BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
hpcaub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Wrap to match Monaco blue paint?

Hey Guys and Gals, I just bought a 2008 Monaco blue 135i. The PO did not have a garage, so the car sat in the NorCal sun for the last 10 years, baking the paint on the hood, roof and trunk. A decent paint job is close to $5k, and it's not worth spending that much money on the car. I'm thinking of doing a wrap of the hood, roof and trunk, but am concerned that the stock 3m colors won't match the rest of the car very well. The shop is suggesting midnight blue. The paint is still smooth, so the wrap shop says a wrap will stick to the existing paint with a little prep.

Anyone have experience with a wrap color that is very close to our Monaco blue paint?

Another option is to have the roof wrapped, but the hood and trunk painted. If I do that, I'll wrap the roof in either carbon fiber color or gloss black. Any input on these two roof colors?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0