BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Audi's cool new Dynamic Turn signals...

As all of you know... I am not an Audi fanboy... but I sure am impressed by their tail light design. Have a look for yourself. I saw my first car on the Autobahn the other day... and no it wasn't a werkstestwagen... it was a privately owned auto... so these dynamic tail lights are now in production.

Meanwhile... looks like we will have to wait for the next bmw lci to see what bmw decides to give "us".

Dack

New tails on the LEFT side, old tail light on the right... (btw this TDi also has active sound design, thats why its V6 TDi sounds like a V8! )

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Looks like MB soon with have them too. I heard only the AMG GT also has them so far. Here is a MB concept car at the IAA Frankfurt last year.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Looks like MB soon with have them too. I heard only the AMG GT also has them so far. Here is a MB concept car at the IAA Frankfurt last year.

Looks like this style of function for turn signals will be the new "standard" eventually. I really like the MB Concept Coupe turn signals that work in this manner. BMW will have to come up with an LCI quick in order to stay in line with the competiton.

I remember when I first saw the Ford Mustang implement this type of function for their standard rear turn signals years ago, and I was thinking, damn I like that and would like for my car (X6 at the time) to have something similar.

Looks like it's catching on now.
      11-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Great, lovely, whoo whoo. Tell you what, when BMW can come up with a water pump that lasts more than 50k miles, or bearings that don't decide to evacuate themselves from the motor before 60k miles, than they can spend some R&D time on some ridiculously overdone taillights that don't really benefit anything.

*bitter*
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:46 AM   #5
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Looks like this style of function for turn signals will be the new "standard" eventually. I really like the MB Concept Coupe turn signals that work in this manner. BMW will have to come up with an LCI quick in order to stay in line with the competiton.

I remember when I first saw the Ford Mustang implement this type of function for their standard rear turn signals years ago, and I was thinking, damn I like that and would like for my car (X6 at the time) to have something similar.

Looks like it's catching on now.
Hate to tell you this, but FoMoCo cribbed the Mustang's sequential turn signals from it's own 1967 Mercury Cougar.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Hate to tell you this, but FoMoCo cribbed the Mustang's sequential turn signals from it's own 1967 Mercury Cougar.
This is good to know! Thanks for the info. I guess we don't see too many cars from the 60's around here, and the car you mentioned was produced WAY before I was born, so I guess this "retro" sequential signal light notion was around far longer than I initially thought!

Either way, I like how it looks and works. Not only does it have a "cool" factor to it, but I believe it works pretty well in improving safety and or situational awareness to other drivers on the road.
      11-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #7
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

They remind me of the Mustang sequential turn signals.

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I like these a lot. I find them a bit distracting for other drivers though ( my eyes are always drawn to these when I am on the road so I guess I'm just speaking for myself when I say that)
Appreciate 0