BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #67
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Evaluating and understanding the fossil record and a geologic record is not ideology, not partisanship, nor speculation, it is real science. Developing climate models that predict the outcome of what the Left wants predicted to "prove" climate change is ideology. Basing economic regulation on bought science is ideology.

And exactly how is gun ownership an issue wanting to be "pushed", when it is already settled by the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution? You lost me on that one...
Sorry, should've used "control" instead of "ownership". That was my mistake. Obviously there is nothing wrong with wanting to own or owning a gun.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #68
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

For every misguided liberal who thinks that driving a Chevy Silverado is an enormous threat to society, I can find a misguided conservative who thinks not saying a prayer in public school is an enormous threat to society.

And I hate to say it, but that Gruber guy is right. Voters tend to be misinformed. He simply said what most of us already know.

"The best case against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with your average voter".
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #69
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
For every misguided liberal who thinks that driving a Chevy Silverado is an enormous threat to society, I can find a misguided conservative who thinks not saying a prayer in public school is an enormous threat to society.

And I hate to say it, but that Gruber guy is right. Voters tend to be misinformed. He simply said what most of us already know.

"The best case against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with your average voter".
+1

I was just having this conversation with someone the other day.Democracy on paper is a great thing, but the way autocracy if done right can be supremely effective is something democracy will never achieve especially in a country with a large and diverse population like the US. Let's be honest; you can never please everyone and democracy attempts to please everyone and ends up not being effective at all. The best case is to have an autocratic environment that tries to achieve a utopian environment for its people
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #70
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
+1

I was just having this conversation with someone the other day.Democracy on paper is a great thing, but the way autocracy if done right can be supremely effective is something democracy will never achieve especially in a country with a large and diverse population like the US. Let's be honest; you can never please everyone and democracy attempts to please everyone and ends up not being effective at all. The best case is to have an autocratic environment that tries to achieve a utopian environment for its people
Dude, it's a REPRESENTATIVE Democracy, that's what you Libs keep forgetting... If you want an autocratic government, then change the Constitution; don't put a guy in the White House who's half a minority (who has no family legacy the US slave trade) to ignore the Constitution and act like a Dictator just because he'll pull the race card if he gets impeached.
Appreciate 0