BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-08-2023, 11:44 AM   #1
slowbutsure
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 M5C 12 135I DCT 15 MACANS

Koni cup kits; H&r springs or Eibach.

Hello 1 addicts.
I currently have f10 m5; 335i. Bought 135i 6 months ago and I love this chassis! Love it so much, I also bought a 128i too! to my question below.

I know lots of info here regarding suspension and I've read through some if not most.I've had bilsteins and koni's in my cars. I have a bias with koni's. This will be my daily and occasional spirited driving around mountains.

the 135i n55: I want to just firm things up, need mild camber up front; I welcome some lowering also but not essential. I plan to get the koni cup kits but question of which springs h&r or eibachs? I also plan to get dinan camber plate.

I think the factory 135i comes already with sport springs? Maybe I can just get a set of koni's and the dinan camber kit and call it a day? So much to chose from but like to stay with konis and not to get into it extensively and just hoping to drive it than work on it too much.

koni cup kit with H&R sport springs
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-koni-par.../11401873~kon/

koni with eibach springs
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...wE#description.

is this the right camber plate from dinan?
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-dinan-pa...d160-0004~din/

thanks in advance. em
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 12:37 PM   #2
scratchgolf135
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: alpine white 135i

That is the correct set of camber plates. From everything I've read, the H&R drop the car a fair bit more than the Eibach so I personally went with Eibach. Some good threads on here with pics if you look around but that's likely to be your deciding factor. The H&R spring also introduce much more rake than the Eibach which I'm not a fan of.

Last edited by scratchgolf135; 02-08-2023 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 02:08 PM   #3
slowbutsure
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 M5C 12 135I DCT 15 MACANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchgolf135 View Post
That is the correct set of camber plates. From everything I've read, the H&R drop the car a fair bit more than the Eibach so I personally went with Eibach. Some good threads on here with pics if you look around but that's likely to be your deciding factor. The H&R spring also introduce much more rake than the Eibach which I'm not a fan of.
I see. Good thing I asked, I thought it was the other way around. I wonder if the factory springs be worth reusing or change the springs to Eibach and konis?
Appreciate 0