BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
AutoNeurosis
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is Cabrio

2013 135is Convertible DCT 24k Miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Ended up selling to webuyanycar - actually got 22500- pretty happy with that. So the question - very surprised car got NO response on clist or here. DCT a curse? or what...out of sheer curiosity?

$21500 or best offer
24500 miles
clean fax and no paint work/accidents
former cpo just expired

I have a 2013 135is Convertible DCT that to my knowledge is pretty much loaded - with the nice touch of the aluminum trim and blue stitching. Clean carfax and no accidents or bodywork.

My wife and i bought this as a third car CPO'd (expired this month) - recently picked up a Porsche Boxster so we are going to replace this car with a 3series GT. I will post more pictures - the car is getting detailed. We have had no issues and really enjoyed the car - i would call the car in excellent condition overall with a ding on the right rear quarter (might be pulled out with the detail) as well as a scrape on the driver door interior that maybe pulls it down to very good.

I pulled the junk runflats off and put on kuhmo performance tires and the car rides so much better - threw a fix a flat pack in the back.

I have both a stock 135 muffler on as well as the motorsport muffler. The motorsport muffler sounds amazing but droned on highway a bit too much for us. Ill put on whatever the buyer wants and you can have the other.

The car has a small payoff with my credit union.

Options: Also attached via pdf.
Msrp: $56k (whoah)
Carbon Black Metallic
Boston Leather Blue Stitching
premium package
tech package
135is configuration (sport susp, exclusive wheels, shadow line)
Heated Seats
HK Audio

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 135is.pdf (96.6 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by AutoNeurosis; 08-22-2018 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
AutoNeurosis
Rep

Bump - new front rotors (a bit of warping but figured i would do it) and new rear tires going on this week so car needs nothing. More pics coming.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
AutoNeurosis
Rep

bumpasauras
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #4
AutoNeurosis
Rep

ended up selling to webuyanycar - actually got 22500- pretty happy with that. So the question - very surprised car got NO response on clist or here. DCT a curse? or what...out of sheer curiosity?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
vtown
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

My $0.02
I was actually a bit interested myself, looking for a DCT 135 vert.
Couple things stopped me from contacting you:
1)Biggest problem for me is it's black-looks good new but it's f-ing hot and it shows every ding, scratch, and dirt particle (after 2nd black BMW I swore never again)
2)you are over 8 hours from me. it makes it a pain in the ass to look at, pay for, and get the car home

The DCT is probably a negative for a fair amount of the enthusiasts on this board as well. I personally wanted a 6MT, but wife wants to share this car and said no MT :-( DCT a good compromise.

Overall, I think it's just hard to sell used cars for over 20K on the private market. A lot of people don't have $20K cash. Once you need to finance, it's easier to buy from a dealer.

Last edited by vtown; 08-23-2018 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
AutoNeurosis
Rep

VTOWN -

I hear ya on the black FOR sure. What a pain the ass. Carbon black looks great when clean...which was a rarity.

Re DCT - I was in the same boat as you. Spend a good bit of time test driving a dct. My wife and I ended up loathing it. the plan was she was going to split duties with our Porsche Cayenne on sunny days and commute with that and she grew very tired of its constant confusion of what gear its in. I grew tired of it as well. If I did it all over again I would get a 135 pre dct - love the car just couldn't do the dct.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
bm996tt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Overall most do not want a convertible or auto when it comes to a sports car. The prices are holding steady and will climb over time for clean low mile examples= especially when stock or very close. Just my opinions from over 40 years of playing the car game. You got a good price considering the buyer.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #8
vtown
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNeurosis View Post
VTOWN -

Re DCT - I was in the same boat as you. Spend a good bit of time test driving a dct. My wife and I ended up loathing it. the plan was she was going to split duties with our Porsche Cayenne on sunny days and commute with that and she grew very tired of its constant confusion of what gear its in. I grew tired of it as well. If I did it all over again I would get a 135 pre dct - love the car just couldn't do the dct.
Well crap. I test drove one and it seemed ok, albeit it was only a 15 min drive. Was a bit strange off the line, not really worse than a regular auto.

Seemed more responsive on the highway, crisp shifts.

thx
Can you elaborate more why you advocate against it?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 03:49 PM   #9
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
That's a shame, I'm sure it could have gone for more.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #10
AutoNeurosis
Rep

MGM - yeah that was my thought but 30 days on here and craiglist with not ONE email or response. I have sold many of my Porsches in 30 days for what I want - thought the 135is was special enough but maybe the DCT killed it.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #11
AutoNeurosis
Rep

@ VTown

So I went into the dct thing already knowing some of the cristicisms. Test drove it and thought "hey, this is good? whats all the fuss about?" Honestly I may have been just smitten with the power and overall fun nature of the 135.

Positives of DCT.

1. Highway for the most part is good - you jump in the left lane put a decent amount of travel in pedal and lots of power. The car actually was great on the highway because there isn't much dramatic speed change (if no traffic) or catching the DCT off guard when it gets confused.
2. If your on it and driving spirited it does pretty good because it knows what you want because your banging thru gears or punching the brake so it rips the down shifts.
3. Using paddles is obviously good - DCT dosent have to make any choices for you.

Negatives:
1. Every take off from a standstill is herky jerky. Its not much better in a 2009 porsche PDK but I think a little turbo lag compounds it. Its just generation one DCT stuff...and remember they dropped the dct after two years and went to ZF in 2 series....so? There is a cheat that improves it...pull the paddle to gear to 2 and starts MUCH better. But do you want to do that all the time? My wife thought that was silly.
2. Stop and go traffic. Repeat one a hundred times. Its annoying...even for me. My wife stopped commuting in it.
3. This was a big annoyance for me....Partial lift off and back on throttle situations...Coming out of ft Pitt tunnels in Pgh there is a sweeping uphill on 376. There are a lot of exits so some of the lanes will get clogged as slower moving traffic moves on and off highway. So you usually ride a lane and then jump into another lane to pull away from all the entrance/exit ramps. Every time no fail - I would jump to the left lane from center lane put my foot down and nothing....1 second....2 second...and then it jumps down a couple gears herky jerky throw my head back and blast off. My sisters m235 or ram with ZF just drops a couple and smoothly delivers the power. My manual Boxster...well...yeah.

Vtown, this is just my opinion. If this was my only "fun" car maybe I would feel fine with the compromises, you know? but I felt like it was cool car hampered by it and I have driven the previous gen auto and would be happier with that. Just try to do some extended test drives that aren't just driving aggressively to see if these other situations might cut down on your satisfaction. Then go drive a 135 2011 or older with torque converter automatic, or I was fine with 128 its a classic awesome bmw engine just couldn't find one with msport,and see what you think!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 11:32 AM   #12
vtown
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the write up. Truth be told, I did notice a bit of that jerky-ness from a stop, as well as its confusion with on/off/on throttle application in traffic situations. Hoped it was an anomaly...doesn't sound like it though.

Cheers!
Carl
Appreciate 0