefore, right-hand drive. I recently bought an 2008 125i M-Sport Pack and it came with the basic screen controller in the centre console and the flip-up display on the dash. As my aux connection is legit trash and having Apple Carplay is a must for me, I'm wondering if there are any modern alternatives that somewhat integrate into the car that look factory without buying a double din fascia and cheap aftermarket head unit.

I'm looking for something similar to the AVIN USA head unit and controller setup but the controller only comes in a Left-Hand Drive format which is useless to me as I have a Right-Hand Drive Car. As there are many people that know far more than me about this stuff if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 05:45 AM   #2
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

The shipped with i call it "pseudo idrive" controller is crap, if you have an old 1-button CCC- Idrive Controller try to upgrade to the CIC-Idrive controller.

Chri
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
dantesacco
Rep
Drives: 2008 E82 125I M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
The shipped with i call it "pseudo idrive" controller is crap, if you have an old 1-button CCC- Idrive Controller try to upgrade to the CIC-Idrive controller.

Chri
if the ccc controller can be upgraded to the cic controller, can the avin usa screen work with the new cic controller.
and also i would need to find the surround to fit the new controller.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesacco View Post
if the ccc controller can be upgraded to the cic controller, can the avin usa screen work with the new cic controller.
and also i would need to find the surround to fit the new controller.
when you have already OEM navigation you probably don`t need the "pseudo controller", the Units support CCC and CIC (at least selectable on my E series Android Display)

Anyways the "Pseudo Controller" does look similar to the OEM controller but it has slightly different dimensions, it will not fit into the OEM Idrive mounting .
So you would need a complete center console base from the version without cupholder and then still have the issue that you have an RHD.

Depending on the the production date of you car it`s possible to upgrade to the CIC controller with an RHD plate for the controller.

But its still trail and error, because the mask/ccc software should not be too old and afaik coding is necessary.

If you still want do use the Pseudo controller you need to make a holder by yourself, for example with a 3D printer.

Chri
Appreciate 0