BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #23
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Well I'm going for 800whp and I'm going the DBBL route. From the tuning standpoint, complexity and such I felt it was the least complex and therefore easiest for me to tune.
I'm taking my sweet time though.
I see, I assume you are running e85? For me, I could do DBBL with a stage 3 LPFP and completely ignore PI. You think I could hit 800whp on pump + meth?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 06:50 PM   #24
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Maybe. I've never looked into it. And frankly I don't trust meth. Or at least he spray nozzles used. Just takes a little leak or one stuck and you're done for.

Yes I'm E85.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 07:28 AM   #25
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Maybe. I've never looked into it. And frankly I don't trust meth. Or at least he spray nozzles used. Just takes a little leak or one stuck and you're done for.

Yes I'm E85.
I see, I could import a barrel of e85 and keep it at my house and fill up when I want my kill tune, could a e50 or e 60 blend work and willallow me to hit 800whp? Then I can daily on a lower boost on pump.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 08:12 AM   #26
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
You could. Just keep enough e85 around to do logs and test things out.
My path is actually pretty similar to yours. Going single turbo in the next month. Will add DI meth from prometh and make my present stg2 lpfp into a stg3 using a hobbs switch that only kicks on 2nd pump when i get on it. I will log and i also have easy access to a dyno. See how much power i can put down with 93 oct and loads of meth before i run out of fuel.
In a few months i will be adding an lsd and axels a new hpfp, a PFS Pod, and a better fuel lines. I will then dial that setup in with logs and a dyno.see how much power i can make safely.
In less than a year i am moving south to where e85 is more available. At that point i will get a phoenix racing PI manifold, a jb4 PI controller. Turn down my meth pump, and add just one nozzle to my charge pipe for cooling iat's. And probably get setup for flex fuel( which allows you to run any blend of ethanol safely with out having to change tunes). And again do logs and figure out where i am power wise and where i can go. Then when everything is turned up. In sure i will blow up my transmission. Then theres that and the head and cam work coming.

Best thing you can do is sit down, make a plan and follow it. The last year after i installed hybrid turbos ive done nothing but fix leaks, change gaskets and fix misfires and boost leaks. Now thats all done im moving on to the good stuff.

Im trying to get a friend of mine who owns a local shop to start getting 55 gal drums of e85 delivered to him. But its very expensive like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #27
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro135 View Post
You could. Just keep enough e85 around to do logs and test things out.
My path is actually pretty similar to yours. Going single turbo in the next month. Will add DI meth from prometh and make my present stg2 lpfp into a stg3 using a hobbs switch that only kicks on 2nd pump when i get on it. I will log and i also have easy access to a dyno. See how much power i can put down with 93 oct and loads of meth before i run out of fuel.
In a few months i will be adding an lsd and axels a new hpfp, a PFS Pod, and a better fuel lines. I will then dial that setup in with logs and a dyno.see how much power i can make safely.
In less than a year i am moving south to where e85 is more available. At that point i will get a phoenix racing PI manifold, a jb4 PI controller. Turn down my meth pump, and add just one nozzle to my charge pipe for cooling iat's. And probably get setup for flex fuel( which allows you to run any blend of ethanol safely with out having to change tunes). And again do logs and figure out where i am power wise and where i can go. Then when everything is turned up. In sure i will blow up my transmission. Then theres that and the head and cam work coming.

Best thing you can do is sit down, make a plan and follow it. The last year after i installed hybrid turbos ive done nothing but fix leaks, change gaskets and fix misfires and boost leaks. Now thats all done im moving on to the good stuff.

Im trying to get a friend of mine who owns a local shop to start getting 55 gal drums of e85 delivered to him. But its very expensive like that.
Are you gonna be spraying meth on your DD map? What WHP is your goal?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #28
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Im going 6266 gen2 which is rated upto 800whp. But i doubt id get there. Im guessing if i can hit 625-650 to the wheels on a dd tune and 700 area on a raceday tune would save me from trans and internal engine work for awhile.

Right now with hybrids im running the jb4 "race" bef and i have an on/off switch for meth under my headlight switch. So with this flash i can turn it on and off and car pretty much runs the same until i hit 13psi then the meth will start spraying. But im just single nozzle chargepipe meth now. Which on a dyno only added like 12-15whp
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 03:39 PM   #29
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro135 View Post
Im going 6266 gen2 which is rated upto 800whp. But i doubt id get there. Im guessing if i can hit 625-650 to the wheels on a dd tune and 700 area on a raceday tune would save me from trans and internal engine work for awhile.

Right now with hybrids im running the jb4 "race" bef and i have an on/off switch for meth under my headlight switch. So with this flash i can turn it on and off and car pretty much runs the same until i hit 13psi then the meth will start spraying. But im just single nozzle chargepipe meth now. Which on a dyno only added like 12-15whp
Does CP meth only work for cooling or as an octane booster as well?
Appreciate 0