BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #947
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Rolfe BMW Canberra has an extra car with no ones name on it, as a result of the extra cars ex Japan.

IF you want it call Bill Reid now, 0418 620076, he is ready to take your order on the spot (RRP of course).
Car snapped up this morning by a Canberra local.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #948
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Car snapped up this morning by a Canberra local.
I just talked to Bill and he said a deal was just done in Canberra.

Have more or less finalized at 'Gong. Everything should be done on Monday, so now I think I can be assured a car. Closure at last.

Mr. Alpine, thank you so much mate. Thanks for talking to the guy in Canberra as well, really do appreciate it.

Last edited by alik01; 03-19-2011 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #949
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
I just talked to Bill and he said a deal was just done in Canberra.

Have more or less finalized at 'Gong. Everything should be done on Monday, so now I think I can be assured a car. Closure at last.

Mr. Alpine, thank you so much mate. Thanks for talking to the guy in Canberra as well, really do appreciate it.
Just wanted to help a fellow enthusists get into a car. They will be awesome and will have great resale without doubt IMO.

Congrats and well done, you can now sleep and dream of a ///1M.

Last edited by Alpine*; 03-19-2011 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 03:25 AM   #950
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Here's something I found surfing the Tube tonight.

Nice video for all you orange people!

bloody hell, it won't let me post the vid....

type this in to the Tube

Canadian International Auto Show Debut: BMW 1 Series M Coupé
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 04:39 AM   #951
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:

type this in to the Tube

There is also another video from the 1M forum with the exhaust sounds - sounds much better than any other videos we have seen so far.

I am glad alik was able to sort everything out.

Now, I just need to workout how I can get to the official press day , especially since we haven't heard back from anyone re private viewing - it is always difficult to get them to spend more $ when all cars have been sold.

Last edited by sparoz; 03-19-2011 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #952
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Oh, for the people who haven't checked out the main forum, the MotoGP safety car features a Akrapovic exhaust! Hopefully, they will release it when the car comes out, especially they have already done the hard part in designing it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 04:50 AM   #953
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Oh, for the people who haven't checked out the main forum, the MotoGP safety car features a Akrapovic exhaust! Hopefully, they will release it when the car comes out, especially they have already done the hard part in designing it.
Dude, see the 1M mod thread started by Alpine.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #954
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Just wanted to help a fellow enthusists get into a car. They will be awesome and will have great resale without doubt IMO.

Congrats and well done, you can now sleep and dream of a ///1M.
Quote:
There is also another video from the 1M forum with the exhaust sounds - sounds much better than any other videos we have seen so far.

I am glad alik was able to sort everything out.

Now, I just need to workout how I can get to the official press day , especially since we haven't heard back from anyone re private viewing - it is always difficult to get them to spend more $ when all cars have been sold.
Thanks gents. This really has been the support group for the past few months, so thanks so much for the support over the past few days. Been dreaming 1M for a while now, they just won't be nightmares anymore!

As for official press day, any chance they'll let us tag along to the event if we ask really nicely with sugar on top???
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #955
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

type this in to the Tube

nice, but i'm still going black
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #956
lavaletta
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 04 3.0i Z4; 09 135i; VO 1M

I know Gazz has one, but who else has been given a production number? My dealer keeps telling me that I am definitely their first allocation, will definitely have an April build etc etc etc, but can't give me a prod number. I can't help getting a bit twitchy!
      03-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #957
NPVPositive
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaletta View Post
I know Gazz has one, but who else has been given a production number? My dealer keeps telling me that I am definitely their first allocation, will definitely have an April build etc etc etc, but can't give me a prod number. I can't help getting a bit twitchy!

I'm in exactly the same position. Think I will phone the dealer tomorrow and push him for a production number or an explanation for why I don't have one yet.

Clarkson on the 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #958
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaletta View Post
You should have a chassis number by now and an actual slot in Leipzig. Production numbers will confirm a car but are tentative re build dates. It's one call to BMW Australia from your dealer to find out. Tell him that Lyntons on the Gold Coast have their act together and their customers are in the know. ( I hope ).
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:25 AM   #959
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

(always wanted to use this character set)

Any updates, build dates Vins or anything else noteworthy ... maybe just waffle?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 04:13 AM   #960
NPVPositive
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:

(always wanted to use this character set)

Any updates, build dates Vins or anything else noteworthy ... maybe just waffle?

OK, since you're bored, here's a bit of waffle for you. I know we've talked about the arse falling out of M3 pricing before, but look at this one . . . 35,000 km and priced at only $98k!

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...6879&silo=1011

Good thing I REALLY want a 1M!!

Clarkson on the 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #961
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPVPositive View Post
OK, since you're bored, here's a bit of waffle for you. I know we've talked about the arse falling out of M3 pricing before, but look at this one . . . 35,000 km and priced at only $98k!

And why would I be keeping mine for another 12 months before I replace it (pay off some of the residual now that I am 3 years into a 5 year lease), that is a big part of it.

Try searching a similar year M5, new ~$240k +ORC now at ~$120-130k, that is a biggggg hit in resale.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #962
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPVPositive View Post

Owner is on M3post. He had a few wtb threads on e92 m3 parts... 2+2=
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #963
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Have been quite busy lately and away from the forum, but you guys are always in my heart!

A quick update on my situation, I have now stitched up the deal at the 'Gong, marginally dearer than the Newcastle car but really happy with the deal. Thanks to Garry, who's been excellent (PLUG: anyone looking at BMW in NSW should call him). I have the car I want, confirmation of #1 on the list and an absolute guarantee of delivery before 31 Nov. 2011. I also have an email confirming June Production allocation and a September delivery. Now the waiting begins, fun fun fun!

Thank you all again, Alpine in particular, for all the help and support throughout this ordeal. The advise and knowledge here has made the difference between my having this car (soon) and not.

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY PSYCHED!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #964
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Have been quite busy lately and away from the forum, but you guys are always in my heart!

A quick update on my situation, I have now stitched up the deal at the 'Gong, marginally dearer than the Newcastle car but really happy with the deal. Thanks to Garry, who's been excellent (PLUG: anyone looking at BMW in NSW should call him). I have the car I want, confirmation of #1 on the list and an absolute guarantee of delivery before 31 Nov. 2011. I also have an email confirming June Production allocation and a September delivery. Now the waiting begins, fun fun fun!

Thank you all again, Alpine in particular, for all the help and support throughout this ordeal. The advise and knowledge here has made the difference between my having this car (soon) and not.

GREAT NEWS and a build date cooool!

I haven't heard anyone else mentioning a date beyond the March/April allocations.

Welome aboard, pitty they scrapped the 'no speed limits' in NT we could have had a cannon ball run of 1M cars to NT for a GTG, hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 03:09 AM   #965
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:

I am glad it is all sorted .
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #966
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:

I haven't heard anyone else mentioning a date beyond the March/April allocations.

Welome aboard, pitty they scrapped the 'no speed limits' in NT we could have had a cannon ball run of 1M cars to NT for a GTG, hahahaha
Quote:
I am glad it is all sorted .
Thanks gentlemen, it has been an interesting couple of days, but hopefully all good now.

I have access to the track here, so not all bad news for driving in the NT. Cannonball run is most welcome!

Now to let the wait test my patience!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 04:46 AM   #967
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:

That's because no one knows for sure yet. For the larger dealership like Melb, after the first March/April allocation, they have been told that the next round allocation (guessing May build) will go to the other dealers that missed out on first round allocation of 10-15 cars. So someone like me who is second on the list, it could be June build. But that's ok, I will live vicariously through the rest of you. (and maybe go buy something else to keep me entertained on the meantime)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 06:24 AM   #968
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
That's because no one knows for sure yet. For the larger dealership like Melb, after the first March/April allocation, they have been told that the next round allocation (guessing May build) will go to the other dealers that missed out on first round allocation of 10-15 cars. So someone like me who is second on the list, it could be June build. But that's ok, I will live vicariously through the rest of you. (and maybe go buy something else to keep me entertained on the meantime)
Perhaps one of these, in the off chance they actually bring it here;

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/21/o...etails-priced/

Regardless, you've got a GT3, what more does one need for entertainment???
Appreciate 0