BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-03-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
mikeypx82
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

E82 Alarm Retrofit - LED isn't working

**** SOLVED *****
I got the LED to work by running the LED wire from the ultra-sonic module straight to pin 9 on the mirror. Then I ran a wire from pin 8 at X14289 to pin 8 X14292 at the mirror.

I did the alarm retrofit on my 2010 135i and everything is working except for the LED on the mirror. My car did not come prewired for an alarm. I made the wiring harness myself and bought all of the parts individually. I followed all of the steps in the BMW retrofit installation instructions and programmed the car using ISTA-P 3.65. I had no problems during the coding process. I tested the tilt sensor, ultra-sonic interior sensor, and hood switch. They all work. The only thing that is not working is the LED on the rear-view mirror.

I have tried two different wiring options for the LED. First, I ran the LED wire (pin 5) on the ultra-sonic module straight to X14292 at pin 9 on the mirror. That didn’t work. Next, I plugged pin 5 from the ultra-sonic module into X14288 and X14288 to pin 9 at X14292. That didn’t work either.
I tested the LED wire to make sure it didn’t get pinched/shorted to ground.

Could the LED in the mirror be faulty? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: pdf EDoc-2008285543 retrofit kit, theft alarm.pdf (992.7 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by mikeypx82; 04-08-2019 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: solved my problem
Appreciate 1
Skotcoop269.00
      12-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypx82 View Post
**** SOLVED *****
I got the LED to work by running the LED wire from the ultra-sonic module straight to pin 9 on the mirror. Then I ran a wire from pin 8 at X14289 to pin 8 X14292 at the mirror.

I did the alarm retrofit on my 2010 135i and everything is working except for the LED on the mirror. My car did not come prewired for an alarm. I made the wiring harness myself and bought all of the parts individually. I followed all of the steps in the BMW retrofit installation instructions and programmed the car using ISTA-P 3.65. I had no problems during the coding process. I tested the tilt sensor, ultra-sonic interior sensor, and hood switch. They all work. The only thing that is not working is the LED on the rear-view mirror.

I have tried two different wiring options for the LED. First, I ran the LED wire (pin 5) on the ultra-sonic module straight to X14292 at pin 9 on the mirror. That didn't work. Next, I plugged pin 5 from the ultra-sonic module into X14288 and X14288 to pin 9 at X14292. That didn't work either.
I tested the LED wire to make sure it didn't get pinched/shorted to ground.

Could the LED in the mirror be faulty? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I am looking to do this fairly soon and wanted to know what part numbers you used for this/or at least what is needed

thanks for your help!
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:39 AM   #3
Skotcoop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01

Curious about part numbers as well. This honestly sounds like a huge pain the in the arse. Its pretty shocking alarms weren't standard on these cars and having one put in by the dealer may cost a fortune. Anyone considered an aftermarket alarm by someone like car toys or something?
Appreciate 0