E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can we get an update from 325i owners: Any regrets about not getting the 330i?

11-27-2005, 09:17 AM   #45
tiga901
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i, mt pp sp

Ok, I confess...I regret not getting a stripped down 530i for the price that I paid for a loaded 330i...But I'm over it now. Love my 330i especialy in hard acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 09:21 AM   #46
r3amir
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X2

No regrets getting a 325i

It is a great car with an excellent engine
2006 325i Arctic Metallic
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 09:43 AM   #47
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
This is such a stupid debate, and I can't believe people keep dredging it up. If I wanted a "fast" and "powerful" car there are MANY better choices than BMW. The driving experience is much more than just pretending to have a large penis because you are able to pivot your weak little ankle and cause a machine to accelerate.

I would feel sorry for you poor bastards that attach your self esteem to what type of car you drive, and whether or not you're able to feel superior to other motorists. You must be very miserable when you're left with only your own company. I would... but I don't. Not my fault you parents didn't love you.

I have two 325's and love them both. I would add more options perhaps on a future purchase, but I doubt I would move up to the 330 unless it made better sense financially.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #48
flyinbrian
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
This is such a stupid debate, and I can't believe people keep dredging it up. If I wanted a "fast" and "powerful" car there are MANY better choices than BMW. The driving experience is much more than just pretending to have a large penis because you are able to pivot your weak little ankle and cause a machine to accelerate.

I would feel sorry for you poor bastards that attach your self esteem to what type of car you drive, and whether or not you're able to feel superior to other motorists. You must be very miserable when you're left with only your own company. I would... but I don't. Not my fault you parents didn't love you.

I have two 325's and love them both. I would add more options perhaps on a future purchase, but I doubt I would move up to the 330 unless it made better sense financially.
Go read another thread. BMW made the 325I and the 330I so why cant people discuss the pros, cons and there personal experiences between the two.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #49
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:

WTF???

Your post makes no sense. People are asking for opinions, why can't they give them. You don't like the debate, skip the thread.

I think it's silly to own two cars like you do that are so similiar. To me there are better and cheaper choices if you need a wagon. And I would spent the saved money on a 330i. But you know what...for you my opinion means squat (as it should).

So why let poeple bother you, who are giving opinions on a subject that others are asking about.

If I didn't know better I would say you have a touch of buyers remorse.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 10:59 AM   #50
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_strike
330 is faster, not because you can actually tell you drive it faster than a 325

but it feels faster at the stop light when you look at the 325 driver next to you.
My post was in response to the menatality of this jerk, along with his other post "and it has a 330 badge". Obviously a tiny little dork looking for some sense of self worth and expecting to feel a sense of superiority from buying a car. It's bad enough that people are snobs against non-BMW owners, but to be so desperate for attention to have to belittle the other E90 owners is juvinile. Anyone in a 5 series or 7 series could just as easily look down their nose at anyone in a fully loaded 330... so at what point do we achieve our manhood?

Most 325 vs. 330 threads here are a thinnly veiled attempt to allow the 330 crowd (just a few mind you, not all) to beat their chest. Anyone asking "what's the difference" could easily find out by picking up a brochure, or looking on the BMW web site.

For you new guys that want to jump all over me about my respones, so what. I've been reading threads just like this for six months.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:05 AM   #51
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro
WTF???

Your post makes no sense. People are asking for opinions, why can't they give them. You don't like the debate, skip the thread.

I think it's silly to own two cars like you do that are so similiar. To me there are better and cheaper choices if you need a wagon. And I would spent the saved money on a 330i. But you know what...for you my opinion means squat (as it should).

So why let poeple bother you, who are giving opinions on a subject that others are asking about.

If I didn't know better I would say you have a touch of buyers remorse.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like have two virtually identical cars. Having a 330 and a beater is better than two 325's? You are right about letting people bother me. I can only tolerate so much stupidity before I get sucked in to the argument... a character flaw that I admit. Rather than two 325's I could have put the same money into a loaded 6 series and looked down my nose at all the "little 3 series people". That would make me better?

Buyer's remorse? Not at all. Given the same choices I would still buy 325s. And most likely will again.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:13 AM   #52
flyinbrian
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My post was in response to the menatality of this jerk, along with his other post "and it has a 330 badge". Obviously a tiny little dork looking for some sense of self worth and expecting to feel a sense of superiority from buying a car. It's bad enough that people are snobs against non-BMW owners, but to be so desperate for attention to have to belittle the other E90 owners is juvinile. Anyone in a 5 series or 7 series could just as easily look down their nose at anyone in a fully loaded 330... so at what point do we achieve our manhood?

Most 325 vs. 330 threads here are a thinnly veiled attempt to allow the 330 crowd (just a few mind you, not all) to beat their chest. Anyone asking "what's the difference" could easily find out by picking up a brochure, or looking on the BMW web site.

For you new guys that want to jump all over me about my respones, so what. I've been reading threads just like this for six months.
So stop reading them. Many of us just want to find out info and other peoples opinions. It seems like you are jumping all over everyone. I think a discussion about two different models is very relavent. I agree with peakpro "buyers remorse", dont hate the 330I as I dont hate the 325I. They both have great attributes for different buyers. Someone buying a 330I is not reason to thank they have low self esteem or buying it because of as you say "penis size". I believe some could be on the fence between which one to get and might just want to hear others opinions.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #53
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
flyinbrian - my response was prompted (as usual) by one or two individuals and not targeted at 330 owners. If the 330 is the car someone wants - they absolutely should buy it! There is a lot to be said for it, especially if you plan to load the 325 with all the options and approach the same sticker price. For me, it was the fuel economy and practicality of the 16" all seasons. I've had performance oriented cars with sports packages and large low profile tires and don't like them. I'm still jealous of those who can have them because their pretty - just not practical for my driving needs.

I harbor no ill feeling toward my E90 brethren who have 330's. I just don't like the ones that feel that makes them superior. A lot of people can "just afford" their 325i and are proud to own it. Some jerk trying to take the wind out of their sails pisses me off, that's all. Those are the folks that give BMW owners the bad reputation.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #54
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Ok fellas, can you please stop arguing for arguments sake.. lame. This is a good thread, don't take it down the roadfly path. Thank you.
      11-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #55
flyinbrian
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
flyinbrian - my response was prompted (as usual) by one or two individuals and not targeted at 330 owners. If the 330 is the car someone wants - they absolutely should buy it! There is a lot to be said for it, especially if you plan to load the 325 with all the options and approach the same sticker price. For me, it was the fuel economy and practicality of the 16" all seasons. I've had performance oriented cars with sports packages and large low profile tires and don't like them. I'm still jealous of those who can have them because their pretty - just not practical for my driving needs.

I harbor no ill feeling toward my E90 brethren who have 330's. I just don't like the ones that feel that makes them superior. A lot of people can "just afford" their 325i and are proud to own it. Some jerk trying to take the wind out of their sails pisses me off, that's all. Those are the folks that give BMW owners the bad reputation.
No problem, I understand your side of it. Sometimes things and attitudes get lost in the many words written here. I hope to have my new car soon, and I hope to enjoy it as much as others on this board enjoy their's. There seems to be a lot of passion amongst BMW owners.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #56
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like have two virtually identical cars. Having a 330 and a beater is better than two 325's? You are right about letting people bother me. I can only tolerate so much stupidity before I get sucked in to the argument... a character flaw that I admit. Rather than two 325's I could have put the same money into a loaded 6 series and looked down my nose at all the "little 3 series people". That would make me better?

Buyer's remorse? Not at all. Given the same choices I would still buy 325s. And most likely will again.

I was thinking more of a 330i and a Subie outback. But that's another discussion for another time.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:58 AM   #57
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

I'm very pleased with my 325xi. There is plenty of power, and this is from someone who spent the summer in a 250hp Subaru Turbo. I don't like spending money on things I don't need, like a sunroof and electric seats. I like the 16" size for comfort in my daily commute. This is a perfect car that I hope to own for years. I feel very lucky to own this car.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #58
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro
I was thinking more of a 330i and a Subie outback. But that's another discussion for another time.
It's that passion that gets one past the cost of owning and maintaining one!

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #59
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

In these instances I agree with you with your stance.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #60
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
As the starter of this thread, I was asking others' opinions of their 325i's to see if they were in a state of regret over not getting the 330i.

This was not intended to be nor did it really turn into a 325i v. 330i debate. (BTW, while that discussion has been overdone, it's certainly not "Stupid")

So, I ended up going with the 325i (man trans) and I have no regrets. How car you have regrets about owning such a fine machine?

HOWEVER, I often feel at a loss in the power department. This car would be a dream with an extra 100hp or so.

But again, there is no regret, because I simply couldn't afford a new 330i, 335i, or M3.

Maybe in eight years, I'll pick up a nice CPO M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #61
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 325i, 08 328xi

I’m mad about the slashed lease prices/periods after I leased my 325, but I’ve since partially vented :mad: . I wish I could have gotten the 330, or the 530 or 550 or 750 etc…. But I could afford the 325, and I am happy with my choice. For my driving needs, it’s perfect. I do covet the 330 17” wheels though…

06 325i. IT'S HERE!- 08 E92 328xi, Premium, Auto, Cold- Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 02:34 PM   #62
Synikal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

For me; a college student, its awesome. Its not fully loaded, but with premium package and heated seats, that's all I really wanted. My former BMW a 2003 E39 525i felt outdated, but this is nice and neat, something to get me around campus/town. Plus, its something to look forward to, the new M3 is just around the corner. I'm already on the list.

Here are some pictures of my E39:
http://members.cox.net/atanasovski/100_0896.JPG
http://members.cox.net/atanasovski/100_0897.JPG
      11-27-2005, 03:16 PM   #63
zdognaylor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i electric red

I like to fondle my 325i as often as possible just waiting for the Dinan ECU upgrade
      11-27-2005, 04:03 PM   #64
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
Ok fellas, can you please stop arguing for arguments sake.. lame. This is a good thread, don't take it down the roadfly path. Thank you.

Yeah guys, enough already!

Sorry, I just love any opportunity to use that smiley!

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 04:09 PM   #65
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

Threads like this prompted me to ask if there is a serious mail group for the E-90 cars. It appears that his forum is going to hades in a hand basket!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 04:10 PM   #66
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Just wait, in about a year's time I'll be starting a thread on whether current 330i owners regret not getting the 335i...
2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0