BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #45
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer22 View Post
I contacted the car selling for 21K. She e-mailed me back saying that she is divorced and wants to sell the car as she doesn't have a driver's license.
Then I e-mailed her and asked how come the car is registered to some guy in Florida. And her ad says TEXAS. Then she replied:
Hello Brian,
Please let me explain to you the process of this transaction and you can decide if you want to proceed or not.
As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I also got a new job and moved to Omaha Nebraska in order to start over. I'm in Omaha Nebraska but my presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with PayPal. The car is in Omaha at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 to 5 working days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the car prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense. If you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, address, and phone#.
Once I have your info I will forward them to PayPal to get things started. PayPal will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this
deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details.
Regards
Susan
Can you say SCAM???
Name:  2Good2BTrue.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  34.3 KB
      01-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #46
Vrumpkin
Seymour J. Vrumpkin
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post
There are also people on this forum who paid msrp or $1-2K over. Good deal? I don't think so
MSRP
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #47
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
I know several that paid invoice or close to it for their 1M's at launch by pre-ordering it before the dealer realized what the car was.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #48
I Love BMW's
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442
I know several that paid invoice or close to it for their 1M's at launch by pre-ordering it before the dealer realized what the car was.
I got mine for Euro Delivery MSRP + my usual deal for dealer profit. Usually my dealer will do Euro Delivery Invoice + dealer profit, but not on the 1M.

I was still very happy to get it under US MSRP!
Appreciate 0