BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-05-2019, 07:31 AM   #1
crowtrobot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Anyone have a Koni Yellow Coilover Conversion?

I've been running Koni yellows + stock M-sport springs on my 128i for the past several years, but now I'm looking to upgrade the suspension.

I see that there is a coilover conversion for the Konis, was wondering if anyone's used it and had any thoughts (quality, springs used, install problems) vs going for a typical coilover kit? I know that Dinan and TCKline are using Konis with custom valving, so it seems like a good place to start?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

No but I have a set of TCK SA front dampers springs and top hat or camber plate which is as good as you're gonna get on the Koni shock.

Also have the height adjusters and rear springs. Don't ask about the rear damper, but can use the standard konis there or get new ones.

Just a simple plug for good parts.
      11-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
I've been running Koni yellows + stock M-sport springs on my 128i for the past several years, but now I'm looking to upgrade the suspension.

I see that there is a coilover conversion for the Konis, was wondering if anyone's used it and had any thoughts (quality, springs used, install problems) vs going for a typical coilover kit? I know that Dinan and TCKline are using Konis with custom valving, so it seems like a good place to start?

Thanks!
Here are the conversion kit and coilovers if you are referring to:

https://www.hpashop.com/Koni-Coilove...on-e82-e9x.htm

https://www.hpashop.com/TCKR-E82-E9X...it-e82-e9x.htm

PM or email us with any specific questions you may have.
Appreciate 1