BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #133
jt328i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserk18 View Post
I'm not sure if these pictures have already been posted here, but it gives an interesting angle and better perspective of the width.

For the record I think this thing is gonna be smokin!! :roundel:

Credit where due (http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/06...rly-july.html)
Good point, bruiserk18. If you look at the dimensions quoted in the UK press release: 4360mm long and 1934mm wide and compare it to an E46 M3: 4492mm long and 1780mm wide, I think the proporations are going to be awesome. I think many of the pictures and videos that we're seeing must be distorted somehow cause the car looks tall and thin in so many of them.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 10:06 PM   #134
larry lawless
excellence
Rep
Drives:

Like i said before this car just keeps getting better and better and i can't wait to park it outside next to my e30
      06-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #135
ice13water
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

white photoshop please thankyou
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #136
Kompakt
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Thats Kompakt alright
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #137
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
GOD YES!! YES!! YES!! DID I SAY YES? THIS CAR JUST GOT SOO MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE!!! THIS MADE MY DAY. HONESTLY. NOW I JUST WISH YOU NEWBIES ON HERE WOULD STOP PISSING ME OFF WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY. KEEP THEM TO YOURSELVES UNTIL THE OFFICIAL PICS. THATS WHAT IM DOING WITH MINE FROM HERE ON OUT.
Uhhhh....it is a public forum. You don't have to read if you don't want to. Glad you like it, but it seems many at this point do not. This doesn't have to be a circle jerk, it is where people discuss things, including conflicting opinions.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #138
Deutsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I'm still doing my best to hold out to make judgments until I see official pics, though I have a tsunami of thoughts flooding my head at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #139
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Uhhhh....it is a public forum. You don't have to read if you don't want to. Glad you like it, but it seems many at this point do not. This doesn't have to be a circle jerk, it is where people discuss things, including conflicting opinions.
Honestly, the opinions of those that were here for sometime means more to me than those who lurked and decided to jump in when the tape was 90 percent off. Whether their opinions is negative or not I respect it more.(mainly b/c they contributed when there was nothing close to official info)
      06-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #140
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Honestly, the opinions of those that were here for sometime means more to me than those who lurked and decided to jump in when the tape was 90 percent off. Whether their opinions is negative or not I respect it more.(mainly b/c they contributed when there was nothing close to official info)
I'm with you, 2K. I don't mind people commenting on what they don't like, but new guys coming in and slamming it just as it gets launched, when a number of us have been around for quite a while, kind of ruins the party.

People are, of course, welcome to say whatever, but don't expect a warm welcome if you can only weigh in with criticism and can't really grasp what this car is going to be all about...

This isn't a feel-good site, but it is an enthusiast site. If you're not at all enthusiastic about what BMW is putting on the table, go whine about it somewhere else...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #141
imported_gear_shift
Rep
Drives:

What i'm really interested now is seeing the weight figures...

My 120d weights in at 1415kg (EU laden)... hopefully the 123d doesn't go beyond 1450kgs...

An ECU flash in this baby should be something special. My 120d already delivers 210hp and 290 lbs/ft (a bit of soot...)...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 07:58 AM   #142
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

123d will probably be as torquee as chipped 135, it will be awesome for city/highway// acceleration wont be 135 levels but it will be a QUICK and VERY economic car..
Too bad US wont get it initially... Hopefully 2010
chipped 135 will be a SICK LITTLE MONSTER (probably as fast as 911 in straight line...
Those who are talking wheels - Lets hope we can thjrow some wide lightweight forged wheels and hopefully we can go 265 width in the back and 245 in the fronts...
That should give it enough traciton to handle 300-400 HP/torque..
One_shot - 135 will be a legend, whether people like the basic wheels on 128 or not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear_shift View Post
What i'm really interested now is seeing the weight figures...

My 120d weights in at 1415kg (EU laden)... hopefully the 123d doesn't go beyond 1450kgs...

An ECU flash in this baby should be something special. My 120d already delivers 210hp and 290 lbs/ft (a bit of soot...)...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #143
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
I'm with you, 2K. I don't mind people commenting on what they don't like, but new guys coming in and slamming it just as it gets launched, when a number of us have been around for quite a while, kind of ruins the party.

People are, of course, welcome to say whatever, but don't expect a warm welcome if you can only weigh in with criticism and can't really grasp what this car is going to be all about...

This isn't a feel-good site, but it is an enthusiast site. If you're not at all enthusiastic about what BMW is putting on the table, go whine about it somewhere else...
So am I less of an enthusiast if I am disappointed? I don't think so--I was expecting something a little different--and the leaked photos did not show me what I was hoping for. I don't think you can rate my level of overall BMW anything based on comments made about being disappointed. And if you plan to flame the shit out of anyone not agreeing with you--then this should be a private forum, where you have to demonstrate undying loyalty to the leaked photos of the BMW 1 coupe.

Yikes....
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #144
eMINI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

The 1-series photos we've seen so far leave most of us unsure. Sometimes it looks great, sometimes not so great. Then there's the human interaction aspect of sharing our opinions. It's tough to hear someone poop on a car if you really like it/want to like it/have high expectations. And, to be honest some of the criticisms are pretty harsh. So it's understandable the people who've been investing in the 1-series scene for a long time may not be thrilled to hear harsh words from newer contributors.

My .02: The car will either look great, or it won't, or it will to some and not to others, or it will in some colors and not in others... In the end, appearance is only a portion of the equation. (A small portion for some of us!) Additionally, opinions are like... well you know. I have one. You have one. Some people care about other people's opinion, occasionally enough to be offended. When it comes to my choice of cars, that's a very personal choice. What other people think about my car matters so very little that I won't be offended if they don't like it. If their comments seem too far out of line with my own opinion, at most, it may begin to influence my opinion of them. But it won't change my opinion of my choice of cars.

So... state your opinions, pro & con, with as much energy as you like. But don't expect other people to welcome your opinion, especially if you come on a forum dedicated to a particular car and trash that car.
2010 135i Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Red Leather | Poplar Grey Wood Trim | 6MT | Premium pack | M Sport pack | Heated Seats | HK Premium sound | USB | Smartphone integration | Automatic high beams
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #145
PACIFICONE2003
Private
Rep
Drives:

Well stated eMINI. No car out there will please 100% of the population. Some people like Trucks, some Like Sedans, some like small convertibles, etc etc. It's all about individualism. The Black Model T days are long past!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #146
ecoBMW
Anxious!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E70 35i X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDriver View Post
I wonder why the trunk badge (135i) is so far to the left? It should be further to the right.
I too wondered that myself. If you notice the fine details, the line that runs vertically upward along the sunken license plate panel stops. The "i" kind of creates an imagery extension of that line.

They should move it over to the far right above the taillight.

Note in this grainy image there isn't a badge what so ever.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #147
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
So am I less of an enthusiast if I am disappointed? I don't think so--I was expecting something a little different--and the leaked photos did not show me what I was hoping for. I don't think you can rate my level of overall BMW anything based on comments made about being disappointed. And if you plan to flame the shit out of anyone not agreeing with you--then this should be a private forum, where you have to demonstrate undying loyalty to the leaked photos of the BMW 1 coupe.

Yikes....
I have officially tuned you out man. I am just going to enjoy the cars and info coming in. :tongue:
      06-28-2007, 07:01 PM   #148
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

I don't understand why everyone is focusing on the taillights in the rear. The elephant in the room is the black ABS plastic insert in the lower rear bumper that makes me recall both the Pontiac Aztek, and the injection molded plastic lawn furniture on the back deck of my college apartment. Fortunately a newly designed bumper cover can correct that hideous cheapness in a jiffy.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #149
Big Red One
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoBMW View Post
I too wondered that myself. If you notice the fine details, the line that runs vertically upward along the sunken license plate panel stops. The "i" kind of creates an imagery extension of that line.

They should move it over to the far right above the taillight.
It looks to me like the place where they put it is the only relatively "flat" vertical surface on the trunk. I think most of the real estate to the right of it is fairly convex as it starts to blend into the side of the spoiler lip and the top of the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 03:02 AM   #150
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
I don't understand why everyone is focusing on the taillights in the rear. The elephant in the room is the black ABS plastic insert in the lower rear bumper that makes me recall both the Pontiac Aztek, and the injection molded plastic lawn furniture on the back deck of my college apartment. Fortunately a newly designed bumper cover can correct that hideous cheapness in a jiffy.
That piece of black plastic has actually been a design element for quite some time now.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 07:05 AM   #151
pookakie
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Official news from the Top Gear Website for UK

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1988/

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #152
earemike
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the top gear link
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #153
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
And if you plan to flame the shit out of anyone not agreeing with you--then this should be a private forum, where you have to demonstrate undying loyalty to the leaked photos of the BMW 1 coupe.

Yikes....
Perhaps a slight over-reaction... And there are certainly no plans to "flame the shit out of anyone", as you put it.

This forum has been a pretty friendly place and I hope that doesn't change. No hard feelings, I hope.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #154
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
The elephant in the room is the black ABS plastic insert in the lower rear bumper that makes me recall both the Pontiac Aztek, and the injection molded plastic lawn furniture on the back deck of my college apartment.
I'm ok with it. But it may be one of those things that changes from year to year.

The X3 had a lot of black plastic front and back up to 2006 and now front and back bumpers are fully painted.
Appreciate 0