BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Vorshlag Camber Plates for 1M OE or Sport Springs

Vorshlag camber/caster plates are designed to be compatible OE or Sport style springs and all strut types. Vorshlag make numerous variations of this plate and accompanying perches to work with your set-up and we have most of the popular ones in stock. The Vorshlag upper perches allow us to add a sealed radial bearing that isolates the spherical bearing in the camber plate from radial turning loads of of the strut shaft during steering inputs. This is part of why our plates last the lifetime of the car!

*Compatible OE or Sport springs.
*Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
*Plates are designed specifically for BMW E82 1M and E9x M3.
*Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
*Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple (metric) hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench to tighten.
*The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate on the market. The result is much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
*Designed for maximum suspension travel (bump travel). More than an inch more strut travel than some of our competitors' designs.
*Alloy steel bearing holder - Tough as a German Tank!
*Aluminum alloy main plate for lighter weight, engraved and fully anodized
*All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
*Maximum negative camber setting depends on caster setting, ride height, and is ultimately limited by the strut tower opening on these chassis. The E82/90/92 strut tower hole is more restrictive than previous generation BMWs. *Expect to get -2° to -3.5° max camber, depending on ride height.

Available now!

Installation instructions:

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Vorshlag...9801&k=T8sC2qT

$635

Oder here:

https://hpautosport.com/product/vors...r-coilovers-2/
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 07-09-2023 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Harold -

Good stuff!

How do the stack heights compare?

Neil
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
Harold -

Good stuff!

How do the stack heights compare?

Neil
Neil,

There is very little difference between the two so ride height is not affected.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Shipping now!

OE or Sport spring and KW V-3 all in stock!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
4thM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp. Alp. White

Harold,
Had my new Vorshlags installed on Friday. So far really happy with the improved turn in and feel. Thanks for the quick delivery as always. Have a 3 day event at Thunderhill this weekend. Anxious to see how the improved turn in is on the track.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thM3 View Post
Harold,
Had my new Vorshlags installed on Friday. So far really happy with the improved turn in and feel. Thanks for the quick delivery as always. Have a 3 day event at Thunderhill this weekend. Anxious to see how the improved turn in is on the track.
Please report back and share your feedbacks with the community.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks
Because of higher than expected demand all E8x/E9x camber plates are on back order until Feb. 18th.
:-)
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 01:50 AM   #8
4thM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp. Alp. White

Apologies for the delayed response. Camber plates made huge improvement in on track behavior. Much more neutral and much crisper turn in. I run a staggered setup on the track and the increased negative camber really helps the balance and predictability. No degradation in ride quality and no increase in noise or harshness.

A no brainier improvement IMHO. beautiful fabrication quality as well. Too bad they are invisible after installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

How much camber are you running?
Streetable without clunking or creaking?
Thanks ...

Last edited by ayao; 01-31-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Apologies for the delayed response. Camber plates made huge improvement in on track behavior. Much more neutral and much crisper turn in. I run a staggered setup on the track and the increased negative camber really helps the balance and predictability. No degradation in ride quality and no increase in noise or harshness.

A no brainier improvement IMHO. beautiful fabrication quality as well. Too bad they are invisible after installed.
Thanks for the feedback. Should have mine in a couple of weeks. I'm also running a staggered setup.

How much Negative camber are you runnin?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
How much camber are you running?
Streetable without clunking or creaking?
Thanks ...

OMG. no.. please see the installation instructions thread link above.. these arent cheap plates. no thunk, clunk, bump, squeak or creak. As a matter of fact the design even allowed the factory rubber isolation rings to be used to ensure no squeaks. There is not a single negative drawback to these other than the purchase and installation expense. I am currently running -2.3 degrees camber (the max is -2.8) on a car that is completely stock otherwise.. With stock wheels and tires there is really no difference in ride on the street other than increased turn in, depending on where you have them set.

I autocross so the -2.3 setting is a good set it and leave it setting for me.. I would probably aim to set them up around -2.0 as a slightly more optimal " aggressive street " setting. When running super sticky tires like RS-3s on the street, the car is a bit darty at -2.3 for the street. Again.. with the stock tires, this dartiness is on not there. The RS-3s already have an incredible turn in feel.. so lots of camber becomes synergistic.... Autocross or track warriors that that run often will jack up the car and max out the camber for the track or autocross and set it back to a more roadworthy setting before they return home. it only takes a few minutes and simple tools to change settings.

Quote:

I'll echo some of the others.. what level of camber are you running on track?

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-26-2013 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 1M

Well, just bought the camber plates. can't wait to get them on the car before my next event.

Rgds,
11' BMW 1M
15' Mercedes GL 350 (wife's daily)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
OMG. no.. please see the installation instructions thread link above.. these arent cheap plates. no thunk, clunk, bump, squeak or creak. As a matter of fact the design even allowed the factory rubber isolation rings to be used to ensure no squeaks. There is not a single negative drawback to these other than the purchase and installation expense. I am currently running -2.3 degrees camber (the max is -2.8) on a car that is completely stock otherwise.. With stock wheels and tires there is really no difference in ride on the street other than increased turn in, depending on where you have them set.

I autocross so the -2.3 setting is a good set it and leave it setting for me.. I would probably aim to set them up around -2.0 as a slightly more optimal " aggressive street " setting. When running super sticky tires like RS-3s on the street, the car is a bit darty at -2.3 for the street. Again.. with the stock tires, this dartiness is on not there. The RS-3s already have an incredible turn in feel.. so lots of camber becomes synergistic.... Autocross or track warriors that that run often will jack up the car and max out the camber for the track or autocross and set it back to a more roadworthy setting before they return home. it only takes a few minutes and simple tools to change settings.

I'll echo some of the others.. what level of camber are you running on track?
Mark and Harold,

What camber would you guys recommend with these plates for an otherwise stock car, street/highway and back road use only with PSS instead of PS2 tires in stock staggered sizes? I really can't afford the slightest drop from the stock ride height as well.

-2.0 maybe?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 02-27-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #14
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Mark and Harold,

What camber would you guys recommend with these plates for an otherwise stock car, street/highway and back road use only with PSS instead of PS2 tires in stock staggered sizes? I really can't afford the slightest drop from the stock ride height as well.

-2.0 maybe?
-2.0 is too much if you on the highway most of the time. If you are on the back roads more, -2.0 is okay. Set it at -1.5 otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
-2.0 is too much if you on the highway most of the time. If you are on the back roads more, -2.0 is okay. Set it at -1.5 otherwise.
Thanks Harold, I am sending you a PM on these and a few other stuff.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post

Agree. The front tires really wear very well during normal driving in a straight line. It's only under high performance driving that they suffer, and I mean they REALLY suffer. If you frequently tear around on the street on 270 degree on ramps and back roads often then 2.0 should be good. But 1.5 is probably perfect for a daily driver car that will just see the track or autocross a few times a year. Terry at Vorshlag set up mine for what is a very aggressive street setting, but my car is a complete weekend car. It either goes to an autocross or a track or some sort of spirited driving probably 75% of the time it leaves the garage.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
ayao
Thread killer
Rep

Don't some people get almost -1.5 stock?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Don't some people get almost -1.5 stock?
Yes, after lowering the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #19
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Just ordered a set. Very excited and curious to see how they will change my mostly stock(ish) car. I may play around -1.5 to -2.0 untill I find what is best for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
ayao
Thread killer
Rep

Must ... pull ... the ... trigger ...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #21
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Good God, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #22
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Are the Camber Plates in stock again?
Appreciate 0