BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-18-2023, 07:00 PM   #1
bmw_mayur
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i 2008

Bluetooth Control Module CCAD06LP1610T3

I have a BMW 2008 128i. I did not purchase the bluetooth option.

Recently my trunk was flooded with water and I lost AUX capability.
The USB next to AUX has also lost power.
They audio system goes into AUX mode, but does not play any sound.

I removed to floor panel of the trunk to see the following module
Bluetooth Control Module CCAD06LP1610T3. This was completely soaked in water, and think I might have damaged it.

I was surprised to see the module as I had not purchased the bluetooth option. Does anyone know what other functionality is provided by the CCAD06LP1610T3. Is the AUX audio processed through it.

Since the incident I have been hearing static (soft popping) sound in the speaker (every 2 seconds). The sound syncs with a red blinking light on the power connector to the unit.

The sound is not loud but get very annoying after a while. I would like to get AUX capability back. But most importantly would like to get rid of the popping sound.
Would replacing the Bluetooth Control Module CCAD06LP1610T3 solve the problem. Its about 100-150$ for used one, so not that cheap
Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Appreciate 0