BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Dodo Juice Pictures, Reviews and Sales Promo at Detailed Image

When it comes to choosing which auto detailing products to use on your vehicle there are many options, sometimes TOO many options to make a clear decision. While some products often receive a lot of hype, some live up to the hype, but many don't. I know many enthusiasts can be skeptical about spending up to a couple hundred dollars (or more) on a wax. If the wax doesn't live up to what it says, it can be a major disappointment and sometimes a waste of money.

I wanted to share with all of you some of my first hand experience with some Dodo Juice products, as well as some results some of our new Dodo Juice customers.

I'll start off by showing some end results of a long detail performed on a Ferrari 360 Spyder. The last two steps the paint received was an application of Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite, a pre-wax cleaner that helps add gloss and depth to the paint and provide an ideal surface for the Dodo Juice Waxes. After DJ LPL, I opted for Dodo Juice's premium wax, Supernatural.

I also have a short video on the Dodo Juice Supernatural page, which includes the pictures above as well as two small video segments which shows how the paint looks as you walk around the car.

My thoughts on Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite
Many pre-wax cleansers are very similar and accomplish similar things, help prep the paint for an application of wax and add some depth and gloss with some of the oils left behind. I found that DJ LPL spread very thin and was easy to tell which areas I had applied and didn't apply. When I first started to remove LPL, I struggled a little. It required some elbow grease to remove, which was the last thing I wanted to do after polishing the paint for so long. What I did was take some cold distilled water, gave a quick mist to my towel, wiped LPL, then took a second towel to ensure no product or streaks were left behind. This worked like a charm and I enjoyed using the product. I applied LPL by hand on the Ferrari, but next time around I'd like to try it with a buffer.

My thoughts on Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax
Supernatural has a softer texture as you can apply the wax with a foam applicator pad or with your bare hands. I tested both methods on the Ferrari and both worked very well. I enjoyed applying the wax by hand, but it was messier and I used noticeably more product than when I applied the wax with a foam applicator pad. The product spread very easily and best of all removed super easy and very clean. This was one of the easiest waxes I've worked with in terms of the removal process. Looks wise, the pictures speak for themselves and I'll post some more below. Supernatural is by far our best looking wax we have to offer at Detailed Image. In terms of protection, Supernatural offers some very tight beading, which makes sheeting water during a maintenance wash a breeze. Maintaining your vehicle should be very easy when Dodo is protecting your paint.

Overall, I was very impressed with the results of Dodo Juice Supernatural. Even when compared to other high end waxes I've used in the past, including Zymol Vintage which sells for nearly 10x more, Dodo deserves recognition as being a contender in the high end wax market at a reasonable price.

Dodo Juice Supernatural on a Hellrot Z4
Here's a customers first impressions on Dodo Juice Supernatural as he picked up a sample pot. Full review can be found here on e46fanatics
"LSP?.... My new sample of Dodo Supernatural. My god is this stuff awesome. Much better than the P21S I have been using up until now. Just hope it lasts long!"

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet on Jet Black 540
A nice shot of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet in action, originating from here

Dodo Juice Rubbish Boy's Juiced Edition
Here was a recent customer review of Dodo Juice Rubbish Boy's Juiced Edition Wax. Original post was from e90post.

Quote:
I got my package from Detailed Image today (thanks guys!) and had to try out my new products. I got the Dodo Juice Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition wax. That stuff smells incredible! ...

The results speak for themselves in the pictures. Overall, the car has a deep shine with a wet appearance. I've never seen the paint on this car look so spectacular!

Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub on BMW e-mailed in
Some pictures of Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub on a metallic green BMW.

Dodo Juice Promo until 9/29/08

From now until the end of Monday 9/29/08 EST, if you spend $40 or more in Dodo Juice products, we are offering a $15 credit. Click here for full details.

If you have any questions on anything regarding the Dodo Juice line or anything detailing related, please do not hesitate to ask!

Cheers,

Greg @ Detailed Image
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Customer review of Dodo Juice Purple Haze:
Ok, here are some pictures I took today, but I applied the DODO JUICE PURPLE HAZE last week(one coat for now). Amazing stuff. I applied by hand and made sure I removed it within 5-10 minutes working small areas at a time. Took me about 2 hours to do the whole car. I applied it very thin and hardly used any at all. No wax residue, so you can blob it on all your rubber parts as well. I'm gonna guess that there are 15-20 applications in this jar. The product feels like butter with some kind of almost sandy gritty polymers in there. I say butter, because when you touch it with your fingers it literally melts. The melting point must be really low and these polymers disappear when you rub your fingers together. It is unlike any wax I have ever used and smells so good I'm tempted to put a birthday candle in the jar and stick it on my nightstand

Thank you DETAILED IMAGE!!!!!

Original post and a couple more images here
Appreciate 0